12-29-2016, 09:35 PM
    vzaar-player

Points [Single Player Only]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=109149
    Rules
    99 Second Timer
    Jumper Wire on Unmarked Post
    Special Rules: With the Wire on the Unmarked post, the game will run a Real Time speed of 1:45 [1 Minute, 45 seconds]. This is a Single Player ONLY variation!
    The timer running out MUST be witnessed by an official and the score noted at that time.
    Submission Message
    It was a passing by game, I probably put up 2 34's already tonight. Thanx for watching, I love this game.
  2. 12-30-2016, 02:14 AM
    Hmmmm.

Good luck!

john

3. 12-30-2016, 06:46 AM
    Hmm. Hmmm..

You should record gameplay, bad attempts and all....Just let the camera roll until you beat it. A steadier, longer view inside the cabinet would be helpful, too.
  4. 12-30-2016, 06:51 AM
    Hello and welcome to Twin Galaxies!
    I'm sorry, I can't accept this submission. You have verified the cabinet, which seems totally real and legit. However, we do not see your gameplay. We can't be sure how the score on the screen was achieved, or even who did it. For future submissions, please record the entirety if your game, as well as the cabinet and settings. I generally record all of my games, you never know which one will be a new personal best or world record! Good luck, look forward to seeing more from you.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  5. 12-30-2016, 09:14 AM

Arcade - Death Race - Points [Single Player Only] - 37 - Seth Young

Death Race (1976 video game)

Death Race, is a controversial arcade game, released by Exidy in the United States in 1976. Approximately 500 copies of the game were made. The game is inspired by the 1975 cult film Death Race 2000. It continued Exidy's series of chase and crash games, following Destruction Derby from 1975.[1]

Overview

An upright cabinet

In the game, one or two players control an on-screen car with a steering wheel and an acceleration pedal. The object is to run down "gremlins" who are fleeing the vehicle. As the player hits them, they scream or squeal and are replaced on-screen by tombstones. This increases the challenge of the game as the screen clutters up and the player has to avoid the tombstones.[2] The game was designed by Howell Ivy.
    The cabinet is black with white graphics of a muscle car racing through a cemetery with a vulture in a tree looking on. The marquee and monitor bezel are colorful. A limited number had white sides with the artwork in black, instead of the reverse. It was in an upright standard style.[3] GameSpot writes, "Web lore claims only 500 copies of the game were made with only several known to exist by the late 1980s."[4]

Controversy

Although the graphics are primitive and monochrome, the "gremlins" resemble stick figures, and the game's working title had been Pedestrian. In spite of Exidy president Pete Kaufman's denial that the intent of the game was to promote violence, Death Race provoked media criticism.[4] The National Safety Council called it "gross".[5] The CBS news program 60 Minutes broadcast an investigation into the psychological impact of video games,[4] and the game was covered on NBC's Weekend news show,[6] and in the National Enquirer.[4] Death Race is rated on several "most controversial video game" lists.[citation need

Death Race

Arcade flyer of Death Race.

Developer(s)
    Exidy
    Publisher(s)
    Exidy
    Platform(s)
    Arcade
    Release date(s)
    Genre(s)
    Vehicular combat
    Mode(s)
    2 player simultaneous
    Display
    Black and white 25" raster
  6. 12-30-2016, 09:32 AM
  7. 12-30-2016, 09:34 AM
  8. 12-30-2016, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by timhett View Post
    Hello and welcome to Twin Galaxies!
    I'm sorry, I can't accept this submission. You have verified the cabinet, which seems totally real and legit. However, we do not see your gameplay. We can't be sure how the score on the screen was achieved, or even who did it. For future submissions, please record the entirety if your game, as well as the cabinet and settings. I generally record all of my games, you never know which one will be a new personal best or world record! Good luck, look forward to seeing more from you.
    Thanx for the advice, I will keep at it. I was just too geeked ATM, I can do it again.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, RaGe, JJT_Defender, HAN, Muerto liked this post
  9. 12-30-2016, 02:05 PM

Seth You do not have a Video Game Play Which is a Requirement by Twin Galaxy Rules

Seth this is a Reject from Me JJT Johnny Just Cancel to save yourself 3 Submission Points
    Here are the Basic Requirements for a Video Game Submission:

1.You Need a Video of your Arcade Game Play of Death Race. With Good View for your Fellow Twin Galaxy Members who will Adjudicate your Video Game Submission. A tip Before You Submit Go Over the Video for any Flaws or Mistakes, Blurry, Out of Focus etc.

2.Show the Arcade Game Difficulty Settings Either by during the Game Setup Diagnostics or Showing the Dip Switches on Video Also, a Capture Picture

But on the Arcade Game Death Race you Have Show the
    the the Jumper Connection on the Board in Reply #10

The Rate at which the Counter Counts Down will Vary depending on the Location of the JUMPER WIRE. Three Options are Available for SHORT, MEDIUM, and LONG Game Time. These are Selected by the JUMPER WIRE on the Appropriate TERMINAL POST. The POST Nomenclatures and Approximate Times are Listed Below:

POST 1 = 1 Minute 20 Seconds Unmarked
    POST = 1 Minute 45 Seconds
    POST 2 = 2 Minutes 15 Seconds

3. Must Check the Arcade Game Cabinet that it is a Real Arcade Hardware inside that it is not Running a Emulator.

4.Show the Start Time of Game & tell us Twin Galaxy Members when your Record Attempts Starts. 5. Show the Final Score or Time

Arcade - Death Race - Points [Single Player Only] - 37 - Seth Young

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us