Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 06-12-2016, 06:19 PM
    Well done sir!
    Thanks DJ Wheels thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  2. 06-13-2016, 05:52 AM
    I've used a webcam for recording TVs only so can't provide much perspective on arcade machines, although you'd think it would work the same as filming any CRT which can be tough to get a good shot on up close (where your focus will be best).

As for the camcorder issue - the only thing I've gotten to work is physically disabling the auto-focus feature on my VHS camcorder (yes I know) so I can manually dial it in and it won't drift on me. Even when I did a soft switch to make Focus=Manual it still drifted a little on me for shots longer than 30min or so. To physically disable it you risk damage to the camcorder, though. Depends on what it's worth to you.

I personally thought yours and John's videos look just fine. Vectors can be hard to film with the high contrast of the graphics/field.
  3. 06-13-2016, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Wheels View Post
    Thanks, John! Just got my first webcam and this was my first attempt recording an arcade game with it. No clue what to do about the focus. I tried using an old camcorder and it would lose focus periodically as well. Very annoying
    Best thing to use is a Go Pro type camera, 1080p and fixed focus.

See here for an example:

disabling the auto-focus feature on my VHS camcorder (yes I know)
    Ben, no issue with that! VHS still has it's place and if it's not broke, don't fix it right?
    Likes bensweeneyonbass, DJ Wheels, HugDD liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Join us