NES Elevator Action rules amendment

1. NES Elevator Action rules amendment

05-27-2010, 05:06 AM
    Due to how a tactic can be employed that avoids the enemy speed-up, we've had to revise the rules for Elevator Action on the NES and Wii Virtual Console effective today.

3 Lives to Start and a Bonus Life at 10,000

Special Rules: Players MAY leech, but be forewarned, it won't last for long. This is being allowed because soon enough the AI gets INCREDIBLY Smart and the bullets resemble a machine gun spray making it EXTREMELY difficult to advance. This is especially true on later levels where the enemies start out smarter off the bat and their shooting speed increases big time!

Entering the bottom elevator without entering all the red doors returns the gamer to an earlier point in the level and avoids the enemy speed-up. Since it's possible to do this by accident and in later levels it becomes a necessary tactic at times, we are capping the number of times a person can do this to two per level.
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  2. Re: NES Elevator Action rules amendment

05-27-2010, 08:30 AM
    I never used that tatic lol but will now
  3. Re: NES Elevator Action rules amendment

05-27-2010, 12:51 PM
    Very interesting! I never knew this. Now maybe I can finally break 100,000! Although I question how this could ever be done by accident, I guess I shouldn't question a good thing.
  4. Re: NES Elevator Action rules amendment

05-27-2010, 01:15 PM
    It would be pretty easy, especially on a later, very hard level to not realize you skipped a red door... and also likely a gamer new to the title wouldn't know.

This came to light by viewing footage of a player intentionally missing a red door repeatedly so they'd reset to earlier in the level, which was back at it's original difficulty, to rack up hundreds of thousands of points.
    Patrick Scott Patterson

Twitter - @OriginalPSP
    WeGotOne.com
  5. Re: NES Elevator Action rules amendment

05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
    Great points, I can see how one could accidentally skip a red door given those circumstances.
  6. Re: NES Elevator Action rules amendment

05-27-2010, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BDP
    Great points, I can see how one could accidentally skip a red door given those circumstances.
    Actually, to be honest, in later levels, it's way better to miss one purposely and pray you'll survive back up there... especialy if it's on the other side of the bottom portions and the enemies are fast as all else. It's a gamble though..

Mr. Kelly R. Flewin
  7. 04-27-2017, 04:07 PM
    How convenient on my BD to amend rules on a score of mine!!!!!!!!!!
Join us