Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 38.359 - David Jr.

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Sega 32X - Virtua Racing Deluxe - NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula - 38.359 - David Jr.

01-20-2017, 04:12 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Big Forest - Fastest Lap - Formula
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=203185
    Rules

Time Attack, options: Level = Normal (default), all other options are gamer's choice. Lap time taken from the Result screen. No pausing, no cheat codes, no continues. You may only use the car type (stock, formula, prototype) that is specified in the game title, any transmission and any number of laps.

Submission Message
    Video was created on January 15th 2017. I needed to get some submission points before I could upload it. Genesis + 32X start-up at 41 seconds. Laps start at 2 minutes and 40 seconds. Fastest lap begins at 13 minutes and 46 seconds and completes at 14 minutes and 24 seconds. Results shown at 15 minutes and 58 seconds. As always, thank you for watching!Name:  Sega Genesis 32X.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  60.7 KBName:  Virtua Racing Deluxe.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  106.0 KBName:  StarTech USB2.0 Capture Device.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  53.8 KBName:  REI Video Converter.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  61.3 KB
    Thanks JJT_Defender, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, HugDD liked this post
  2. 01-20-2017, 05:39 PM
    Great two laps, congrats. Accepted. Good thing you kept going to the end and got a better lap. FYI it is allowed to pause to the menu and quit the run. It will still bring up all of the completed laps on the results screen. Good submission.

I have 2 questions for you. What do you think was causing the video/color drop out towards the ending half? You made a comment when it started happening.

You said you were going to perform 32x maintenance, just curious as to what that entails.

John
    Thanks Cyriss_Zeal thanked this post
    Likes Cyriss_Zeal liked this post
  3. 01-20-2017, 05:56 PM
    Great submission package and great lap.

Accepted...Welcome to the scoreboard!
    Thanks Cyriss_Zeal thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, Cyriss_Zeal liked this post
  4. 01-20-2017, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    You said you were going to perform 32x maintenance, just curious as to what that entails.
    Possibly the ribbon cleaning that I talked about in my blog post a few months back.
    Likes Cyriss_Zeal, HugDD liked this post
  5. 01-20-2017, 05:59 PM
    Well, the 32X units themselves are old enough to need what they call a recap. The capacitors will go bad and begin to leak and it can cause the 32X to stop working, it's giving me warning signs now. It could be faulty video and sound in the beginning. You must replace the capacitors inside of the 32X or run the risk of damaging the circuit board due to leaking capacitors that will cause corrosion. This can happen to any electronic product that uses capacitors. Japanese capacitors are highly regarded as being the best, and a ***** capacitor could cripple your system until it is replaced. They actually sell kits online and I had bought one to do the job myself but the process sounds tricky.

This is the kit I mentioned - https://console5.com/store/sega-32x-cap-kit.html
    Thanks jmb, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes RaGeNyC, nads, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 01-20-2017, 06:01 PM
    Also, thank you very much!
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  7. 01-20-2017, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    Possibly the ribbon cleaning that I talked about in my blog post a few months back.
    Thanks Terence, I just read it. Good to know.
    Likes RaGeNyC, HugDD liked this post
  8. 01-20-2017, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyriss_Zeal View Post
    Well, the 32X units themselves are old enough to need what they call a recap. The capacitors will go bad and begin to leak and it can cause the 32X to stop working, it's giving me warning signs now. It could be faulty video and sound in the beginning. You must replace the capacitors inside of the 32X or run the risk of damaging the circuit board due to leaking capacitors that will cause corrosion. This can happen to any electronic product that uses capacitors. Japanese capacitors are highly regarded as being the best, and a ***** capacitor could cripple your system until it is replaced. They actually sell kits online and I had bought one to do the job myself but the process sounds tricky.

This is the kit I mentioned - https://console5.com/store/sega-32x-cap-kit.html
    Thanks, appreciate the info. I know about the capacitor problems with other systems but haven't heard of it yet with the 32x. I have a game gear apart on my kitchen counter ready to solder but never have the ambition.
  9. 01-20-2017, 06:17 PM
    Yes, I completely understand. I have a problem with "what if" also, what if I fried my 32X during the repair. For the proper job they recommend to remove the solder from the old caps and solder the new ones into place. I bought the tools and just never tried it as of this post.
  10. 01-20-2017, 11:16 PM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=203185

The submitted run is lap 18, which starts around the 13:43 mark. Congrats David, great racing, Happy New Year, Yes (Accepted)! :) -Duc
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us