Robotron 2017 Vid Kidz 35th Anniversary Gauntlet Challenge

1. Robotron 2017 Vid Kidz 35th Anniversary Gauntlet Challenge

08-13-2016, 08:18 AM
    A challenge so difficult that you have 16 months of practice to accomplish it.

Two people in the history of the game have ever achieved a verified 1-credit game to 100 million points. Will you be the next?

Summary: Fastest time to 100 million points by NYE 2017 wins the coveted Title belt. There can only be one champion for this special 35th anniversary challenge. And of course a free T-shirt autographed by the Vid Kidz themselves...cuz who doesn't love a free T-shirt.

Full details here- http://www.robotron2084guidebook.com...let-challenge/
    Are you inspired to find the joy in gaming?

TG employee (82-84)
    robotron2084guidebook.com/
    Likes spectre, datagod, OOO liked this post
  2. 08-15-2016, 08:43 AM
    At what point in the contest do we play Gauntlet?
    I'm thinking about using the Elf or Warrior for that part ;)
  3. 08-16-2016, 03:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 1500points View Post
    Summary: Fastest time to 100 million points by NYE 2017 wins the coveted Title belt. There can only be one champion for this special 35th anniversary challenge.

Full details here- http://www.robotron2084guidebook.com...let-challenge/
    That's 1500 points for you Mr Hoff and no hassle ... 35 year anniversary you say ... what a great idea! ...

Vid Kidz made several well renowned and classic arcade games ... Robotron of which is one with a very strong following ... and rightly so ...

Well we can't all just sit here and just let this important occasion go by ... so I am going to pay $100 to the winner of this marvellous challenge! ... that's right ... kudos and dough for a great achievement ... I wonder who can do it?

And remember ... the human race is inefficient and therefore must be destroyed ... that's human life in 2084 for you!

Good luck!

Over to you Mr Hoff and Mr Day ...
    Last edited by OOO; 08-16-2016 at 05:28 AM.
    Thanks 1500points thanked this post
    Likes 1500points liked this post
  4. 08-17-2016, 02:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO
    I am going to pay $100 to the winner of this marvellous challenge!
    Nice offer Paul. Cough, cough...is that AU dollars or US dollars?

A couple of years ago I watched Ken House play this game. It was an amazing demonstration of mastery. Nice work Ken!

Good luck to all involved.

john

Likes Scoundrl liked this post
  5. 08-17-2016, 02:27 PM
    Anyone else got any money they want to donate to me? >:-)
  6. 08-17-2016, 02:31 PM
    Also, do any of you stat guys have the times from David and my games? I'm going to do some testing on difficulty 0 and see how fast I can score but I'm going to bet we can hit 100m in sub 20 hours.
  7. 08-17-2016, 05:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Nice offer Paul. Cough, cough...is that AU dollars or US dollars?

A couple of years ago I watched Ken House play this game. It was an amazing demonstration of mastery. Nice work Ken!
    There is only one currency in this country John, so US dollars it certainly is ... what's this AU dollars stuff?

And John please, when Zookeeper comes up in a future MGL, you are cordially invited to smash the chronometers of the MAME scoreboard as no inps are needed ... just play during the tournament and post a screenshot with your initials! Please no excuses ... this is how you wanted it ... so ... just play!

Now for Robotron, whether it's Abdner, Hoff, Hayes, Jasper or god ... let's see who can join David Gomez and Ken House on that short of air summit ... I am going to guess no one can do it ... let's see!

Oh hang on a second, I see someone who claims they will do it above ... interesting
    ... I'll reply to their post below ...
    Last edited by OOO; 08-17-2016 at 06:04 PM.
  8. 08-17-2016, 06:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoundrl View Post
    Anyone else got any money they want to donate to me? >:-)
    Great stuff Scoundrl ... that would be awesome ... ...
    what's the plan and how will you train for this amazing accomplishment, again?
    Please make sure to post your journey on this thread ... we are all interested ...
    The gaming community would appreciate if you could provide a live stream from your arcade too ...

Do you think David Gomez, Abdner, Hoff or Donald would be interested to have a go?
    How about Dane Tullock, Gregg Hansen or Darrin Cormier?

This may well be the birth of the new Robotronoff ... who will excel and achieve the fastest time to 100 million?
    Last edited by OOO; 08-17-2016 at 06:24 PM.
  9. 08-18-2016, 02:12 AM
    Exciting ! Time to bust out the double joysticks.
    Likes OOO liked this post
  10. 08-18-2016, 04:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Powrie View Post
    Exciting ! Time to bust out the double joysticks.
    Excellent! ... that's 2 ... + ... nice one Powrie!

Anyone else? ...
    Last edited by OOO; 08-18-2016 at 04:34 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Join us