8 Toggle Dip-Switch

1-2 = ON
    4-6 = Coin Mech
    7 = ON
    8 = OFF
    4 Toggle Dip Switch

1-2 = ON
    3-4 = UNUSED
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Difficulty: Factory Default
    Starting Ships: 3
    Extra ship: Every 10,000 Points
    NOTE: This is the [TGTS] 5 ship variation. Once you lose your 5th ship then your game is over. Please submit your score at that point.

Special Note: The TG board of directors has agreed that the technique of shooting down back-to-back command ships at the end of each stage has been deemed legally permissible and is not considered 'point scrabbing', after much consideration. This confirmation of TG's stance on this decision is dated 7/19/02.
    Submission Message
    time 35:57
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 06-12-2016, 12:05 AM
    Score rollovers at the 12:33 and 24:52 marks

Deaths
    8:42
    14:54
    17:45
    26:00
    35:59 - 299,010

Awesome run Brian, this is some great competition between you and John, congrats on taking the record back,
    Yes (Accepted)! :)

-Duc
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
    Likes DJ Wheels, JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 06-12-2016, 04:51 AM
    Thanks HugDD, maybe it will become like the Donkey Kong competition between Wes Copeland and Robbie Lakeman!
  4. 06-12-2016, 06:12 AM
    Might be a silly question to those who know this game well but... where are the dip switches? Is this game running at the correct settings?
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  5. 06-12-2016, 06:49 AM
    Not silly at all. The dip switches are located on the main board inside the machine. The dip switches were at the correct settings. For this particular game the dip switch settings only change the language, number of ships you start with (3 or 4) and free play or number of coins (http://www.arcade-museum.com/dipswit...ings/6939.html). I know it's customary to show the board/dip switches for evidence before or after the game, but sometimes depending on the location, it's just not possible. We can see the starting ships were at 3 (not that it matters in this case) so I hope that is good enough.
    *John McAllister, who broke the record the other day (https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/157539), was approved, without showing the board/dip switches, I hope I am awarded the same courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by rotunda View Post
    Might be a silly question to those who know this game well but... where are the dip switches? Is this game running at the correct settings?
  6. 06-12-2016, 08:03 AM
    Having checked online for user manuals and other such information (just to be 100% sure). I can confirm you are right.

Below are the specific dip-switch settings users have contribued for Asteroids:8 SWITCH DIP
    --------
    ......11 English
    ......10 German
    ......01 French
    ......00 Spanish
    .....1.. 4-ship game
    .....0.. 3-ship game
    11...... Free Play
    10...... 1 Coin for 2 Plays
    01...... 1 Coin for 1 Play 00...... 2 Coins for 1 Play

Source: http://www.arcade-museum.com/dipswit...ings/6939.html

Going for an accept! congrats sir
    Thanks DJ Wheels thanked this post
    Likes DJ Wheels, HugDD liked this post
  7. 06-12-2016, 08:24 AM

Accepted Welcome to Twin Galaxy Brian & Congratulations on Breaking John's 1 day World Record On TGST 5 Ship Asteroids WR You Brian & John McAllister I JJT Johnny see both Scoring over 500,000 pts. maybe even more Competitors. Like Donkey Kong Between Wes & Robbie & Mitchael & Wiebe

Note: Their are No Difficulty Setting for This Game Just Factory Default

Note: That the Score Turns Over at 100,000pts it goes back to Zero 0

Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Difficulty: Factory Default
    Starting Ships: 3
    Extra ship: Every 10,000 Points
    NOTE: This is the [TGTS] 5 ship variation. Once you lose your 5th ship then your game is over. Please submit your score at that point.

Asteroids - Tournament [TGTS] 5 ship Game Starts at :03 of the video

Asteroids - Tournament [TGTS] 5 ship Game Settings Begin at

Arcade - Asteroids - Tournament[TGTS] 5 ship - 299,010 Final Score is
    at

17:43 on the 2nd Death 14:53 on the 3rd Death 25:59 on the 4th Death 35:58 5th Death a Silly Mistake

Full Credit Goes to HugDD: Score rollovers at the 12:33 and 24:52 marks

Deaths
    8:42
    14:54
    17:45
    26:00
    35:59 - 299,010

Asteroids DIP Switch Settings
    Submitted by Brian Z.

Switch @ R6
    $ = Default

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    2 Coins for 1 Play | | | | | | |Off |Off |
    | | | | | | | | |
    Left Coin Mechanism x 1 $| | | | On | | | | |
    Left Coin Mechanism x 2 | | | |Off | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | |
    Right Coin Mechanism x 1 $| | | | | On | On | | |
    Right Coin Mechanism x 4 | | | | |Off | On | | |
    Right Coin Mechanism x 5 | | | | | On |Off | | |
    | | | | | | | | |
    3 Ships per game $| | |Off | | | | | |
    4 Ships per Game | | | On | | | | | |
    | | | | | | | | |
    English $| On | On | | | | | | |
    German |Off | On | | | | | | |
    French | On |Off | | | | | | |
    Spanish |Off |Off | | | | | | |
    -----------------------------------------

The 4 Switch DIP is used for the coin counter selection but I don't have
    the data.

Thanks DJ Wheels, HugDD thanked this post
  8. 06-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Asteroids - Tournament [TGTS] 5 ship Game Starts at :03 of the video

Asteroids - Tournament [TGTS] 5 ship Game Settings Are Correct I know the Game Really Well as you can see the the Dip Setting for Asteroids are their to verify for all to see

Arcade - Asteroids - Tournament [TGTS] 5 ship - 299,010 Final Score is at 35:58 of the video

Likes HugDD liked this post
  9. 06-12-2016, 01:25 PM
    Nicely done and it looks so easy :) 60k per ship that's getting up there. Looks like we both need to work on our focus of the camera as it might hose us one of these days.
    Thanks DJ Wheels thanked this post
  10. 06-12-2016, 05:24 PM
    Thanks, John! Just got my first webcam and this was my first attempt recording an arcade game with it. No clue what to do about the focus. I tried using an old camcorder and it would lose focus periodically as well. Very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post
    Nicely done and it looks so easy :) 60k per ship that's getting up there. Looks like we both need to work on our focus of the camera as it might hose us one of these days.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us