Xbox ONE - Atari Flashback Classics vol. 2 - Sprint [Points] - 208 - Angela Stefanski

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Xbox ONE - Atari Flashback Classics vol. 2 - Sprint [Points] - 208 - Angela Stefanski

11-16-2016, 09:25 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Sprint [Points]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=205660
    Rules

Game settings must be the default - the menu option "(X) Default" must not be shown when viewing game settings. In-game level warps may be used.

Submission Message
    Settings 0:17. Attempt starts 0:30. Ends 3:01.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks JJT_Defender, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, HugDD liked this post
  2. 11-17-2016, 09:09 AM
    The name of this game is actually Sprint 2. You can clearly see this on the game options screen so the title to this track should be edited if possible. Where this gets confusing is that you can also clearly see on the Game Options screen that one of the settings is "Change Tracks Every 2 Laps". But Sprint 2 doesn't ever change tracks and you can see from the gameplay that the track never changes. You pick which track you want to race on and you stay on that track for the entire game. Sprint 1 does have this feature though which makes the game much harder. To verify what I'm saying you can go to MAME and check out the DIP options for both of those games. Sprint 1 is also a single player game while Sprint 2 is a two player game. The picture on the game options menu is Sprint 2. See here for more info on Sprint 2 http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=9739 and here for more info on Sprint 1 http://www.arcade-museum.com/game_de...p?game_id=9738. Here's another interesting bit of info on the games. "Sprint 1 was released two years after Sprint 2 and both games have the same type of play. The "1" and "2" designations have nothing to do with a prequel/sequel status, but merely reflect the number of players required for each game." Required probably isn't the right word though as Sprint 2 can be a single player game.

I will vote accept once the title to the track has been edited. It's not the gamers fault that there's a game option that shouldn't be there and doesn't work. But I do think this should be titled Sprint 2. Nice score.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
    Thanks HugDD, JJT_Defender, GibGirl thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 11-17-2016, 12:00 PM

4. 11-17-2016, 12:17 PM

Accepted
    Sprint 2 Game Starts at :56 of the video

Sprint 2 Game Settings Begin at :18-25 of the video

Xbox ONE - Atari Flashback Classics vol. 2 - Sprint 2 [Points] - 208 Final Score is at 3:02-13 of the video Top Right Corner

5. 11-17-2016, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    The name of this game is actually Sprint 2. You can clearly see this on the game options screen so the title to this track should be edited if possible.
    Valid point, I don't disagree.

So how would I get the track name changed?
  6. 11-17-2016, 01:23 PM

To Get it changed PM Private Message Franny the Twin Galaxy Compter WIZ

Xbox ONE - Atari Flashback Classics vol. 2 - Sprint [Points] - 208 - Angela Stefanski

Thanks GibGirl thanked this post
    Likes GibGirl liked this post
  7. 11-17-2016, 02:08 PM
    Thanks, guys - the track name has been fixed.
  8. 11-17-2016, 02:48 PM
    Looks good. This submission is in stealth mode now

Accepted!
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  9. 11-17-2016, 10:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    Where this gets confusing is that you can also clearly see on the Game Options screen that one of the settings is "Change Tracks Every 2 Laps". But Sprint 2 doesn't ever change tracks and you can see from the gameplay that the track never changes. You pick which track you want to race on and you stay on that track for the entire game.
    I looked up the dip switches for the game, did some testing, and looks like that's actually the one that determines if the tracks change in attract mode or stay on the easy one. No idea how they totally got that one wrong in the game settings here.
  10. 11-17-2016, 11:22 PM

The submitted attempt actually begins at 0:58

Thanks HugDD, GibGirl thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, GibGirl liked this post
Join us