Lunch Break!

1. Lunch Break!

12-18-2015, 07:41 AM
    Hey everyone! I'll be streaming various MAME titles on my lunch break (12:15-13:00 EST) moving forward. Any requests or challenges?

Primarily I will be doing my high score runs, but am also training for a Mario Bros league so you may see some of that as well.

Now accepting challenges on MAME titles. TG settings only. Thanks for reading/watching/challenging!

EDIT: I come from a console-playing background and am MAME-ing to broaden my skill on games I love but have played very little, so don't challenge me to things like 1M DK or anything :)
  2. 12-18-2015, 09:08 AM
    #52 Galaxian score today. Got a little work to do...
  3. 12-18-2015, 09:11 AM
    Try the Robotron NOOB track. If you have not played Robotron before, you may believe that the number of lives you start with matter, so the Noob track lets you start with 20. That is a trap though. There is wave that is simply brutal. Unless you find your ZEN point or whatever, you won't make it past.

It is a FUN way to learn Robotron though.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  4. 12-18-2015, 09:35 AM
    Digging through memories of previous TG/MARP competitions, two recomendations for expanding your horizon:

Phozon is a surprising little gem of a simple puzzle game.
    Bal Cube looks like many other games but still avoids easy categorisation. Don't look at the 1-life track until you get used to the game: only then can you appreciate that 1-life score (don't look yet!).
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  5. 12-18-2015, 09:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Try the Robotron NOOB track.
    I can use the solid blue label romset for both sets of tracks right? Would I have any reason to use another romset?
  6. 12-18-2015, 09:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Phozon is a surprising little gem of a simple puzzle game.
    Bal Cube looks like many other games but still avoids easy categorisation. Don't look at the 1-life track until you get used to the game: only then can you appreciate that 1-life score (don't look yet!).
    Phozon I learned of with a PS1 Namco Museum 3 copy I have. Great game!

Bal Cube is brand new to me. I'll keep the blinders on for a while :)
  7. 12-20-2015, 06:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Try the Robotron NOOB track. If you have not played Robotron before, you may believe that the number of lives you start with matter, so the Noob track lets you start with 20. That is a trap though. There is wave that is simply brutal. Unless you find your ZEN point or whatever, you won't make it past.

It is a FUN way to learn Robotron though.
    I'd also echo datagod's recommendation. If you can find your Zen moment in that game, it's amazing. But trying to repeat it can be a different matter...
  8. 12-22-2015, 09:06 AM
    85k on Mario Bros today. Not my PR. As my decision making is getting better, my reflexes still need to be tuned in a little more. I've watched lots of videos of strategies on this and they're very informative, but I'm just trying to survive as long as I can at this point :P
  9. 01-04-2016, 10:27 AM
    160k on Mario Bros today. It's the last day of round 1 of the Mario Bros Open and I was hoping to crack 200k - I have until midnight to do so. Wish me luck!
  10. 05-31-2016, 11:36 AM
    Long time no post! I've streamed a small amount lately. Not a lot. Just getting past the mental preoccupation of having my first child and have a career change coming up and all that fun stuff. I'm back on track mentally. Thank Glob for that.

Streamed Mario Bros today in prep for Mario Bros Open #3 starting this Friday. Good session as far as practice sessions go. just under 100k then just over 100k then 150k in that order. Good push. Didn't feel random it felt controlled. Finally. The chaos in this game can really freak you out if you don't feel like you have control.

Name:  2016_05_31_19_35_411.png
Views: 39
Size:  99.9 KB

https://www.twitch.tv/bensweeneyonbass/v/69717428
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us