M.A.M.E. - Zoo Keeper [Set 1] - Zoo Keeper Extreme! (ZEKE-99) - 2,011,350 - Paul Hornitzky

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 02-04-2017, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jpittman
    Apologies to Barthax and terencew if I'm stepping on any toes by following their excellent examples regarding supplying additional information for MAME submissions:
    I'm pretty sure they would be happy that someone else is helping out. Nice work Jamey.

How come that the score is showing twice in Jameys snap shot above? No big deal, just wondering.

john

2. 02-04-2017, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    All is not lost yet. There still is the video evidence. :)

john

Paul has since provided the nvram file necessary for proper playback of the INP, and I cannot find any TG rule prohibiting the submission of INP files that were recorded without first deleting nvram. So, as far as I can tell, this submission is valid thanks to Paul supplying the nvram file that allows for playback of the INP. Otherwise, I don't think the video evidence would have been enough by itself.

As I understand it, the TG rules for MAME submissions currently require a valid WolfMAME INP file that can be replayed and analyzed. Of course, it only makes sense to encourage additional evidence to be supplied (e.g., supplying a video); but I don't think additional evidence negates the rule requiring a valid INP that can be viewed in WolfMAME. Now that Paul has supplied an nvram file that allows for proper playback of the game (excepting the high score table oddity after the game is over), I concede this point to be moot as far as this submission is concerned.

I would consider this submission to be a good example of why MARP requires all submission to delete nvram before recording as it avoids playback issues. Perhaps the TG rules should be adjusted to also require this. If not, perhaps the rules should also mention the need to supply the nvram file for any submission that doesn't first delete nvram before recording as to avoid these playback problems going forward?

Regarding your question about the high score already being there, I suspect that's also due to the nvram file. Terrence or Barthax could certainly offer their expertise to confirm or deny that assumption on my part.

-J
    Thanks JJT_Defender, OOO, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, HugDD liked this post
  3. 02-04-2017, 02:35 PM

Thanks OOO thanked this post
  4. 02-04-2017, 03:10 PM
    I know other places do require to removal of the nvram before recording but I can't find anything Twin Galaxies related so since it was supplied all good.
  5. 02-04-2017, 03:19 PM

Rules
    Dip Switches:

--Initial Number of Keepers: 3
    --High Score Enable: 1
    --Novice Animal Speed: 99 (Default is 39)
    --Expert Animal Speed: 99 (Default is 30)
    --No Hit Mode: 0
    --Free Game Rate: 0

PLEASE USE FULL SCREEN TWIN GALAXY MEMBERS TO SEE THE MAME ZOO KEEPER GAME SETTINGS!

At :05 to 07 of the video You Twin Galaxy Members who are Adjudicating MAME Zoo Keeper video Game Submission you Can Clearly See the Difficulty Settings for Zoo Keeper Which are Corresponding to TG Rules for this Game

and Can Be Verified at this Site The Official Arcade Zoo Keeper Manual Page 8
    https://archive.org/stream/ArcadeGam...ge/n7/mode/2up

ACCEPTED CONGRATULATIONS PAUL on SMASHING THE ZOO KEEPER WORLD RECORD & Welcome to twin Galaxy I learned the Game enjoyed watching Excellent play

Zoo Keeper 3 Man Can Be Seen & Game Starts at :15 of the video

Zoo Keeper Twin Galaxy Member you Can Clearly See the Game Settings from 5:23 to 5:28 of the video That Meet ALL Specification & Twin Galaxy Rules for MAME ZOO KEEPER ALL GOOD A OK

Also At :05 to 07 of the video You Twin Galaxy Members who are Adjudicating MAME Zoo Keeper video Game Submission you Can Clearly See the Difficulty Settings for Zoo Keeper Which are Corresponding to TG Rules for this Game

MAE ANALYST BY jpittman in Reply # 10

M.A.M.E. - Zoo Keeper [Set 1] - Zoo Keeper Extreme! (ZEKE-99) - 2,011,350 - Paul Hornitzky Final Score is at 4:50 to 5:10 of the video Game Initials OOO

1 MILLION POINTS AT 3:48 3:49 of the video

2 MILLION POINTS AT 4:44 to 4:45 of the video

1st Man Lost is at 2:24-26 of the video

2nd Man Lost is at 3:08-10 of the video

3rd Man Lost is at 3:27-29 of the video

4th Man Lost is at 4:48-50 of the video

6. 02-04-2017, 03:22 PM
  7. 02-04-2017, 03:27 PM

ACCEPTED

# 1 Paul Hornitzky WORLD RECORD 1ST PLACE FOR M.A.M.E. - Zoo Keeper [Set 1] - Zoo Keeper Extreme! (ZEKE-99) - 2,011,350 -

Zoo Keeper [Set 1] [Zoo Keeper Extreme! (ZEKE-99)]
    (11)
    Rate this track

Founded by: William McEvoy , Mark Hoff

• General Rules
      Additional Info:

• Game Specific Rules:Goal:
      --Highest score on "maximum difficulty" to test your zoo keeping abilities against the toughest set of animals on the planet!
      --aka: Maximum Difficulty Challenge / Extreme Settings / 99-99 / ZEKE-99

Romset:
      --Any official romset is acceptable (since future MAME updates may alter naming conventions, etc).

Dip Switches:
      --Initial Number of Keepers: 3
      --High Score Enable: 1
      --Novice Animal Speed: 99 (Default is 39)
      --Expert Animal Speed: 99 (Default is 30)
      --No Hit Mode: 0
      --Free Game Rate: 0

Tips to Adjust Settings Menu:
      --Service Mode is activated using F1.
      --Use F2 to scroll down the settings list.
      --Use F5/F6 to adjust animal speed.
      --Hit F1 until returned to the active game.

Info for Adjudication:
      --Extra lives are earned at the successful completion of the escalator stage.
      --"Point pressing" in the coconut stage is considered illegal (maximum 3 landings on top platform per stage attempt).

Historical Background:
      Zoo Keeper (ZK) was released in 1982, and applauded for its deceptively cute charm while providing a mind-numbing challenge at the controls. Three decades later the game is still full steam ahead providing that quaint arcade charisma. ZK has traditionally been played on "default settings" which allows the player to perfect strategies and techniques for amassing huge points when jumping groups of animals- up to 30 million points! By ramping up the difficulty to "maximum," the player is forced to re-invent their long-standing strategies. Think you are good at the 30 year old competitive settings? Try stepping into the "Extreme" cage and show us what you've got!

Scores

Search Per Page 1 3 5 10 20 30 50
    Rank
    Player
    Date Verified
    Verification Method
    WolfMame Version
    2ND
    100.00%
    Max Haraske
    2015-06-05
    TGSAP
    3RD
    61.35%
    Donald Hayes
    2015-06-03
    TGSAP
    4TH
    17.86%
    Stephen K K. Boyer
    2015-05-27
    TGSAP
    5TH
    8.26%
    Mark Hoff
    2015-05-25
    TGSAP

8. 02-04-2017, 03:32 PM
    ACCEPTED ALL GOOD A OK
    MAME ANALYST BY jpittman in Reply #10

9. 02-04-2017, 04:44 PM
    This track might be better off played the same as the ZK coconut challenge track. That being that more than one attempt be allowed on the same INP. It's a PITA to adjust the settings every attempt. That would solve the nvram problem too.

Nice work Paul!

john

10. 02-05-2017, 07:46 AM
    Pretty sure wolfmame must be used
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Join us