PC - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition - Points - Easy - 4,137 - Liza Bundy

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PC - FTL: Faster Than Light Advanced Edition - Points - Easy - 4,137 - Liza Bundy

06-27-2016, 07:17 PM
    vzaar-player

Points - Easy
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=132406
    Rules
    -Must play on easy difficulty -Advanced Edition must be ON, all mods must be OFF. -Quitting and loading mid-game is NOT allowed -Any ship and layout is allowed -Farming rebel beacons is acceptable but farming no-fuel encounters is NOT due to the possibility of infinite farming
    Submission Message
    This is my first score submission, so hopefully the video's sufficient! Settings are shown at the beginning, with the final score in the very last six seconds. Computer started overheating toward the end of Sector 7, so I had to slow down a bit and wait for my SMC fan control to catch up.
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  2. 06-27-2016, 11:40 PM
    Welcome to this ridiculously male dominated website. Your presence is much appreciated.

Good luck with getting your inaugural submission accepted
    Likes lizabundy, HugDD liked this post
  3. 06-27-2016, 11:52 PM
    Hi Casey, congrats on submitting your first record. Welcome to the club!
  4. 06-28-2016, 07:07 AM
    That was a great watch. No sound though? Maybe next time.

That starting beam is so OP. The amount of damage that could do was insane! I've only played with the Kestrel but this ship design looks better. It seems more spaced out so it's easier to choke intruders.

Accepted
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
  5. 06-28-2016, 08:15 AM
    I had a little trouble getting the sound to work, though I'm admittedly a score-recording novice. Going to have to change the way I capture it in the future, apologies!

This is definitely my ship layout of choice and it's solely because of the Halberd Beam! The only real drawback IMO is the fact that engines, weapons, and shields (and later, drones) are all next to one another, so it's difficult to air out a room that's caught fire without evacuating every major system.
  6. 06-28-2016, 09:42 AM
    Practice makes perfect. I love the 'music' in this game it's so soothing. Also, if possible, get some commentary going. Would love to know some thoughts behind the decisions. The battles spoke for themselves. Take down the shield with ion cannon and shred everything to pieces with the lasers.

But on the starmap it seemed like you were going back and forth on which route to go. Also the decisions on what to buy/sell in the shops.

Makes sense with wanting to put out fire. It's pretty tough when they're connected like that. Things can go south in an instant in this game :D
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
  7. 06-28-2016, 09:48 AM
    Great score on a great game! Glad there is a track for this, might have to play FTL again soon. Good work! Accepted.

Name:  4137.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  24.9 KB
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, lizabundy, bensweeneyonbass liked this post
  8. 06-29-2016, 06:24 PM
    Watching your submission I noticed it looks like an Apple system. Can you add what hardware and OS you are using? I don't know much about Apple systems but know there are a few old ones tracked here and was wondering if the newer Apples get categorized into the PC platform.

Thanks,
  9. 06-29-2016, 08:05 PM
    I'm so happy to see my track get another submission ;_;

I'm prone to boarding but it kills your points. I'll have to do a run that focuses on destroying all enemy ships because I tend to always use the lanius and board whenever possible.
  10. 06-29-2016, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Watching your submission I noticed it looks like an Apple system. Can you add what hardware and OS you are using? I don't know much about Apple systems but know there are a few old ones tracked here and was wondering if the newer Apples get categorized into the PC platform.

Thanks,
    I know I would categorize it as a PC. You can see that she's running the game from Steam.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us