https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1242
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank:
    1 = ON
    2 = OFF
    3 = ON/OFF [Upright/Cocktail]
    4-5 = ON
    6 = UNUSED
    Note: The above Dip Switches are the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    5 Lives
    Bonus Life @ 20,000 Points
    Submission Message
    This isn't a very good score. I know this. But it's all part of the rich tapestry that is my first year of competitive gaming.

Performed at ReplayFX while qualifying for Replay World Championship finals. This was a popular title - long lines and I only got to make two runs, both of which were slop and sacked.

Likes HugDD liked this post
  2. 08-01-2016, 10:50 AM
    hey ben, some questions on verifying settings. I can see from gameplay alone that its limited to 5 guys. Also, the extra life, even if its wrong is irrelevant since you never got the life. I dont know though if other settings affect difficulty?

You mention this was at replayFX, i believe you, i know you were there, but is there a way to prove this to others? More importantly, is there a way to show replayFX used the TG settings and not some other settings?
  3. 08-01-2016, 11:24 AM
    http://replayfx.org/competitions/rep...-championship/

That's the page where you can select the 2016 game list and it shows what settings were used. No I don't have any footage of the inside of the cabinet. No I don't have any statements from Replay that these settings were 100% confirmed.

I can say that this game doesn't have any difficulty settings. I can say that I'm not aware of any latent difficulty changes dependent on the bonus life or starting lives settings.

I'll turn this over to any Frogger experts out there. Please lend your opinions and thank you.
  4. 08-01-2016, 11:26 AM
    Also once ReplayFX gets all the data uploaded to their website, I can link to my player page and you can see that this score was performed at Replay. Yes I suppose it could be some bizarre coincidence where this footage isn't from Replay and I happened to get the exact same score on a different cabinet somewhere else.

At that point, though, I believe the suspicion is unreasonable. I'll link to the tournament results as soon as they're available online.
  5. 08-01-2016, 11:41 AM
    Also, on the outside chance that there was any hostility or aggravation perceived in my responses, that's not the case. I very much appreciate the questions for the sake of TGSAP participants who aren't as familiar with this machine or the event.
  6. 08-01-2016, 11:45 AM
    i'm not trying to make any claims like that. I know some people have submitted at funspot for example and that alone was seen as good enough evidence. I personally think its a slippery slope once we start deciding what arcades do and dont make a cut, but the precedent has already been established. I think once they upload it that'll be sufficient. I also think your video as it --- combined with an expert who can verify the other settings dont matter -- is sufficient. I have to abstain for now, but I'm sure thats just a formality. I have no doubt everything will check out.

By the way, your score is nothing to sneeze at. Everyone thinks frogger is easy because the first level is easy. Once you pass the first level though it starts getting real hard real fast. Nicely done.
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  7. 08-01-2016, 12:38 PM
    No difficulty settings so no problem there. Free play doesn't matter on this title so no problem. Extra life setting doesn't matter since you didn't reach 20k and didn't get one before that, so no problem again. Was this an arcade game, yes it was, it wasn't a 60 in one or mame, so no problem. Dont have to see the dips since we can confirm the amount of lives visually.

Accepting.
    Thanks HugDD, Snowflake, gstrain, bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, spectre liked this post
  8. 08-01-2016, 01:47 PM
    I was about to vote approve, but then realized that the machine has a Free Play hardware kit installed of some kind, and I'm not sure where the community stands right now on approving scores done on machines with High Score / Free Play hardware kits installed on them. Frogger didn't ship with dip switch settings that let you set it to Free Play, but you can see in the button right it says "Free Play". Most likely the machine has the Braze Frogger High Score Kit installed: http://www.brasington.org/arcade/products/hs/frogger/

The dip switches themselves I'm not concerned about since the dip switches on Frogger only control starting lives, coinage, and upright/cocktail. The starting lives are clearly correct from watching the gameplay, and coinage and upright/cocktail doesn't matter IMO (I'm a 200K PB Frogger player).

I'm going to hold off voting until others chime in about use of a High Score/Free Play hardware kit and whether we want to approve those scores.

-George
  9. 08-01-2016, 01:54 PM
    You can also see that a High Score kit is installed if you look at 4:32 of the video. The high score table shows initials for the top 5 scores. Factory Frogger doesn't do that, so there's a High Score kit in the machine.
  10. 08-01-2016, 02:02 PM
    With high score and free play kits I've only had one that had issues with game play. That would be Asteroids, since he changed it to the millions digits the game behaves differently because of it. The big saucers won't come out at each 100k mark as they would in a regular machine. The big saucer is tied to your score and when it is around 0-10k or something the big saucer is able to come out. Since Frogger is only a high score kit and doesn't change or affect the game play it shall have no bearing for me.
    http://www.onecircuit.com/CoinUp has the all in one solution for any and every machine.
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us