Thread

Atari 2600 / VCS - Concentration - NTSC - Game 2, Difficulty B - 1 - Steve Germershausen

User Tag List

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
    This poll is closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Concentration - NTSC - Game 2, Difficulty B - 1 - Steve Germershausen

03-07-2017, 08:20 AM

NTSC - Game 2, Difficulty B
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=14250
    RulesYou must match ALL tiles for a score of 16. Your score will be the number of misses, so a lower score is better.
    Submission MessageHello fellow Atari 2600 enthusiasts, here is my run at the game Hunt & Score, aka A Game of Concentration, aka Concentration. This track is for game 2, diff B (diff B and A have no baring on the number of misses being tracked here, just the scoring value for correct matches is changed). A similar run to this one was done by me back about 3 years ago on VHS, showing 0 misses, but the scoreboard does not recognize the the perfect game, so 1 miss will have to do until that gets fixed. This was then recorded live in February 2017.
    Final score: 1 purposeful miss.
    Run begins: 2:59
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 04-14-2017, 04:25 PM
    Been a while, but time for some love on some old subs.
    I hate numbers, will likely never play this, haha!

Good Job!
    Accepted!
    Sux you have to miss on purpose.
  3. 04-26-2017, 06:25 AM

This was submitted 7 weeks ago.

It has been 12 days since the last comment.

Accepted

Let's do something about that.

Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes stygian, HugDD liked this post
  4. 04-26-2017, 06:45 AM
    Ok I'm pushing the accept button
    Thanks stella_blue, HugDD thanked this post
    Likes stella_blue, HugDD liked this post
  5. 05-06-2017, 03:53 PM
    Accepted!!
  6. 05-07-2017, 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

This was submitted 7 weeks ago.

7 weeks! Where has this bad boy been hiding? Accepted
  7. 05-07-2017, 02:36 AM
    When I view this submission in the queue it fails to show the game console icon. I remember in the past when this would happen there was a problem with the vote passing through. Let's hope this isn't the case.
    Likes nads liked this post
  8. 05-08-2017, 07:14 PM
    Hi, everyone. Thanks for the accepting votes, and Yes, this missing console icon screws things up for the voting - but that's not the whole story...
    After reading my submission message again, I naively thought this (and 4B, 6B, 8B) would register onto the TG database after being voted on and accepted. But it turns out to be the same old problem where these track do not accept any scores, let alone my 0 misses scores submitted half a year ago, nor my 1 miss scores from 2.5 months ago. I tried to contact the site maintenance gal, but received no reply on this issue.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Is there a better way of getting this track fixed?

Steve
    ...God gave video games to you...
    Thanks stella_blue thanked this post
  9. 05-08-2017, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by stygian View Post
    Hi, everyone. Thanks for the accepting votes, and Yes, this missing console icon screws things up for the voting - but that's not the whole story...
    After reading my submission message again, I naively thought this (and 4B, 6B, 8B) would register onto the TG database after being voted on and accepted. But it turns out to be the same old problem where these track do not accept any scores, let alone my 0 misses scores submitted half a year ago, nor my 1 miss scores from 2.5 months ago. I tried to contact the site maintenance gal, but received no reply on this issue.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Is there a better way of getting this track fixed?
    Steve
    Hey Steve,
    According to the scoreboard you have already been accepted?
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  24.9 KB
    Thanks stygian thanked this post
  10. 05-20-2017, 03:22 PM
    Thanks for that update, Nads! I just wanted to point out to the site custodian that the game should not be scored based on 'percentages' and that our number of misses should not be a percentage symbol (%). The lower the score, the better, with 0 being the perfect game. Who knows what we scored if it only shows a (%)?

Why is this thread still up to adjudicate? ...caught in classic gaming purgatory?
    ...God gave video games to you...
    Likes RaGe liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us