Nintendo Wii - Super Mario Galaxy - Surfing 101 - Fastest Time - 58.013 - Robbie Prieto

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Wii - Super Mario Galaxy - Surfing 101 - Fastest Time - 58.013 - Robbie Prieto

12-02-2016, 07:06 AM
    vzaar-player

Surfing 101 - Fastest Time
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=31551
    Rules
    You may use any save file to gain access to the race.
    You may not recieve any asistance from player two or your attempt will be disqualified.
    Submission Message
    My first Twin Galaxies submission, so I decided to go for a record on my favorite game.
  2. 12-02-2016, 07:17 AM
    Had a typo - I think the time on the submission should read 58.130 not 58.013.
  3. 12-02-2016, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedirb View Post
    Had a typo - I think the time on the submission should read 58.130 not 58.013.
    Hi Robbie,
    That gets alot of people. You're not entering fractions of a second, you're entering milliseconds. If you entered "13" for milliseconds, then it will display as 58.013 since thats 58 seconds and 13 milliseconds. if you meant 130 milliseconds you had to actually enter the full 130.

Unfortunately, the time cannot be edited. So the time you intially submitted must be accepted or rejected. I havent watched myself or timed myself, but if what you say is true, this would need to be rejected. You can of course resubmit though.
  4. 12-02-2016, 08:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    Hi Robbie,
    That gets alot of people. You're not entering fractions of a second, you're entering milliseconds. If you entered "13" for milliseconds, then it will display as 58.013 since thats 58 seconds and 13 milliseconds. if you meant 130 milliseconds you had to actually enter the full 130.
    Thank you! Still trying to figure this out :-)
    The end time the Wii gave me was written as 00:58:13 - so I'm not sure if I entered it correctly after all, or if I do have an error...
    Your additional thoughts are much appreciated - fun to be a part of this!
  5. 12-02-2016, 08:34 AM
    yeah, 58:13 is the same as 58.13 is the same as 58.130. 130 milliseconds. @starcrytas though knows more about the newer nintendo games than i do (I focus on stuff from the 80s). His answer would mean more than mine.
  6. 12-02-2016, 08:37 AM
    yeah, 58:13 is the same as 58.13 is the same as 58.130. 130 milliseconds. @starcrytas though knows more about the newer nintendo games than i do (I focus on stuff from the 80s). His answer would mean more than mine.
    Thank you :-)
    I see that there's a way to Cancel my submission - would that be the best thing to do if the way I entered it is incorrect?
  7. 12-02-2016, 08:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedirb View Post
    I see that there's a way to Cancel my submission - would that be the best thing to do if the way I entered it is incorrect?
    I'm like 99% sure I'm right, but just in case there's something weird about this game in particular where your score is fine i'd wait for at least on other persons answer.

Cancelling is entirely up to you. Cancelling basically stops any new people from voting and guarantees you're score will be thrown out. It helps other users when you cancel, since if we know its gonna be thrown out we dont have to waste our time on it. You're not required to cancel though if you dont want to. Entirely your choice. And like i say, I know the time entry field is messed up and has hurt alot of people, but on that 1 in a 1,000,000 chance where this is the one game where you were supposed to enter the score that way I really dont want to tell you to cancel just yet. I'm just trying to get some info and hope that @starcrytas or @Barthax can give you a definite answer
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  8. 12-02-2016, 08:49 AM
    I'm like 99% sure I'm right, but just in case there's something weird about this game in particular where your score is fine i'd wait for at least on other persons answer.
    Thanks very much for your time on this - I agree that you're probably right :-) and will wait on someone else to chime in to be sure, as you suggested. Then I'll definitely cancel if I was wrong the way I entered it, so no one wastes their time watching. Then will try again, with the time field done correctly :-)
  9. 12-02-2016, 09:11 AM
    I have not played this game before, but everything looks legit.
    Boot up, disc, and console shown add evidence.

The time looks like it is supposed to be 58.13 seconds.
    When entering the milliseconds on the submission page, enter the milliseconds as 130 (note the 0 at the end).
    I've had the error happen to me before, so I speak from experience.

It's up to you whether or not to cancel the submission.
    I'll accept a resubmission with the correct time entered.
  10. 12-02-2016, 09:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by starcrytas View Post
    I have not played this game before, but everything looks legit.
    Boot up, disc, and console shown add evidence.

The time looks like it is supposed to be 58.13 seconds.
    When entering the milliseconds on the submission page, enter the milliseconds as 130 (note the 0 at the end).
    I've had the error happen to me before, so I speak from experience.

It's up to you whether or not to cancel the submission.
    I'll accept a resubmission with the correct time entered.
    I will do a resubmission once I have enough submission points to be able to upload (hopefully soon!). If I cancel this one, is there any penalty? I've been trying to search the site for that info but haven't come across the answer yet :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us