Atari 2600 / VCS - Burger Time - EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B - - 41,200 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Burger Time - EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B - - 41,200 - Roger 111

06-10-2017, 04:26 PM
    vzaar-player

EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B -
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=23670
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message

Run begins between 1:10 and 1:20, only run, settings shown at beginning of video.
    Well, my INT is broken, so for now I have to give up on the INT version.
    Took out some frustration on this. I have booted it up before, I'm sure, but never played for a score before today.
    Ryan, I may try to give you a run on this one! I see things I could do better, but I had no idea you could control the baddies so well in this version. The entire game could be routed out, with the baddies being manipulated the same way every time.
    The drops are pixel-perfect almost on the red and white baddies, and keeping them in one solid group seems impossible. I did drop them all from an ingredient, but with peppers.
    Very surprised at how fun this is, and def. not done with it yet!
    Thanks Everyone!
  2. 06-10-2017, 05:30 PM
    Lotta views on this pretty quick, thanks, everyone!
    Before any boos/yay's, to reiterate-I have never seen this game played by anyone else.
    Yes, this is my first day at a true attempt, I swear, but...
    Burgertime is Burgertime. I definitely think I can go for the top spot here, and like Sky Jinks, I am confused as to how a game that is so tough for so many is so natural for me.
    I cannot shoot well, Space Invaders stuff eludes me, but on this you simply slow down, assess, make them go down a ladder if you need to, up a ladder if you need to, and fool them into giving you points.
    Ryan-not aiming my bat at right field. Your scores on this are amazing, before this game I was stuck at a low 30k, and it gets so fast, even on the third level, MUCH respect!
    But this is a better version of this game than I thought, so I will give it an honest go!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  3. 06-10-2017, 05:54 PM
    Nice! Accepted.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  4. 06-10-2017, 09:09 PM
    Nice first attempt! Only 50 pts away from 2nd. I think you have a good shot at 1st also. Accepted!
  5. 06-11-2017, 04:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    Nice first attempt! Only 50 pts away from 2nd. I think you have a good shot at 1st also. Accepted!
    !!!!!!!!
    I thought second was closer to 47k, I didn't realize I was so close!
    Darnit!
    :P
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  6. 06-11-2017, 04:58 AM
    Graphics are repulsive, but sound is good, and game looks to have the usual Atari playability.

GG.
    Likes Rogerpoco, Intellivision Master liked this post
  7. 06-11-2017, 02:07 PM
    You squashed Mr. Egg, and turned him into Mr. Scrambled Egg. lol Good job.
  8. 06-14-2017, 04:40 PM
    50 Points away from 2nd place! Just getting through a respectable game with these graphics - props man !!

The buns disappear as you walk over them, the baddies re-appear on the sides after you take them for a ride - The Atari changes all the rules on this game. Even your chef rattles when he peppers instead of showing pepper flakes! The hot-dogs and egg turn into "rectangles" as they step on a ladder. Kudos to you Rog for getting through this !

And for a first attempt - I see a first for you in the near future!

ACCEPTED

9. 06-14-2017, 04:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    vzaar-player

EMU - Game 1, Difficulty B -

Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=23670
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Attachment 30869
    Run begins between 1:10 and 1:20, only run, settings shown at beginning of video.
    Well, my INT is broken, so for now I have to give up on the INT version.
    Took out some frustration on this. I have booted it up before, I'm sure, but never played for a score before today.
    Ryan, I may try to give you a run on this one! I see things I could do better, but I had no idea you could control the baddies so well in this version. The entire game could be routed out, with the baddies being manipulated the same way every time.
    The drops are pixel-perfect almost on the red and white baddies, and keeping them in one solid group seems impossible. I did drop them all from an ingredient, but with peppers.
    Very surprised at how fun this is, and def. not done with it yet!
    Thanks Everyone!
    It's a somewhat wrongly maligned version, but it's got it's charm in there somewhere. my best was a tick over 100k as part of either an atariage high score club or the old gone retrocademagazine site. There's one other who's done better than i outside of TG , on AA forums as 'northcoastgamer' from Ohio who's done 121k .
  10. 06-14-2017, 05:38 PM
    It IS Burgertime, but the graphics do make it difficult-the game cooperates properly to your movements, but the timing on avoiding the square shaped baddies is very precise!
    I think I can catch the score posted here, Gavv, mebbe, only mebbe, but if you push it to 100k, I'm out, haha!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us