Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

1. Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

10-25-2010, 07:10 AM
    Hey all,

This section does say "strategy discussion" so I figured I'd start a post near and dear to my heart. Star Wars Trilogy... Been spending a fair amount of time improving it, and was wondering if anyone here has cleared the 3 million mark. I can't believe the WR is actualy 3.6 mil. Can't even imagine, but I'd love to know if anyone here is a big SWT player like myself. I'd love to trade or discuss strategy here. I haven't hit 3 million yet, and am identifying areas where I know I can up my score (more Ex multipliers, etc), and have found a few gems in the game, but I'm not sure if I'm the only one out here still playing this and trying to perfect it...

I'd love to be able to at least achieve a score on each level (albeit not even in the same game) that adds up to close to the world record, even if I can't string them together in one game. My best level is Hoth, where I can consistently get over 800k. But even if I could achieve 800k on each of the 4 levels, plus the 190k you get for Boba Fett and Vader, I'd still only have 3.39 million.

Anyone want to discuss the finer points of Star Wars Trilogy? Even if you don't have tips, it would be great to hear others at least agree with me that this game was one of the best... Seems as though people either really loved it, or they hated it. No middle road...

Sean
  2. Re: Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

10-30-2010, 06:09 PM
    Gratuitious bump...

Really? Nobody plays/loves this game? I feel like a loner... Anyone? If I can't even get one reply, I'll be destined to just play it alone forever... In shame...

Sean
  3. Re: Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

11-01-2010, 02:48 AM
    Never heard of it or played it as not too many arcades around except for the ones with some dancing games... :(

Looks great though and the reviews on Youtube seem quite possitive. Maybe one day this will be on the MAME game list as working :)
  4. Re: Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

11-01-2010, 08:33 AM
    Fun game.... earned well enough to stick around in local arcades for a few years to boot. Never played it seriously enough to recall any of my scores, though.
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  5. Re: Star Wars Trilogy Arcade

11-05-2010, 05:44 PM
    Thx for the replies.. I did notice that they can't get it working right on MAME. It's been a long project, and still not there yet. Lots of folks are waiting for that day. I'm practicing and practicing, but it's rough looking for those point boosts alone. I almost can't even believe the world record. My joystick's a tad wonky, so gonna do some work on it soon, and replace some of the parts to get it smooth again... That could help the scores some as far as accuracy goes...

Sean
  6. 04-10-2017, 08:16 AM
    Cleared 2.62 Million today
    Likes spectre liked this post
  7. 06-17-2017, 09:33 AM
    Congrats on clearing 2.6M !!

In response to the originator of this thread as I was the referee who witnessed the first two 3M+ TG scores on this title, I can say that the keys to success are speed and accuracy. The game's point-scale rewards aggressive, accurate gameplay.

In short...kill them quickly and don't miss along the way for maximum benefits.

Good luck !!
    Thanks heyitsken thanked this post
    Likes heyitsken liked this post
  8. 06-16-2022, 04:14 AM
    It seems I'm 12 years late to the party, but I'm still playing this (emulated) and I wanted to share this guide I've been using since forever: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/arcade...cade/faqs/6491.

I'm nowhere near 3 million though.
Join us