Arcade - Donkey Kong - Donkey kong Attract mod World Record Highest score on the attarct mode. Have to be at your cabinet. - 2,600 - Allen Staal

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 11-16-2016, 04:55 AM
    TG allows track creation, the track belongs here. I'll complain if the wording of the track contradicts itself or is impossible to follow for some other reason. I'll have an issue if the track is under the wrong platform. But some people just not liking the track? Sorry, thats not how it works. Besides, allen has already proven with his wall jumps that the dingos criticizing him dont speak for the majority. Guiness, the world at large, and plenty of TG members find allen and his tracks interesting. The complaints here are all purely based in emotion, noone's coming up with a valid rules based reason to reject.
  2. 11-16-2016, 05:06 AM
    Allen, are you able to show a photo of your dip switch settings? I am curious if there are any settings that influence the attract mode. Also can you verify that this is a real DK board, and not mame or 60 in 1?

Other than that, Allen has followed the rules as laid out in the track and provided video evidence of the attempt.

ACCEPTED
    Your friend, datagod
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Thanks JJT_Defender, muscleandfitness thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, muscleandfitness liked this post
  3. 11-16-2016, 05:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    TG allows track creation, the track belongs here. I'll complain if the wording of the track contradicts itself or is impossible to follow for some other reason. I'll have an issue if the track is under the wrong platform. But some people just not liking the track? Sorry, thats not how it works. Besides, allen has already proven with his wall jumps that the dingos criticizing him dont speak for the majority. Guiness, the world at large, and plenty of TG members find allen and his tracks interesting. The complaints here are all purely based in emotion, noone's coming up with a valid rules based reason to reject.
    What about that it doesn't take any skill, or even touching the controls to attain a score for this? The fact that he specifies that you must actually be present when you set the record is a telling point for me. I thought the records here required actually playing the games, no? The wall jumps or riviots records are both stupid, but they do require actual interaction with the game/cabinet. In this case, the "player" does nothing but sit and wait for the rng to do the work for him. Does the submission match the rules? I suppose so, since there aren't really any. The "rules" are actually a link to a dead video. No dip switch settings, which romset can be used, nothing. How could this be a level playing field? Maybe it really is time to have some controls on the tracks created.
    Love ya Allen, but come off the turf!
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  4. 11-16-2016, 05:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timhett View Post
    What about that it doesn't take any skill, or even touching the controls to attain a score for this? The fact that he specifies that you must actually be present when you set the record is a telling point for me. I thought the records here required actually playing the games, no? The wall jumps or riviots records are both stupid, but they do require actual interaction with the game/cabinet. In this case, the "player" does nothing but sit and wait for the rng to do the work for him. Does the submission match the rules? I suppose so, since there aren't really any. The "rules" are actually a link to a dead video. No dip switch settings, which romset can be used, nothing. How could this be a level playing field? Maybe it really is time to have some controls on the tracks created.
    Love ya Allen, but come off the turf!
    Show me anywhere where jace said track creation must be a game that invovles skill? The only rules are no duplicate tracks, and no offensive titles. As adjudicators, we make sure the rules were followed based on what we beileve to be valid evidecne, we do not however create the rules themselves, jace does. Now if anyone can show me i'm wrong, if anyone can show Jace said such a track isnt acceptable, then fine i'll reject. But based on all the SOTG where he talked about it, this fits.

Besides, we're talking about DONKEY KONG, lets not start going down the rabbit hole where we argue the skill a game takes.
  5. 11-16-2016, 05:12 AM
    What a great week it has been. First Trump defeats the globalists, then this.

Congratulations Allen Staal.
  6. 11-16-2016, 05:13 AM
    I know both of you are all for peoples rights, which is cool. But, he sat in a chair..and watched. You're taking the SJW thing a bit far fighting for this "track".
    Thanks timhett, JJT_Defender, DadsGlasses thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, muscleandfitness liked this post
  7. 11-16-2016, 05:27 AM
    Justice is justice. Truth is truth. SJW has negative connotations. The track might be silly in your eyes, but it is certainly entertaining. Is that not what video games were meant for? Entertainment?
  8. 11-16-2016, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    I know both of you are all for peoples rights, which is cool. But, he sat in a chair..and watched. You're taking the SJW thing a bit far fighting for this "track".
    Bro, datagod is the furthest thing from a SJW, and though I sometimes agree with the SJWs i'm really not someone they like. This is a matter of me being a rules nazi. And the rules allow it.
    Thanks datagod, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes datagod, JJT_Defender liked this post
  9. 11-16-2016, 05:40 AM
    I'm going to be pedantic.

There is no equivalent of a coin drop & 1P start that has been defined or can be assumed based on the rules.
    There is no equivalent of a game over event that has been defined or can be assumed based on the rules.

We've all seen barrel jumps awarded no points - there is no way to confirm that 100 points would have been awarded for each barrel jump. Even playing along with farcical the theme of this track, the only "confirmed points" you could claim were those collected by the barrel. That alone warrants a reject of this submission.

Finally, Allen did not accumulate 2600 points... Donkey Kong did not accumulate 2600 points... because no points are accumulated during attract mode. And it has not been defined in the rules how points should be counted in this track. So now let's be "rules *****"

There is nothing noble about any of this.
  10. 11-16-2016, 05:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by terencew View Post
    ...the only "confirmed points" you could claim were those collected by the hammer
    Aarrgghh! Proof-read much?!
    Likes muscleandfitness, HugDD liked this post
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Join us