Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

1. Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-16-2009, 03:40 PM
    I just got home from a cross-country vacation trip last night (I saw more of the US than I ever even had any interest in seeing). Among the things I visited was the Pinball Hall of Fame in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was amazing! I've never seen more pinball machines in one place ever -- and probably never will again. I got to play some really old machines... It was an incredible experience.

If anybody's interested, I may be posting some pics.... and maybe even some video of it on YouTube later on.
  2. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-16-2009, 08:04 PM
    sounds awesome...look forward to seeing it!
    --Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  3. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-16-2009, 08:38 PM
    I'll be there next Saturday...I'm going to Vegas for a concert, but I have it planned to go to the PBHOf....
  4. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-17-2009, 07:19 AM
    sweet brian...do a quickie tour with a camera if you have one...even digital cam pics or mini-movie clip would be sweet.

man, I am gonna have to plan a trip out there someday.
    pinball BITD was my true love more than video games were.

anyone that knew me BITD would see me on the pinballs a lot...

there are some videos of this at youtube. as well as other HoF type collections etc. cool stuff!

actually, this video gives me the walkaround I pretty much was looking for...shame the house lights were off...hard to see many of them versus if lights were on.

--Rick Carter
    My streaming broadcast channel: www.justin.tv/permafrostrick
  5. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-17-2009, 07:34 PM
    Be Warned: In the summertime, bring your own mini-fan. There is no A/C in the PHOF, and the summers go as high as 115.
    But dont let that spoil your fun, I go at least 3 times a month, and never get bored of the variety.
  6. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-18-2009, 03:00 PM
    Add me to the list of people who enjoyed pinball before video games. I've never been to Vegas and people are suprised when I tell them I like to gamble, I'd enjoy a few shows but the number one reason I want to go to Vegas is to visit the PBHOF. I'll check in but I may never leave.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  7. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-18-2009, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaversfan
    Add me to the list of people who enjoyed pinball before video games. I've never been to Vegas and people are suprised when I tell them I like to gamble, I'd enjoy a few shows but the number one reason I want to go to Vegas is to visit the PBHOF. I'll check in but I may never leave.
    For me, this Mecca is the ONLY reason I want to go to Vegas... not even kidding. Well alright.. to meet some good folks there too. :)

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  8. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-19-2009, 03:50 PM
    From what I've heard Tim's going to be moving soon to bigger digs. It sounds like he found a place for all of his machines, which I heard is somewhere in the high 400 area and there's another guy with him that's got another 100 machines.

I'm so pissed off that it wasn't open when I went to Vegas a few years ago. I would have spent all my money there rather then walking The Strip looking for arcades with sub-par games and hardly any pinball machines.
  9. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-19-2009, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Jump
    From what I've heard Tim's going to be moving soon to bigger digs. It sounds like he found a place for all of his machines, which I heard is somewhere in the high 400 area and there's another guy with him that's got another 100 machines.
    o.o?! Sweet! Definitely gonna wanna find out more details so if I plan to go, I don't encounter it during transition.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  10. Re: Pinball Hall of Fame - Las Vegas

05-20-2009, 08:24 PM
    [quote=Mr. Kelly R. Flewin][quote="Moon Jump":3b8yfcbx]From what I've heard Tim's going to be moving soon to bigger digs. It sounds like he found a place for all of his machines, which I heard is somewhere in the high 400 area and there's another guy with him that's got another 100 machines. [/quote]

o.o?! Sweet! Definitely gonna wanna find out more details so if I plan to go, I don't encounter it during transition.

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin[/quote:3b8yfcbx]

I saw some pictures they took over on RGP ([url="http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball"]http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball[/url]) of Tim checking out what used to be a Carpet store that's now out of business. The place looked huge from the outside and the inside, so it looks like it's going to be really nutty. Thankfully flights out of MacArthur Airport via Southwest are less then 100 bucks, so I'd love to make it for the grand opening when he makes the move.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us