Film inside one, multiple submissions from different players.

  1. 01-24-2017, 12:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    Man, that's what kills fun with arcade gaming though. Thats why mgl is so cool, we play and it's trust and it's met.
    I know what you are saying, but Arcade really is the holy grail and I do understand and agree with a lot of the hoops that need to be jumped through.

    Arcade can mean a significant investment if you are buying a machine for yourself, and you want to know that everyone is playing on a 100% level playing field.
  2. 01-24-2017, 01:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnWorstEnemy View Post
    I'm not an arcade adjudicator or submitter but I'll offer a suggestion that may help facilitate the filming the inside of the arcade cabinet. Film the inside as you normally would to authenticate the correct board and dip switch settings. Once clearly filmed, place a breakable seal on door / entry to the machine with handwritten date and initials of a few individuals. Make sure the video includes the placing and signing of the seal on the machine. After the video performance is recorded, pan the camera to show the seal was not tampered.

    Others may or may not agree with this...
    I like the idea. At this stage, I'm waiting to meet up with the person who will be arranging all the audio visual for the day. I think our best bet is to have a single camera on wide angle which records the whole playing area for the whole of the day - probably a 6-8 hr recording. This recording will then be added to the close up screen recordings so that when the scores are submitted you'll get to see the close up and wide angle shots at the same time. It will verify the machines aren't opened and that the person submitting the score was actually the one at the machine at the time.

    Need to confirm how easy this is to do, but for someone with decent video editing software I'd imagine it's a piece of cake.

    Going to try and arrange a dry run sooner rather than later with several people submitting a score on another machine and we'll see what happens when it's submitted for adjudication and then go from there.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 01-24-2017, 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnWorstEnemy View Post
    Once clearly filmed, place a breakable seal on door / entry to the machine with handwritten date and initials of a few individuals. Make sure the video includes the placing and signing of the seal on the machine. After the video performance is recorded, pan the camera to show the seal was not tampered.

    Others may or may not agree with this...

    While I can only speak for myself, I would be absolutely fine adjudicating if the above approach is taken. As you (John) mention later in this thread, streaming (filming) the room would be a great addition too towards eliminating any machine tampering claim. If you're able to coordinate with the arcade, having key games in one area of the arcade may make everything much easier for everyone. An event area if you will, for lack of a better description. This would allow for less area to get on camera, a better stream, less people wandering around cameras and generally more control of the environment.

    It also sounds like something you could promote locally too. I'm sure the arcade would be receptive to receive any local press to assist with their growth as a business.
    Thanks Barra, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 01-24-2017, 02:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    While I can only speak for myself, I would be absolutely fine adjudicating if the above approach is taken. As you (John) mention later in this thread, streaming (filming) the room would be a great addition too towards eliminating any machine tampering claim. If you're able to coordinate with the arcade, having key games in one area of the arcade may make everything much easier for everyone. An event area if you will, for lack of a better description. This would allow for less area to get on camera, a better stream, less people wandering around cameras and generally more control of the environment.

    It also sounds like something you could promote locally too. I'm sure the arcade would be receptive to receive any local press to assist with their growth as a business.
    Thanks for the feedback Max.

    This is event is being organised by the arcade with a little help from me with the TG adjudication side of things and making sure it's all legit. I certainly hope this isn't the last event, and I'm sure it will be popular and hopefully we can repeat it again in the future with different machines. Hoping for an influx of arcade scores on original machines, from Aussies and anyone else who wants to travel over and set a score. Who knows, we might event flush out a new WR score from someone that doesn't know about TG and competitive gaming - someone who doesn't realise that they are the best in the world at a game they played 20+ years ago.

    The idea already is to have the 3 main machines in one area, so yes we can cover them with one camera I think, and like I said separate camera's doing the close up work. We are hoping to stream via twitch at the same time, but it's not a certain thing at this stage.
  5. 01-24-2017, 02:19 AM
    Hey John, what's the name of the new arcade? Is it open yet? Do you have a link to their site?

    It's always great to hear of another arcade opening in this world!
  6. 01-24-2017, 02:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Hey John, what's the name of the new arcade? Is it open yet? Do you have a link to their site?

    It's always great to hear of another arcade opening in this world!
    I PM'ed you with the details if you haven't already read it.

    I'll leave it up to a new member who is one of the owners to post the details as we haven't finalised the event and I wouldn't want to make something to public at this stage just in case it doesn't happen.
  7. 01-24-2017, 02:53 AM
    ..........
    Last edited by Max; 01-24-2017 at 03:15 AM.
    Thanks John73 thanked this post
  8. 01-24-2017, 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Nice. Thanks John. I've got to share the link of the arcade for any Aussie reader who may not be aware of it. Who knows, maybe I'll get a transfer to Brisbane... I'll have an arcade to game at!
    Hope you enjoy beer if you do make it to Brisbane. They only sell quality, locally brewed beers. I'm told they are great - can't give a personal opinion because I wouldn't know the difference between a good beer and bath water :)
  9. 02-03-2017, 11:47 PM

    Welcome to Twin Galaxy John I am JJT Johnny I play Modern Arcade Games which 46 I am really Good at now My Favorite is Fast & Furious Super Cars Racing Game. Have you Played or any of your Friends Try Fast & Furious Super Cars?


    Film inside once, multiple submissions from different players.

  10. 02-04-2017, 08:07 PM
    I had my sound and vision tech through over the weekend. This is a brief outline of how we hope to run each day. Going to be a bit different as we are an arcade bar hoping to record lot's of scores over a weekend, likely 12+ hours each day.

    Saturday Morning:
    3 or 4 cabs up on a stage
    film inside and all necessary areas on all machines
    seal each machine with masking tape front and back and sign by venue management
    pan back with the same camera which will mount on the roof and record entire days proceedings without ever taking the machines out of frame

    have a separate camera for each cabs monitor
    record name and time of day as each participant walks on stage to attempt a score

    Sunday:
    record proof that masking tape has not been tampered with
    record name and time of day as each participant walks on stage to attempt a score

    We also hope to live stream each cab monitor on to a projector so people can watch throughout the day. Depending on how we set up the internet we may live stream to twitch also.

    Biggest question for me is can I as the event director and venue owner, submit the video on behalf of everyone who has completed a game over the weekend or does each entrant need to splice the necessary videos and submit on their own?

    I can post some photos of the event space if that helps.

    We aim to be Australia's premier arcade bar and want to take these types of events very seriously so any help, suggestions, feedback on getting this right from the start would be amazing.

    Cheers!!!
    Likes John73, Barra liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us