Arcade - X-Men vs. Street Fighter - Points [Tournament Settings] - 1,885,300 - Pete Hahn

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 01-24-2017, 01:06 PM
    I'll make a video with better quality tonight to better show my setup and the PCB is all legit.

Thanks,

Pete
  2. 01-24-2017, 10:37 PM
    Some more info on my setup, showing the supergun and board in this submission:

3. 01-27-2017, 10:36 AM
    With regard to the controller, TG says original should be used, but then goes on to say that 3rd party controllers are acceptable, as long as they are within the spirit of how the game was originally intended to be played (I'm paraphrasing of course). I know there have been other discussions on supergun use wherein it was determined that it is acceptable, and there have certainly been a handful of accepted performances by Pete if not by others, that have set precedent in this arena.

For me, my vote is yes. I see no difference between using a fight stick vs. sitting at a cab and playing, with regard to the spirit of how the game is supposed to be controlled. Others might interpret this differently, and at the extreme end, even the sanwa sticks and buttons that I have in my Capcom "big blue" cab are not original, and an arguement could certainly be made that it is not original, but again, it is (in my opinion) not deviant from the spirit of the game.

That's my position, at least, and again, there's plenty of precedence set in the area of controllers/controls being used, that is not specific to supergun use but certainly includes it.
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Thanks HAN, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HAN, HugDD liked this post
  4. 01-27-2017, 10:36 AM
    Oh, and nice play, Pete. Quickly closing the gap!
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Thanks HAN thanked this post
  5. 02-05-2017, 06:31 PM
    2 week BUMP for views and votes! :)

Thank you...
  6. 02-05-2017, 08:08 PM
    I use a Qanba Q4 fight stick on fighting games and sometimes SHMUP games. Justin Wong uses a fight stick, as does Ryan Hart. (All Guinness WR holders.) This is an easy accept. Way to go Pete! What kind of fight stick shouldn't be put into question. Many players go through various fight sticks, be it HORI, Qanba/EightARC, Razer or Madcatz. I also own a HORI.
    Seattle Retro Gamer
    2013 & 2015 SRGE Arcade Armageddon Winner (3x Finalist)
    2016 Twin Galaxies NES Decathlon (Rematch) - 1st Place
    Twin Galaxies Retro Nintendo Online Open #1 - 1st Place
    1991 Nintendo Campus Challenge, 1992 Super Nintendo Campus Challenge & 1994 PowerFest World Record Holder
    Thanks HAN, HugDD thanked this post
  7. 03-05-2017, 03:39 PM
    BUMP for views and votes! :)
  8. 03-05-2017, 04:06 PM
    Very nice, Accepted!!
    www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ9T2XXtI1da6onT_U-2u0Q

Intrepid (Arcade 5-man) 230,960 WR
    Thanks HAN thanked this post
  9. 03-21-2017, 01:48 PM
    Here's that Pic, GGA, and a little bump for a sub that deserves a Yes!
    Name:  Elvira.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  143.6 KB
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Thanks HAN, JJT_Defender, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HAN, JJT_Defender, slade23, HugDD liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us