This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Dig Dug - Dig Dug [Points [1 Hour]] - 2,467,910 - Ken House

09-01-2016, 10:48 AM
    vzaar-player

Dig Dug [Points [1 Hour]]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=197381
    Rules
    Time starts when the start button is pressed. The score is whatever score is shown at exactly 1 hour. ROM revision 1 (Killscreen ROM) is required for this track. There are 2 noted boardsets, each with different dip switch locations and switches. Revision 1 [Older Board] will be listed first followed by Revision 2 [Newer Board].8 SWITCH DIP [2C/D] [Older Board]1 = OFF2-5 = ON6 = OFF7 = ON8 = OFF8 SWITCH DIP [2C]1-2 = ON3 = OFF4-5 = ON6 = OFF7-8 = ON8 SWITCH DIP [9N] [Newer Board]1 = OFF2-5 = ON6 = OFF7 = ON8 = OFF8 SWITCH DIP [9P]1 = ON2 = OFF3-4 = ON5 = OFF6-8 = ONNote: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;3 LivesExtra Lives: First at 10,000 Second at 40,000 and every 40,000Game Difficulty: B - MediumSpecial Note: While continues are enabled, continues are NOT allowed!
    Submission Message
    Game starts at about 8:08.

Timer used is available at http://www.online-stopwatch.com/

Game boards were not displayed as this was really just a practice run preparing for the Battle of the Arcades. Settings can be verified thru analyzing the video. The different difficulty settings are notably apparent in the time it takes from round start to ghost float after level 32. Extra lives and start live count are also verifiable thru the video.

Thanks for watching!
    -Ken
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Barra, JJT_Defender, smkrogman, Frisoni liked this post
  2. 09-01-2016, 04:10 PM
    Oh man I thought I was gonna see me some dirt digging. All I see is a bunch of rock dropping and popping.
    Likes Scoundrl, Barra, JJT_Defender, datagod liked this post
  3. 09-02-2016, 12:26 AM
    Rollovers (approximately)
    35:35
    58:00

You're one of the masters of course Ken, well played,
    Yes (Accepted)! :) Is this a new personal best one hour run for you? I know you'd done 2,358,380 back in 2013.

-Duc
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 09-02-2016, 11:01 AM
    Wow
    Really impressive use of the rocks!
    Likes JJT_Defender, HugDD liked this post
  5. 09-02-2016, 12:14 PM

Accepted A New 1 Hour Scoring WORLD RECORD on Dig Dug Arcade Classic Ken Congratulations

Now Will Donald Hayes game Initials DBH Respond to This Challenge !!

Incredible Play Ken A Master Dig Dug Player Maximum Bonus & Great use of the Rocks & Excellent Monster Grouping

Special Note: Game Rolls Over at a Million Points

Digital Timer Starts Between 8:08 to 8:09 of the video And Game Starts

Dig Dug [Points [1 Hour]] Actual Game Play Starts at 8:18 of the video

Dig Dug [Points [1 Hour]] Game Settings Begin at 8:08-09 of the video

Rules:also the correct Twin Galaxies Settings for this title and will provide the following settings:

3 Lives
    Can Be Seen at 8:10 of the video 2 In Reserve & 1 Ken is Playing With on Dig Dug

Extra Lives: First at 10,000 Second at 40,000 and every 40,000 Can Be Seen at 8:08-09 of the Video

Game Difficulty: B - Medium

Special Note: While continues are enabled, continues are NOT allowed!

Arcade - Dig Dug - Dig Dug [Points [1 Hour]] - 2,467,910 Final Score is at
    1:08:08 of the Video and Digital Timer Zero's Out

Note: Ken Stopped Playing Dig Dug at 1:08:06 of the Video

Digital Timer Reads: 00:00:03

A Full 3 Seconds Prior Before the Digital Timer Zero's Out or 1 Hour Ends

1st Roll Over a Million Points at 35:37-38 of the video

Score: 1,006,320pts

Digital Timer Reads: 32:30

2nd Roll Over 2 Million Points at 58:01-02 of the video

Score: 2,003,450pts

Digital Timer Reads: 10:07

Final Score Can Be Seen at 1:08:06 of the Video

Digital Timer Reads: 00:00:03

Final Score: 2,679,910pts Done Inside of 1 Hour of Game Play of the Classic Arcade Game Dig Dug

Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  6. 09-02-2016, 12:17 PM
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  7. 09-02-2016, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken
    Game boards were not displayed as this was really just a practice run
    Hi Ken. Do you think it's good form to not show the boards, given you're stance in the Don Dig Dug thread?

Would you have shown the boards if it wasn't a practice run?

How do I know you're not running MAME in that cab?

john

Likes JJT_Defender, L7Productions liked this post
  8. 09-02-2016, 12:45 PM
    I really don't like not seeing the boards, but considering the pedigree I accepted.

My favorite part was towards the end of the video when I felt like I had your whole arcade to myself...
    Likes Scoundrl, JJT_Defender liked this post
  9. 09-02-2016, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Hi Ken. Do you think it's good form to not show the boards, given you're stance in the Don Dig Dug thread?

Would you have shown the boards if it wasn't a practice run?

How do I know you're not running MAME in that cab?

john

I would have shown the boards had I planned to submit this for sure just to be thorough.

Your concerns about it being mame are warranted because I could actually be running mame in a cab with an original crt (I had that setup in my Zookeeper). I am not, but i certainty could be.

My issue with Dons submission was not being able to verify anything from the gameplay because it was not shown. Gameplay is THE most important factor in the WR. If you cannot verify the gameplay there is no way to verify the record.

I would not take offence if you voted no.

-Ken
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  10. 09-02-2016, 03:25 PM
    RulesTime starts when the start button is pressed. The score is whatever score is shown at exactly 1 hour. ROM revision 1 (Killscreen ROM) is required for this track. There are 2 noted boardsets, each with different dip switch locations and switches. Revision 1 [Older Board] will be listed first followed by Revision 2 [Newer Board].8

SWITCH DIP [2C/D] [Older Board]

1 = OFF

2-5 = ON

6 = OFF

7 = ON

8 = OFF

8 SWITCH DIP [2C]

1-2 = ON

3 = OFF

4-5 = ON

6 = OFF

7-8 = ON

8 SWITCH DIP [9N] [Newer Board]

1 = OFF

2-5 = ON

6 = OFF

7 = ON

8 = OFF

8 SWITCH DIP [9P]

1 = ON

2 = OFF

3-4 = ON

5 = OFF

6-8 = ON

Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT Settings,

but are also the Correct Twin Galaxies Settings for this title and will provide the following Setting:

3 Lives

Extra Lives: First at 10,000 Second at 40,000 and every 40,000

Game Difficulty: B - Medium

This is From the Original Dig Dug Arcade Manual
    from This Website Twin Galaxy Members you Can Check and Learn about the Game Verify Dip Switch Setting for the Original Board for Dig Dug

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Join us