Arcade - Street Fighter II': Champion Edition - Points [Tournament Settings] - 1,161,900 - Chris Gleed

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Street Fighter II': Champion Edition - Points [Tournament Settings] - 1,161,900 - Chris Gleed

12-30-2016, 11:07 PM
    vzaar-player

Points [Tournament Settings]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=282
    Rules
    Dip Switch A:
    1-7 = OFF
    8 = OFF/UNUSED
    Dip Switch B:
    1-3 = ON
    4-8 = OFF/UNUSED
    Dip Switch C:
    1-8 = OFF
    Note: The above Dip Switches, when properly designated, will give the following Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings, used for this title;
    Difficulty: 7
    Continues: Off
    Special Rules: You may freely choose any available character. Continues are not allowed!
    Submission Message
    :18 hardware verification
    1:28 game power cycled, followed by settings menu
    2:35 start of submitted score run
    29:34 final score
    32:02 hi score table

Thanks for looking!
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 12-31-2016, 04:34 PM
    Thanks YesAffinity thanked this post
    Likes YesAffinity liked this post
  3. 12-31-2016, 05:06 PM
  4. 12-31-2016, 05:26 PM
    Nice, I was wondering when you were going to get a CE board and take down that score!

Gameplay/settings look great, as always...if you don't mind sharing, what kind of camera are you recording with? Quality looks nice and zooms really well, too.

Voting Yes, Happy new years!
  5. 12-31-2016, 05:31 PM

Accepted Congratulations Chris a New World Record if you got the Perfect even higher just Missed it EXCELLENT Play CHRIS

Arcade - Street Fighter II': Champion Edition Fight Starts at 2:43 of the video

Arcade - Street Fighter II': Champion Edition Hardware Verification is at :17 to 1:04 of the video

RULES ALL GOOD A OK MEETS ALL SPECIFICATIONS
    Tournament Settings, used for this title;
    Difficulty: 7
    Continues: Off

Arcade - Street Fighter II': Champion Edition Game Settings->Dip Switch Read Out CAN BE SEEN from 1:49 to 2:15 of the video

Rules

Dip Switch A:
    1-7 = OFF
    8 = OFF/UNUSED
    Dip Switch B:
    1-3 = ON
    4-8 = OFF/UNUSED
    Dip Switch C:
    1-8 = OFF

Arcade - Street Fighter II': Champion Edition - Points [Tournament Settings] - 1,161,900 Final Score is at 29:33-37 of the video

6. 01-01-2017, 07:36 AM
    Nice job Chris.

You're going to hold the World Record for World's Largest Street Fighter Collector soon, lol.

-James
  7. 01-01-2017, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA HAN View Post
    Nice, I was wondering when you were going to get a CE board and take down that score!

Gameplay/settings look great, as always...if you don't mind sharing, what kind of camera are you recording with? Quality looks nice and zooms really well, too.

Voting Yes, Happy new years!
    Thank you, Pete. Happy New Year!

I use my Samsung S5 phone's camera. It sometimes doesn't handle darker environments as well, but seemed to do pretty good for this recording. If you look at most of my SF4 series submissions, the recordings it takes from the plasma that I did those runs on are too bright. Maybe it's the difference between the screens, but either way it works good enough without having to spend extra money just to record.

I think the quality of this video was also helped by re-capping the video chassis in my big blue. The image is brighter and colors are much crisper now than I think it ever has been as long as I've owned the cab. :)

^Thanks NMJ!
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Thanks HAN thanked this post
    Likes HAN liked this post
  8. 01-01-2017, 04:53 PM
    OK, maybe I missed an explanation in the audio, since I had it off when looking things over, but I see that switch 3 for dip C is shown as ON in the game settings, yet the rules indicate it should be OFF.

(See at time 2:04)
  9. 01-01-2017, 09:23 PM
    GibGirl's actually right, Switch 3 on Dip C is ON.

Exactly in the Dip settings menu in the video, if you look on Dip C's settings, the 3rd switch says "ON" from left to right.

And this breaks the Twin Galaxies Ruleset...

Yeah, I know, I don't know if the 3rd Dip on C really does anything, but it's on. So, currently rejecting.
  10. 01-02-2017, 11:55 AM
    Dip 3 is for free play. Plenty of submissions accepted in the recent past, with free play on, in contradiction to the rules for the dip switch settings requirements of the track. It is generally accepted that if the game's AI doesn't use RNG, then setting to free play or setting to require credit input, has no affect on the gameplay. Street Fighter series games do not employ RNG for the AI.

Nonetheless, we all know how these things go once someone casts a shadow of a doubt, so here is a re-performance with dips set exactly per the track, and a slightly improved final score:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...00-Chris-Gleed
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Thanks GibGirl, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes HAN, JJT_Defender, spectre liked this post
Join us