About loading CDT tape images on the Amstrad CPC

1. About loading CDT tape images on the Amstrad CPC

07-26-2016, 07:30 AM
    Hi guys!!

I'm a proud owner of an old Amstrad CPC 464. The thing is that sometimes I play games on the Amstrad by loading them from tape CDT images and an external audio input, just because the tape doesn't work well or I don't own the game... Submitting an score by that way would be considered "legal" or should I load games from the original tape and deck? Is it necessary to film the whole loading screen (it lasts about 5-10 mins) and gameplay or just the gameplay?

I'm planning tu submit a couple of scores, so I'd like know...

Thanks a lot and play.
    --
    Pablo Forcén

Arcade Vintage, SPAIN
    www.arcadevintage.es
  2. 07-26-2016, 10:35 AM
    I know the CPC simple reads the tape via audio and so if the CDT image is being played as audio into the CPC, there should be no difference. There are many platforms which use non-original methods of loading games, so the CDT image method you are describing should fit normally into this acceptable mix.

I would strongly recommend showing the full loading of the game from the moment the CPC is turned on. That way people can see that there were no cheats devices registered in the CPC before loading the game and there are no cheats used during load of the game (trainers, for example). If you show such stuff, there should be less questions about the submission. Less questions = easier acceptance. ;)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks pabloforcen thanked this post
    Likes pabloforcen liked this post
  3. 07-26-2016, 11:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    I know the CPC simple reads the tape via audio and so if the CDT image is being played as audio into the CPC, there should be no difference. There are many platforms which use non-original methods of loading games, so the CDT image method you are describing should fit normally into this acceptable mix.

I would strongly recommend showing the full loading of the game from the moment the CPC is turned on. That way people can see that there were no cheats devices registered in the CPC before loading the game and there are no cheats used during load of the game (trainers, for example). If you show such stuff, there should be less questions about the submission. Less questions = easier acceptance. ;)
    Thanks a lot for the information. I couldn't agree more with you.
    --
    Pablo Forcén

Arcade Vintage, SPAIN
    www.arcadevintage.es
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
Join us