Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 38.256 - David Jr.

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 38.256 - David Jr.

01-13-2017, 08:05 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=203185
    Rules

Time Attack, options: Level = Normal (default), all other options are gamer's choice. Lap time taken from the Result screen. No pausing, no cheat codes, no continues. You may only use the car type (stock, formula, prototype) that is specified in the game title, any transmission and any number of laps.

Submission Message
    I played this on real hardware, Sega Genesis with the 32X Attachment. I was using a Sega Genesis 6 Button Controller. The video was captured using a StarTech USB2.0 Capture Device and running from thru a REI Premium PAL/NTSC HDMI Converter XD-1090.
  2. 01-13-2017, 08:10 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sega Genesis 32X.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	22646
    I almost forgot to submit the Sega Genesis + 32X.
  3. 01-14-2017, 05:26 AM
    fastest lap starts at 2.50.
    "To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time."
    - Leonard Bernstein
    Thanks Cyriss_Zeal thanked this post
  4. 01-14-2017, 07:37 AM
    There are a few things I want to address about your submission. It's preferred to start recording, then show the console and cart, then power up. You did show the console and cart at the end though, and I don't know of any enhancement cheat codes that affect the actual racing for this game (only mirrored tracks and camera angle codes), so this shouldn't be an issue. The rules call for "Time Attack" mode, but you played it on "Virtua Racing" mode. It's debatable whether that's an issue, or not. Lastly, the rules call for "Normal" level. It's the default setting, but since your recording started with the game already started, it can't be verified that's what was used. If you had powered up onscreen, then this could have been overlooked, since it's default. John and I (the other submitters for this track) show the options screen before we start racing anyway. It doesn't hurt, and it makes it crystal clear for adjudicators.
    @jmb what are your thoughts?
    Likes Cyriss_Zeal liked this post
  5. 01-14-2017, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    There are a few things I want to address about your submission. It's preferred to start recording, then show the console and cart, then power up. You did show the console and cart at the end though, and I don't know of any enhancement cheat codes that affect the actual racing for this game (only mirrored tracks and camera angle codes), so this shouldn't be an issue. The rules call for "Time Attack" mode, but you played it on "Virtua Racing" mode. It's debatable whether that's an issue, or not. Lastly, the rules call for "Normal" level. It's the default setting, but since your recording started with the game already started, it can't be verified that's what was used. If you had powered up onscreen, then this could have been overlooked, since it's default. John and I (the other submitters for this track) show the options screen before we start racing anyway. It doesn't hurt, and it makes it crystal clear for adjudicators.
    @jmb what are your thoughts?
    I agree 100% with you Terence. If the speed could be seen in the video then there's a chance someone could check the options and make sure that matches with the correct level. From what I can see I can't tell what options were used. I never did any time comparisons between the race and time attack modes so that would need to be verified as well.

David, you certainly know this game, that's a great lap time. If this doesn't go through as accepted I hope you will record what the rules call for in one continuous video and submit again. Once you have an idea about a record it's important to check the rules on TG and also try to follow the guidelines as much as you are able to.

I can't find all of the proof needed to verify the rules were followed.

Likes Cyriss_Zeal, nads liked this post
  6. 01-14-2017, 09:43 AM
    Yeah this sounds completely reasonable, and thank you for the contributions on what would be needed in the case that it doesn't get accepted. I appreciate that you took time to view it along with the well thought out comments and will be sure to adhere much more strictly soon. Thank you!

- Cyriss_Zeal
    Likes RaGeNyC, nads liked this post
  7. 01-14-2017, 11:12 AM
    Cyriss, Must agree with what others have already stated. The options page/ or boot start up is a must
    for proof of difficulty level settings.

Hope you re-record and go at it again. You will find plenty of honest and hardcore competition on these tracks.
    Otherwise, welcome aboard!
    Likes Cyriss_Zeal, nads liked this post
  8. 01-14-2017, 11:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriss_Zeal View Post
    Yeah this sounds completely reasonable, and thank you for the contributions on what would be needed in the case that it doesn't get accepted. I appreciate that you took time to view it along with the well thought out comments and will be sure to adhere much more strictly soon. Thank you!

- Cyriss_Zeal
    You never know how people will react to criticism of their submissions. I delayed, hoping John would reply and be the "bad guy"...lol But you took it like a pro

On a side note, I played my submission back and noticed I played on automatic transmission. I had re-played all the tracks on manual, so I must have forgotten to upload some. I can't even upload them now, since the PC they were stored on died unexpectedly last month. I'm done with the game now though, so whatever is up there, is what I'm sticking with.. Go get 'em!
  9. 01-14-2017, 12:23 PM
    Thank you! I love the game and hope that more people will try. Also, I hope that when someone else reads this thread it could help them to submit properly. As far as I'm concerned this is all part of the experience that the website can provide.
    Likes RaGeNyC, nads liked this post
  10. 01-14-2017, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    .... I'm done with the game now though .......
    Well that's interesting. You're not bringing it out of the closet for another go?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us