This poll is closed
  1. Intellivision - Auto Racing - NTSC/PAL - Track : 1 - 03:17.0 - AL Birman

04-27-2017, 01:40 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC/PAL - Track : 1
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=795
    Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console.

Submission Message
    Here is my submission for Intellivision AUTO RACING.

Course # 1

One race on this tape and it's five laps around the track.

The race starts at 0:12 seconds into the tape.

Final World Record time of 3:17 is shown at 3:42 on the tape.

Hardware shown after the race at 4:18 on the tape.

Enjoy !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks Cyriss_Zeal thanked this post
    Likes RaGeNyC, jmb, Cyriss_Zeal liked this post
  2. 04-27-2017, 01:47 PM
    With this submission, I'm at 20 World Records on Intellivision in just over two weeks.

I need a vacation !!!

Taking a break; but I'll be back with more exciting tapes.
  3. 04-27-2017, 05:14 PM
    So annoying to control. I remember trying to put together a good run years ago. Towel = Thrown the F in! LOL

Great job, man.............Accepted!
    Likes HugDD, ThroughtonsHeir liked this post
  4. 04-27-2017, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    So annoying to control. I remember trying to put together a good run years ago. Towel = Thrown the F in! LOL

Great job, man.............Accepted!

Thanks Rage !!
    Likes RaGeNyC liked this post
  5. 04-28-2017, 06:32 AM
    Picked up a plug-and-play last night, Colecovision as well.
    Cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist, I had very little exposure to the two systems growing up.

I'm wondering, Al-would the controllers for a plug and play work on a real system? It is a 9-pin connector, similar in shape to an Atari 2600 plug.

Was just thinking, they may be "better", but at the least, they would be "newer", less wear?

Just a thought on a relatively ***** way to get "new" controllers. Both P&P's only cost a little over 50$ combined(they were on sale).

I will check this game out today-hesitant, because it LOOKS great, but the exchange between you and RaGe about the controls scares me, haha!

Nice Job, Accepted!
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
    Thanks Intellivision Master thanked this post
    Likes HugDD, ThroughtonsHeir liked this post
  6. 04-28-2017, 06:33 AM
    Cheep.
    I never remember that, because it is the stupidest word to be censored in the history of words.
    ;)
    So they say
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
  7. 04-28-2017, 07:29 AM
    Alright, Man(triple post, going for a record).
    Get ready for a laugh, call me Intelliignorant.

I can't get this game to start?

I select the course. Then it says to select cars-the different numbers bring up different color bars, but no matter what I press, tried several different things, I can't get it to progress beyond the Select Cars menu...
    ?
    So they say
  8. 04-28-2017, 07:36 AM
    (Quad)
    N/M. For some reason, I have to press enter on the second controller for the game to start, mebbe is a Flashback thing.
    Wish I hadn't figured out how to start this game. Yur 100% dead-on, RaGe. F the control on this.

Having played it now, IM-
    Extra-Accepted!
    So they say
  9. 04-28-2017, 08:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    (Quad)
    N/M. For some reason, I have to press enter on the second controller for the game to start, mebbe is a Flashback thing.
    Wish I hadn't figured out how to start this game. Yur 100% dead-on, RaGe. F the control on this.

Extra-Accepted!

Thanks a lot!!

The trick to this game is very slight movements. Too much steering and you'll go into a barn. Also, there's car 1 to car 4. Car 1 is the slowest with good handling. Car 4 is the fastest, but you're going into a barn on those big turns. So choose the car wisely. Also, there's a "brake" button in case you start to lose control.

Its a 2 player game so you have to press "enter" for the second player to indicate "one player".

Re the remotes, inside the machine, it's a "chip plug-in". It's a unique plug-in that's only for Intellivision. No 9-pin. There's an Intellivision 2 system with a 9-pin plug; and maybe a sega controller will work; but in games where you use the keypad, I don't know what happens.

I'm sure many games (like auto racing), they designed it to be used wit the disc. I use a "sweep" motion with the disc to DRIFT around corners; I don't know if that could be done on an "x" controller pad like on the new systems.

On the plug N play, it will give you an idea of the game play, and likely 90% of the enjoyment factor; but it's not the same feel as the original with the disc. (Especially to someone like me who loves the disc).
    Thanks Rogerpoco, ThroughtonsHeir thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, ThroughtonsHeir liked this post
  10. 04-28-2017, 08:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    (Quad)

Extra-Accepted!

Ok my bad... I just read you bought the flashback. Yes, those controllers plug into the Intellivision 2 machine. You have BRAND NEW controllers. They will plug into the 9-pin of the Intellivision 2 system. It's a square white box (looks like the NES a bit). The Intellivision 2 plays every game except Donkey Kong and JR.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us