Xbox 360 - Burnout Revenge - PAL - Burning Lap - Sunshine Keys - Forward [Fastest Lap] - 01:21.56 - john brissie

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Xbox 360 - Burnout Revenge - PAL - Burning Lap - Sunshine Keys - Forward [Fastest Lap] - 01:21.56 - john brissie

12-07-2016, 10:17 PM
    vzaar-player

PAL - Burning Lap - Sunshine Keys - Forward [Fastest Lap]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=46210
    Rules
    You may use any vehicle.
    Submission Message
    Hi Gamers,
    Here is the video for my attempt at an inaugural record for the fastest lap on the Sunshine Keys Forward track. The game and machine are at the beginning and the options start at 3:14. The record attempt is the 2nd lap and begins at 6:00. Since this is the first submission for me with my PAL setup I hope everyone asks any questions about the setup that might be unclear or about any important information that I left out. I do have a video of some of the hardware and will post it somewhere if requested. I didn't think very many people would care about the details so I am leaving it out of the submission. I show that the TV is PAL 50 and PAL 60 compliant, the xbox 360 is the PAL version and the game is PAL. I think that is enough evidence to support it is a complete PAL submission.

Thanks for watching and voting.
    Name:  john-brissie-xbox360-pal-burnoutrevenge-lap-sunshinekeysfwd-1-12156.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  257.2 KB

Name:  john-brissie-xbox360-pal-burnoutrevenge-lap-sunshinekeysfwd-2-12156.jpg
Views: 111
Size:  97.6 KB

Name:  john-brissie-xbox360-pal-burnoutrevenge-lap-sunshinekeysfwd-5-12156.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  125.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  2. 12-09-2016, 01:59 PM
    Great stuff! Nailed the 50Hz confirmation: which is far more important than the game or console being PAL region. I'm sure "regular viewers" will be tired of me explaining this but the "NTSC" and "PAL" split was done to separate the speed differences in the TV signal types - namely 60Hz and 50Hz refresh rates - not the colour-encoding type after regions become known for or are marketed as. Brazil is a PAL colour country but uses PAL-M: it has the same speed and refresh rate as American and Japan and is 60Hz and tracked as NTSC. You amply show the PAL Xbox 360 is natively capable of 60Hz (TG NTSC) and confirm you're using the 50Hz setting required of the TG PAL prefix. Accepted. :)
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  3. 12-09-2016, 02:21 PM

Accepted

PAL - Burning Lap - Sunshine Keys - Forward Run Starts at 6:08 of the video

PAL - Burning Lap - Sunshine Keys - Forward Game Settings Begin at 3:14-21 of the video

PAL 50 Hz The Game Dics & Xbox 360 System Can Be Verified at :10-16 & at :42-46 of the video Also, in John Reply #1 you Can See the Capture Picture of Both.

Xbox 360 - Burnout Revenge - PAL - Burning Lap - Sunshine Keys - Forward [Fastest Lap] - 01:21.56 Final Time is at 7:39 of the video

4. 12-09-2016, 05:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Great stuff! Nailed the 50Hz confirmation: which is far more important than the game or console being PAL region. I'm sure "regular viewers" will be tired of me explaining this but the "NTSC" and "PAL" split was done to separate the speed differences in the TV signal types - namely 60Hz and 50Hz refresh rates - not the colour-encoding type after regions become known for or are marketed as. Brazil is a PAL colour country but uses PAL-M: it has the same speed and refresh rate as American and Japan and is 60Hz and tracked as NTSC. You amply show the PAL Xbox 360 is natively capable of 60Hz (TG NTSC) and confirm you're using the 50Hz setting required of the TG PAL prefix. Accepted. :)
    Thank you Andrew. I really appreciate your expertise in the matter and verifying my PAL setup. I didn't know about the color encoding vs refresh rate difference. That brings up a lot more interesting questions for discussion. We should probably start a PAL vs NTSC topic if there isn't one.
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  5. 12-10-2016, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    Thank you Andrew. I really appreciate your expertise in the matter and verifying my PAL setup. I didn't know about the color encoding vs refresh rate difference. That brings up a lot more interesting questions for discussion. We should probably start a PAL vs NTSC topic if there isn't one.
    There's been a few over the years. :) Adding to the 60Hz/50Hz divide is the fact it was split before HD availability could be considered - NTSC and PAL are, after all, Standard Definition refresh rates and have no impact on HD capabilities. Most HD-capable devices (Xbox 360 included) are capable of 50Hz and 60Hz.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
Join us