This poll is closed
  1. Vectrex - Spike - NTSC/PAL - Points - 34,100 - Dane Gill

03-16-2017, 03:23 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC/PAL - Points
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2053
    Rules
    An ORIGINAL Vectrex controller MUST be used for all submissions.
    After advancing a few levels, leeching points could become an issue - If it looks like you're intentionally point leeching, your score WILL be disqualified!
    BANNED TACTIC: Getting yourself stuck between the cage and the right side of the screen, resulting in a large amount of points.
    Submission Message
    Hello again everyone. Today I am submitting a better Spike score than my previous. Had fun with this game but back to Sam Rush you go Spike and Molly.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes RaGe, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 03-16-2017, 03:28 PM
    And as always, thank you for wa5ching
    -Professor Trex
  3. 03-16-2017, 03:38 PM
    Midway through the game, you get into a zone that is crazy! How you stayed alive, I have no idea!
    Great Job! Still need to press more, lol! Get on the top level, and kick the baddies-they change, and get faster, so isn't leeching.
    You can get 10k before clearing the second phase, honest!
    Why am I helping you? You ran me off the Vectrex...
    (So kidding! Atari grabbed me for a bit, but I still got some Vectrex in me!)

This is a tough game, especially at the levels you made it to, awesome job!
    Accepted!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Thanks Dane Gill thanked this post
    Likes Dane Gill liked this post
  4. 03-16-2017, 04:23 PM
    Yeah, you're killing me, man, you are so good. I just taped, to try to sneak one over you.
    I'm NOT sneaky. But I can get almost 10 K by the end of the second level, every game.
    Then nothing. I can squeeze by a couple of levels, but the bad guys come at you SOOO fast!

I knew nothing really about competitive gaming when I first came here, and have learned a lot.
    Finishing a slalom course on Skiing on Atari 2600 without hitting a flag is one thing, and certainly an accomplishment-doing it almost pixel-perfect and getting a fast time is another.
    When I play Donkey Kong(rarely-I'll accidentaly get 450k again someday, lol, but if I spend too much time with it, that Ape p!sses me of so bad I don't want to play any games!), I spend a good 30 seconds or so on the bottom level, teasing the fireball for points.

You complete levels so well on this, that if you pushed for the points, you'd get 50, 60 k, which would make you want 100, and I believe you could do it!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
  5. 03-17-2017, 11:07 AM
    Bumped the wrong spike video. Just bumping this up to the top of the page again.
    -Professor Trex
  6. 03-18-2017, 09:51 AM
    Accepted! Great playing!
  7. 03-21-2017, 05:15 PM

Manufacturer
    General Consumer Electronics (1982-83)
    Milton Bradley Company (1983-84)
    Type
    Home video game console
    Generation
    Second generation
    Release date

• NA: November 1982
    • EU: May 1983
    • JP: June 1983

Discontinued
    Media
    ROM cartridge
    CPU
    Motorola MC68A09 @ 1.5 MHz
    Controller input
    Two

The Vectrex is a vector display-based home video game console that was developed by Western Technologies/Smith Engineering.[1] It was licensed and distributed first by General Consumer Electronics (GCE), and then by Milton Bradley Company after its purchase of GCE. It was released in November 1982 at a retail price of $199 ($480 adjusted for inflation[2]); as Milton Bradley took over international marketing the price dropped to $150, then reduced again to $100 shortly before the video game crash of 1983 and finally retailed at $49 after the crash.[3] The Vectrex exited the console market in early 1984.

Unlike other non-portable video game consoles, which connected to televisions and rendered raster graphics, the Vectrex has an integrated vector monitor which displays vector graphics. The Vectrex is monochrome and uses plastic screen overlays to simulate color and various static graphics and decorations. At the time, many of the most popular arcade games used vector displays, and through a licensing deal with Cinematronics, GCE was able to produce high-quality versions of arcade games such as Space Wars and Armor Attack.
    Vectrex comes with a built-in game, Mine Storm. Two peripherals were also available for the Vectrex, a light pen and a 3D imager.
    The Vectrex was also released in Japan under the name Bandai Vectrex Kousokusen. In the U.S., the model number of the Vectrex is HP-3000.

System features[edit]

The Vectrex was the first and only home-based system to ever use a vector-based screen. It was also the first home system to offer a 3D peripheral (the Vectrex 3D Imager), in 1984,[6] predating the Sega Master System's SegaScope 3D by several years.
    The Vectrex was a commercial failure, due in part to its release just prior to the North American video game crash of 1983.[4] However, it retains a small, devoted fan base.[4]

Technical specifications[edit]

European release Vectrex playing the built-in game Minestorm, without overlay.

Circuit board[edit]

Sound[edit]

Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  8. 03-21-2017, 06:40 PM
    This is the Vectrex Mascot, and Dane really nailed it! Gotta check out, vote yes!
    Yes on this one, I know the game, is all good!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
  9. 03-21-2017, 06:41 PM

Accepted
    Spike Game Starts at :24 of the video

Spike

An ORIGINAL Vectrex controller MUST be used for all submissions. Vectrex Controller & System Can Be Seen From :01-22 of the video

Vectrex - Spike - NTSC/PAL - Points - 34,100 Final Score is at 5:42 of the video

jjt_defender

Honored Veteran

Credibility:21116

Submission points: 11,200

I JJT Dominate Presently the Modern Arcade Games 51 with First Place in Scoring & Times
    in 41 cities especially Fast & Furious Super Cars Undefeated against Players in a Best of 3,5,7 with 2,374 Victories in 6 years with only 36 Loses I live in Austin,Texas Live Public Housing Came,

I live in Austin,Texas I JJT Johnny Play at Main Event, on Monday Night Madness 3 Specials for 10:95 fom 4pm to 2am in the Morning , Dave n Busters Sunday $10.00 Unlimited Game Card from 10am to 12 Midnight some times Austin Park Amusement on Tuesday & Thursday $12.00
    I JJT Have No Problem Mastering Video Games. In Austin,Texas

I JJT Johnny Live in Austin,Texas Your Welcome to Call Main Event,Dave n Busters They Know Me. Come By Check My Scores & Times & Try to Beat them & Play Against Me.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  10. 03-22-2017, 08:14 PM
    Spike for Spike!
    Accepted!!!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us