PlayStation 2 - Ridge Racer V - NTSC - Time Attack - Pluto - Outer Pass - Standard Time - Regular Track [Fastest Lap] - 01:11.758 - Jason Newman

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation 2 - Ridge Racer V - NTSC - Time Attack - Pluto - Outer Pass - Standard Time - Regular Track [Fastest Lap] - 01:11.758 - Jason Newman

03-23-2017, 03:23 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Time Attack - Pluto - Outer Pass - Standard Time - Regular Track [Fastest Lap]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=35371
    Rules
    You can use any car.

Options:
    Boost = Off
    Number of laps = 3
    Difficulty = Standard, Extra, or Oval
    Submission Message
    Ridge Racer V [NTSC - Time Attack - Pluto - Outer Pass - Standard Time - Regular Track [Fastest Lap]]
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 03-23-2017, 03:37 PM

Information Provided by Twin Galaxy Member Jason Newman rotunda Game Initials T99

If you need further verification, I ran a speed test of PAL hardware running NTSC-J and proper NTSC-J hardware running a NTSC-J game.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...drive-too[

(I would love some input from everyone on this thread by the way, especially if someone can test Ever Drives on cross platform for me).

Also, if you need yet more verification, I made a wall post about my attempts at this game and my aquisition of a NTSC-J console (finally!) see here:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/entry.ph...acer-V-Records

Hope this helps thanks for viewing. Any other questions feel free to ask.
    Verification of the console can be seen at the start in the BIOS. The text is Japanese which is impossible to do on a mod chipped console as this is in the BIOS itself. This is a legit SCPH-10000 NTSC-J PlayStation 2 console.

Model number and rear of the unit (also notice the lack of hard drive expansion bay, only present on the SCPH-10000 models released in Japan)

The game media:

My step down converter as we have 240v mains electric here:

3. 03-23-2017, 04:51 PM
    Note to Jason Newman have PM Jace Hall & Franny Correct the Rules fro Ridge Racer 5 as Soon as possible so there be no Misunderstanding

Special Note to Twin Galaxy Members Please Ignore the Boost There is no Boost Feature in Ridge Racer 5

Important Information here By Jason Newman rotunda Game Initials T99 Clearly explains everything here below:

By stella_blue
    I'm not sure what the following items are intended to mean:

• Standard Time
    • Regular Track

Answered by rotunda or Jason Newman
    "Standard" time refers to standard class cars. Regular is the track going forwards as there are also reverse tracks (the same track but in reverse.

By stella_blue
    Rules

Are the rules accurate, or do they contain one or more errors?

Is Boost shown to be OFF at any point in the video?

If so, I missed it.

Also, the difficulty option is confusing.

The "Select Load File" screen appears at 0:51 of the video, and FILE1 is selected.

Difficulty = Normal (see below):

Answered by rotunda or Jason Newman
    This is a track error. Standard, Extra and Oval refer to car engines which can be used in the game and not difficulty. As for boost, I have no idea what they are referring to either as there is no boost feature in Ridge Racer 5. Ridge Racer 6 had nitro boost so I assume someone got confused.
  4. 03-27-2017, 05:39 PM

Accepted

Their is No Boost in Ridge Racer V Game Settings Just these
    Time Attack,3 Laps, Standard, Race Track etc. All Good A Ok

Twin Galaxy Members rotunda Explains everything from Reply 2 & 3 Please Read Them I copied them from rotunda Reply's then you will Understand

rotunda Jason Newman: This is a track error. Standard, Extra and Oval refer to car engines which can be used in the game and not difficulty. As for boost, I have no idea what they are referring to either as there is no boost feature in Ridge Racer 5. Ridge Racer 6 had nitro boost so I assume someone got confused.

Time Attack - Pluto - Outer Pass - Standard Time - Regular Track Run Starts at 1:43 of the video

You Can See the Difficulty Settings Normal at :56 of the video

Time Attack - Pluto - Outer Pass - Standard Time - Regular Game Settings Begin at :57 to 1:10 of the video All Good A Ok

PlayStation 2 - Ridge Racer V - NTSC - Time Attack - Pluto - Outer Pass - Standard Time - Regular Track [Fastest Lap] - 01:11.758 Final Time Is at 5:50 to 6:05 of the video Game Initials T99 JAS JN

Ridge Racer 5: Driving Tips - IGN.com

The following are a few pointers to keep in mind when using a Manual Transmission.

• You can get a decent boost at the starting line if you hold the brake and gas at the same time while the starting clock counts down. Switch into second gear and when the screen says GO let go of the brake and get great acceleration from your start. This how to get the best start possible in the game, better than any start you can get driving an automatic car.
    • Be sure to shift down at least one gear right before any sharp turn. That way when you slow to get around the corner, the car's rpms will be such that you can get the maximum acceleration when you're through the turn. For the gentler turns there should be no reason to downshift.
    • You will want to let the needle of your rpm indicator go past the red by around a thousand rpms before you shift up.
    • If you are acceleratiing and the needle on the rpm indicator is rising slowly you will want to down shift.

Twin Galaxy Can Check Here

http://guidesarchive.ign.com/guides/13595/tips.html

jjt_defender

Honored Veteran

Credibility:21116

Submission Points: 11,265 + 60 for Sponsor = 11,325

I JJT Dominate Presently the Modern Arcade Games 51 with First Place in Scoring & Times
    in 41 cities especially Fast & Furious Super Cars Undefeated against Players in a Best of 3,5,7 with 2,374 Victories in 6 years with only 36 Loses I live in Austin,Texas

I live in Austin,Texas I JJT Johnny Play at Main Event, on Monday Night Madness 3 Specials for $10.95 Un Limited Game Card from 4pm to 2am in the Morning , Dave n Busters Sunday $10.00 Unlimited Game Card from 10am to 12 Midnight some times Austin Park Amusement on Tuesday & Thursday $12.00 + $5.00 for Buffet & Unlimited Game Card
    I JJT Have No Problem Mastering Video Games. In Austin,Texas

I JJT Johnny Live in Austin,Texas Your Welcome to Call Main Event,Dave n Busters They Know Me. Come By Check My Scores & Times & Try to Beat them & Play Against Me.

Adjudicated Video Submissions I JJT Johnny Got Wrong a Total of 30 in Twin Galaxy in Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Adjudication Archives & Correctly Adjudicated 11,325 at .99735729386% Accuracy

5. 04-02-2017, 01:56 PM
  6. 04-03-2017, 09:33 AM

I JJT Johnny will Explain in Detail the Twin Galaxy Rule Mistakes & Misunderstanding of the PS2 Ridge Racer V Video Game and the Rules that Need to Be Changed

I did it in a STEP by Step 1 to 4 Explanation for Twin Galaxy Members to Understand the Game Settings for PS2 Ridge Racer V Video Game when your Watching the PS2 Ridge Racer V Video Game Submission so you Can Adjudicated the Correctly

Founded by: TWIN GALAXIES

PlayStation 2 - Ridge Racer V - NTSC The Rules Need to Changed & Amended Herwe are the Twin Galaxy Rule Mistakes

1. Boost is Not in Ridge Racer V & has to Removed from the Rules So Their Be No Misunderstanding by Any Twin Galaxy Members who Adjudicate

2. Difficulty should Be Normal Twin Galaxy Messed up Here

3.Duel is In SELECT CLASS not a Difficulty

Note: GP's are Classified into these Classes Differ with the Cars you Can Use.
    The EXTRA Class Qualify for Tune-up Cars based on the Car you've got in the Standard Class either you Select of these 3 Classes they are STANDARD, EXTRA & DUEL

Special Note to All Twin Galaxy Members Here is How Ridge Racer V Game Settings Start from the Beginning it is Laid Out like this
    First you will see Difficulty = Normal (see below):

2nd Twin Galaxy Members you will See SELECT GAME MODE they are

RACE Head out to the Track and take On the Competition;

GRAND PRIX
    Break Away from the Pack and Claim First Place!;

DUEL There are only Two Kinds of Racers in this Battle Winners &and Losers.;

TIME ATTACK Only You Against the Clock Are you Ready for the Challenge?

99 TRIAL 99 Runs Around a Circuit Only the Chosen Few will discover what Awaits Them at the End of the Challenge

FREE RUN Lets Players Drive Around the Tracks with No Limits, Laps, or Other Restrictions. Choose any Car and Do Anything you want.

3rd Twin Galaxy Members will See SELECT CLASS
    Note: GP's are Classified into these Classes Differ with the Cars you Can Use. The EXTRA Class Qualify for Tune-up Cars based on the Car you've got in the Standard Class either you Select of these 3 Classes they are STANDARD, EXTRA & DUEL

They are

C. Standard Mode vs. Extra Mode
    ===============================

In Standard Mode, you’ll enter a race where Standard Cars are involved (i.e.
    unmodified, factory model). You can choose a Standard Engine only. As for the
    Extra Mode, you’ll be able to use your fast cars with turbo-charged engines.
    It could be either an Extra Engine (Fast Engine, good for tricky tracks), or
    an Oval Engine (Ultra-Fast Engine, good for endurance and straight/oval
    roads).

STANDARD

EXTRA

DUEL

4th SELECT COURSE

Tracks

Seaside Route 765
    A reworked version of the Novice course in Ridge Racer. Standard course running through town to the shoreline.
    Ridge City Highway
    A reworked version of the Advanced course in Ridge Racer. Extension of Sunny Beach, with high speeds the norm.
    Park Town
    A simple Figure 8 track with long straightaways and simple turns.
    Above the City
    An extension of Park Town, the track experiences sudden elevation drops and irregular corners.
    Outer Pass
    A slightly modified version of Sunny Beach. Defined with a mountainous terrain in the first half of the track.
    Bayside Line
    Longest track in Ridge Racer V, meant to challenge the most experienced drivers. This is an extension of Outer Pass.
    Airport Oval
    Setup similar to a NASCAR race, this ten-lap race is highlighted by the use of special Oval Engines; high power engines meant for full throttle racing.
    FASTEST Ridge Racer V CarANGELUS

Manufacturer: Kamata
    Mode: Duel
    Type: Grip
    Engine: KA-CLMX
    Length: 175 in
    Width: 83 in
    Height: 42 in
    Weight: Unknown
    Transmission: 7 Speed
    Top Speed: 368 mph (589 kph)

Stats: _______________
    Acceleration: |_______________|___
    Speed: |___________________|
    Handling: |________________|

Rules

You can use any car.
    Options: Boost = Off
    Number of laps = 3
    Difficulty = Duel

Twin Galaxy Rules Should Read Like This Below:

Difficulty Normal

Number of Lap 3 but Can be 99 Laps for 99 TRIAL

SELECT GAME MODE

SELECT CLASS

SELECT COURSE

SELECT GAME MODE they are

RACE Head out to the Track and take On the Competition;

GRAND PRIX
    Break Away from the Pack and Claim First Place!;

DUEL There are only Two Kinds of Racers in this Battle Winners and Losers.;

TIME ATTACK Only You Against the Clock Are you Ready for the Challenge?

99 TRIAL 99 Runs Around a Circuit Only the Chosen Few will discover what Awaits Them at the End of the Challenge

FREE RUN Lets Players Drive Around the Tracks with No Limits, Laps, or Other Restrictions. Choose any Car and Do Anything you want.

SELECT CLASS
    Note: GP's are Classified into these Classes Differ with the Cars you Can Use. The EXTRA Class Qualify for Tune-up Cars based on the Car you've got in the Standard Class either you Select of these 3 Classes they are STANDARD, EXTRA & DUEL

They are

C. Standard Mode vs. Extra Mode
    ===============================

In Standard Mode, you’ll enter a race where Standard Cars are involved (i.e.
    unmodified, factory model). You can choose a Standard Engine only. As for the
    Extra Mode, you’ll be able to use your fast cars with turbo-charged engines.
    It could be either an Extra Engine (Fast Engine, good for tricky tracks), or
    an Oval Engine (Ultra-Fast Engine, good for endurance and straight/oval
    roads).

STANDARD

EXTRA

DUEL

Join us