Sounds In Attract Mode?: YES
    Restore Factory Default Settings: NO
    Difficulty: 4 - Moderate
    Health Per Coin: 700
    Coins To Start: 1
    Automatic Reset of High Scores Table?: YES
    Disable Speech?: NO
    Reduce Text?: NO
    Special Rules: This is a 1 Player Variation! Continues are not permitted, and if done, will result in the disqualification of your score. This is a 1 Credit game and the Use of any additional credits during gameplay will result in your score being immediately disqualified.
    Submission Message
    Hi all,
    This is my submission for Gauntlet arcade version WR, was recorded on sunday 13 August 2016.
    My appologies for the amount of swearing during the attempt,i got very frustrated at times.
    Game settings shown on screen as the game dosent use dips at the beginning and end of my run.
    there's a brief view of the game board as my camera shut off while filming.
    so ive add photos of the game board.
    i look forward to hopefully a sucessful submission.

thanks for viewing.
    Attached Images Attached Images              
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, tronads liked this post
  2. 08-17-2016, 08:53 PM
    I'll have to block out some time later this week to watch the vids, but congrats on your achievement Mark!

Settings can be clearly seen at 1:01 in first video:
    Name:  gauntlet_settings.jpg
Views: 672
Size:  69.3 KB
  3. 08-17-2016, 11:05 PM
    I'm looking forward to adjudicating this. I'm fascinated by this game and find it incredible that people can score that high when the game is so hard and unforgiving.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Likes MRK, HugDD liked this post
  4. 08-18-2016, 01:03 AM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...ccetped-for-WR

a link to a discussion I started a while back.as I was unsure at the time about revision qualifiers for this track.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 08-18-2016, 01:06 AM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...score-for-real

another thread about marathon-able versions.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 08-18-2016, 01:07 AM
    Thanks Pete look forward to hearing your verdict.
  7. 08-18-2016, 09:13 AM

ACCEPTED BIG VOTE YES
    Awesome Achievement & Excellent Game Play Skills Mark I know it was possible of 10 to 20 million I had a 2 Friends who Could Do it. I am so Glad you did it and Showed it can be done. This is a earlier Release you kept it in good condition.

As you Know there Are 3 Arcade Games Gauntlet, Gauntlet Legends and Gauntlet Dark Legacy all Great Games especially Playing with Friends.

Arcade - Gauntlet - Points [Single Player] Game Starts at 2:50 of the Top Part 1 Video Actual Play Starts at 3:09 of the Top Part 1 Video

Level 6 Great Tactic from 13:32 to 16:52 ALL EXITS are Open wait 180 Seconds or 3 Minutes

Arcade - Gauntlet Game Information of Treasures in the Game
    Destructible Food, Non-Destructible Food,Magic Potion,Increases Armor,Increases Speed, Increases Magic Power, Increases Shot Power, Increases Shot Speed, Increases Fight Power, Keys for Doors, Temporary Invisibility
    You Can See them at 2:33 to 2:49 of the Top Part 1 Video

Arcade - Gauntlet - Points [Single Player] - 5,615,337 - Mark Singleton Final Score is at 5:41:01 to 5:41:46 of the Bottom Part 2 Video Level 312 WOW Game Initials MRK

Arcade - Gauntlet - Points [Single Player] Game Settings Can Be Seen Clearly at 1:01 to 1:19 of the Top Part 1 Video ALL GOOD A OK

Rules
    Reset High Scores Table?: YES
    Sounds In Attract Mode?: YES
    Restore Factory Default Settings: NO
    Difficulty: 4 - Moderate
    Health Per Coin: 700
    Coins To Start: 1
    Automatic Reset of High Scores Table?: YES
    Disable Speech?: NO
    Reduce Text?: NO
    Special Rules: This is a 1 Player Variation! Continues are not permitted, and if done, will result in the disqualification of your score. This is a 1 Credit game and the Use of any additional credits during game play will result in your score being immediately disqualified.
    Thanks MRK, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes MRK, spectre, HugDD liked this post
  8. 08-18-2016, 09:20 AM
    Thanks jtt .
  9. 08-18-2016, 09:34 AM

Arcade - Gauntlet - Points [Single Player] - 5,615,337 - Mark Singleton

He Shows the Hardware, PCB, Game Boards in 6 Captures Pictures

10. 08-18-2016, 09:56 AM

http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Gauntlet/Getting_Started

Gauntlet Basics

• You start with 700 health. Hits from monsters deplete from it. Health also ticks away steadily at 1 per second, which generates an urgency to find food items to replenish your health. However, monster hits are far more damaging, and should take priority.

• Some monsters are scattered throughout the levels, but are mostly created from generators. These generators are your primary concern. You must use a variety of techniques to destroy them without losing too much health.

• Potions are life-saving smart-bomb weapons. Aside from helping by clearing out rooms of enemies, they are the only way to destroy Death.

• Melee attacks generally aren't as powerful as point-blank shots, although there are some niche uses for them. For one, melee has a much wider attack range to the sides of your character, making it a far more reasonable method of fighting your way out when surrounded

• Keep an eye out for the yellow text between levels reading as "Find the Hidden Potion". That means there is an upgrade potion somewhere in the level.

• If you hear a high pitched musical tone (different than the help message music), a Thief has entered the level from the starting point. Try to get ahead to a choke-point, turn around, and keep firing to destroy him. If the Thief touches you, he will steal one of your upgrade potions.

• Don't take too many keys. Potions can be cleared out by usage, but keys can only be used up on doors. Two to four keys is good enough in general.

• Locked doors will open automatically by waiting 16 seconds without taking damage, inflicting damage, or picking something up. It takes 32 if you have any keys in stock. Sometimes this is a good plan, but it can also backfire horribly as the entire level is unleashed upon you.

• Walls will become Exits if you can stall for 180 seconds. In some instances, this may be a better strategy than trying to clear the level. Note that some scoreboards prohibit this practice.

• There is a ranking system in place which diminishes the amount of food that appears as you score more and more points. In general, at 300,000 points, most of the food will be gone.

There are over 20 revisions of Gauntlet Arcade. Most of them have minor differences, bug fixes, or changes to the default level order. They can be divided into 3 groups:

First releases: These versions do not have the "Exit stall trick". They lack the ranking system.
      Second releases: These versions have the "Exit stall trick". They lack the ranking system.
      Final releases: These versions have the "Exit stall trick", and implement the ranking system.

Likes HugDD liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us