iOS - Crossy Road - Points - 1,537 - Jacob Spaulding

Is this Performance Claim valid?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 05-01-2017, 03:24 AM
    I'm not voting yes or not on this.

    Couple of really dumb questions, hope someone will induldge me - I've asked before and got no real reply about these sorts of tracks - but I'll try again.

    Playing games like this on iOS and Andriod - it's like a touch type game - you use your finger yes?

    How do we know you played on iOS? I didn't see your finger in the video - heck I didn't even see the iPad.

    Guessing you used some sort of iOS recording software - guess that's okay, but how do we know it was even a real iPad? How do we know it wasn't emulation.

    Not having a go at your personally, just the fact that TG is allowing these sorts of records to be submitted for all. Just seems weird to me. Arcade players have to show they are using original hardware from nearly 40 years ago when they submit scores, but modern gamers don't event show they are using real hardware let alone controlling it with their hands.

    Very weird.

    Nice score btw. I'm sure you did do it on a real iPad, but I'm not willing to get credibility points just because everyone will most like yes vote it.

    My personal opinion is that iPad and the Andriod platform are aimed at tablet games, and as such, the video should show the player playing it with their hands - not software capturing the video. /end <my 2 cents>
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 05-01-2017, 04:28 AM
    In the case of Crossy Road, the iOS version is the only version with an ingame recording option. This has, in the past, been sufficient proof that this was indeed performed on an iOS device. I don't know if there's an iOS emulator out there though?
    @Grair Vysa congratulations on an impressive score. I haven't played this game for months as an update around xmas or early this year (can't remember, feels like ages) made the game unplayable for me. The app would crash all the time both on my iPhone 6s and my daughters iPad2. Have you had those problems?
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 05-01-2017, 10:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by southendronnie View Post
    Well Jacob, what can i say , you have wiped my score off the planet. very well done sir, a fantastic set of skills, of which i doubt i can match.

    Its definitely shaken up this scoreboards and our (or my) big mouth. I am miles off this and think i will throw in the towel.
    For me this started as a charity exercise initiated by my 5 year old, to an interesting sporting battle with a 'foe' @Jacobspring, and i think it ends here for me. (last plug www.justgiving.com/ronnie-weston sorry)

    i just tried a moment ago and got 1170, way off.

    I hope we brought some entertainment to this track, and i hope now you and I meeting on Everyplay (with the 1million+ crossy road users) will help bring some interest to twin galaxies, as i think that's how you found us right?

    The king is dead, long live the king.

    Accepted

    Thank you good Sir, your score will not be forgotten, nor will all of the amazing work you've done for an inspiring charity cause. I will be donating as soon as possible, thank you for opening my eyes to the charity you run for. I found TwinGalaxies via email, when I contacted Hipster Whale about possible official in game leaderboards/score events in CR or DCR, to which they replied they would love to introduce them in the future, but for now I could find the best official scores here in this website. So glad I found it, and I too hope some activity on Everyplay will spark some more interest in this really fun game. I am currently working on a road to PB series, with other ideas in mind over there my username is Jacob Spaulding.

    Getting this score wasnt easy, I've only ever done better than that once, and that was when I got my PB of 1648. This is the best I've ever done while recording, though. If you don't want to push for higher scores I completely understand, it takes a lot of time, of which isn't always rediliy available these days (for my anyways). However, I can say with confidence, that I'm pretty sure the difficulty caps, or at least nearly levels off, around 1000-1200, after that it is sort of more about luck than skill, getting the right patching, and favorable forests can make all the difference. I hate using the term 'RNG'.... but I really do feel like it's mostly luck after a certain score, and seeing your replays on EveryPlay, I know you could best it eventually.

    Good luck in all your future endeavors friend.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, RonnieWeston thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, RonnieWeston liked this post
  4. 05-01-2017, 10:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by John73 View Post
    I'm not voting yes or not on this.

    Couple of really dumb questions, hope someone will induldge me - I've asked before and got no real reply about these sorts of tracks - but I'll try again.

    Playing games like this on iOS and Andriod - it's like a touch type game - you use your finger yes?

    How do we know you played on iOS? I didn't see your finger in the video - heck I didn't even see the iPad.

    Guessing you used some sort of iOS recording software - guess that's okay, but how do we know it was even a real iPad? How do we know it wasn't emulation.

    Not having a go at your personally, just the fact that TG is allowing these sorts of records to be submitted for all. Just seems weird to me. Arcade players have to show they are using original hardware from nearly 40 years ago when they submit scores, but modern gamers don't event show they are using real hardware let alone controlling it with their hands.

    Very weird.

    Nice score btw. I'm sure you did do it on a real iPad, but I'm not willing to get credibility points just because everyone will most like yes vote it.

    My personal opinion is that iPad and the Andriod platform are aimed at tablet games, and as such, the video should show the player playing it with their hands - not software capturing the video. /end <my 2 cents>
    i thought the same thing too actually, watching some other scores on here where people had to show equipment I thought maybe just the screen capture wouldn't be enough. There is an option, I believe, to also record via front facing camera on the Crossy Road app, I could use that I guess, and play with a mirror in between myself and the device, allowing you to see the device is a regular iPad, with no other programs running or anything... then the gameplay would be inverted which may be weird... and it would add quite a bit to the upload size (and for me time), with a 11 min+ recording of both facecam and game play. With my internet it wouldn't work I'd say, which is why I didn't ask attempt it. Just the gameplay you see here took an hour and a half to upload. But I completely see where you're coming from, and understand your reasoning for not voting, thank you for the explanation, too.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, John73 liked this post
  5. 05-01-2017, 11:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre View Post
    In the case of Crossy Road, the iOS version is the only version with an ingame recording option. This has, in the past, been sufficient proof that this was indeed performed on an iOS device. I don't know if there's an iOS emulator out there though?
    @Grair Vysa congratulations on an impressive score. I haven't played this game for months as an update around xmas or early this year (can't remember, feels like ages) made the game unplayable for me. The app would crash all the time both on my iPhone 6s and my daughters iPad2. Have you had those problems?
    Thank you, it was one of my best for sure. Unfortunate that you had problems after the xmas update, I didn't experience any on my iPad Air 2, but my friend did after an update on her iPhone 6 I believe, and on Disney Crossy Road I had some difficulties after an update about 6 months ago, forget which one, but it was fixed not long after, I think others were experiencing it too (game crashes mostly). I think I want to push for 1800 in the future... but for now I'm gonna focus on my road to PB series, and other games I think (unless someone beats this score right away, which would call for another attempt I think ;)).
  6. 05-01-2017, 11:03 AM
    You can always send a pic of your iPad showing the regulatory screen (to prove iOS device model) and a pic of your iPad showing the Crossy Road app displaying your personal best. Not iron clad but it's additional info.

    When I record iOS runs I always have a screen capture of some type. Lately I've been mirroring to my PC then screen recording on the PC using OBS. I'm always sure to show the regulatory screen to prove it's an iPhone 6S and show the desktop and that no other apps are running.
  7. 05-01-2017, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    You can always send a pic of your iPad showing the regulatory screen (to prove iOS device model) and a pic of your iPad showing the Crossy Road app displaying your personal best. Not iron clad but it's additional info.

    When I record iOS runs I always have a screen capture of some type. Lately I've been mirroring to my PC then screen recording on the PC using OBS. I'm always sure to show the regulatory screen to prove it's an iPhone 6S and show the desktop and that no other apps are running.
    Thanks! Great idea, next time I submit a run I'll for sure include some pics. Great idea with the PC mirror/OBS recording, too.
  8. 05-01-2017, 11:11 AM
    You can add photos in the comments too if you wanted. It doesn't have to be on the initial submission.
  9. 05-01-2017, 11:17 AM

    Accepted Excellent a Master Piece of Play & Congratulations Jacob a New World Record

    Jacob Here is a Suggestion Really Easy just Show the IOS Device your Setup just Before you Start Playing that will Please All Twin Galaxy Members


    Crossy Road Run Starts at :00-02 of the video

    Name:  2017_05_01_18_15_502.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  51.7 KB

    Name:  2017_05_01_18_16_463.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  59.5 KB

    iOS - Crossy Road - Points - 1,537 - Jacob Spaulding Final Score Can Be Seen at 11:10 of the video

    Name:  2017_05_01_18_04_221.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  55.1 KB

    JJT_DEFENDER

    Credibility: 21,971

    Submission Points: 11,723 + 60 for Sponsor = 11,783


    I JJT Dominate Presently the Modern Arcade Games 51 with First Place & Highest Scores & Fastest Times
    in 41 cities

    especially Fast & Furious Super Cars Undefeated against Players in a Best of 3,5,7 with 2,379 Victories in 6 years with only 36 Loses I live in Austin,Texas

    I live in Austin,Texas I JJT Johnny

    Play at Main Event, on Monday Night Madness 3 Specials for $10.95 Unlimited Game Card from 4pm to 2am in the Morning ,

    Dave n Busters Sunday $10.00 Unlimited Game Card from 10am to 12 Midnight

    some times Austin Park Amusement on Tuesday & Thursday $12.00 + $5.00 for Buffet & Unlimited Game Card


    I JJT Have No Problem Mastering Video Games. In Austin,Texas

    I JJT Johnny Live in Austin,Texas

    Your Welcome to Call Main Event,Dave n Busters in Austin,Texas, Austin Park Amusement & Bowling in Pflugeville,Tx

    The Managers, Tech & Workers Know Me Really well for Getting Highest Score & Fastest Times on different Modern Arcade Games.

    Come By Check My Scores & Times & Try to Beat them & Play Against Me.

    Adjudicated Video Submissions I JJT Johnny Got Wrong a Total of 30 in Twin Galaxy in Accepted, Rejected & Cancel Adjudication Archives &

    I JJT Johnny Correctly Adjudicated 11,783 at .99746042495% Accuracy

    Thanks Grair Vysa thanked this post
    Likes Grair Vysa liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us