Everdrives are accepted by the Community, what about the 161-1 cart for Neo Geo Arcade?

1. Everdrives are accepted by the Community, what about the 161-1 cart for Neo Geo Arcade?

06-19-2016, 06:45 AM
    Everdrives are accepted by the Community, what about the 161-1 cart for Neo Geo Arcade Games? It is the same thing. Still using the same hardware, just loading a rom.

Thoughts?
  2. 06-19-2016, 01:54 PM
    Good question. It a cartridge that uses the original hardware.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
  3. 06-19-2016, 04:20 PM
    For 97 of the games, definitely. Just stay away from the 64 bootlegs and hacks they included on it.
  4. 06-19-2016, 07:09 PM
    Personally, I'd be fine with it. The adjudication community as a whole...not sure. Multigame boards like the popular 60-in-1 aren't accepted for the arcade platform submissions to my knowledge. Maybe try submitting a score and see what happens?
  5. 06-19-2016, 07:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA HAN View Post
    Personally, I'd be fine with it. The adjudication community as a whole...not sure. Multigame boards like the popular 60-in-1 aren't accepted for the arcade platform submissions to my knowledge. Maybe try submitting a score and see what happens?
    I think Mike is referring to the one for the AES. That's the one I'm ok with.
  6. 06-19-2016, 08:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timmell View Post
    Yes the "yellow cart" as Keith refers to them. http://www.ebay.com/itm/331883568504...84.m1436.l2649
    Oh, the one for the MVS. I totally missed the "arcade" in your original post. I'm still ok with it, but not sure if everyone would be on board with it, just from how it's always been in the past. Like Pete stated, submit a score and see what happens. You have 2 "Yes" votes already :)
  7. 06-20-2016, 03:25 AM
    You can't compare the Neo Geo multicart to the xxx-in-1 jamma boards. The jamma boards are emulation while the Neo Geo cartridge has the actual roms on a cartridge designed to work with the original hardware. So like @timmell says, it works exactly like the Everdrives but you can't manipulate the data on the cartridge as it's encrypted.

But like it was mentioned above, I think we/everybody should stay away from submitting scores for the romhacks that's also present on those multicartridges.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
Join us