3DO (Goldstar & Panasonic Models) - Total Eclipse - Points - 663,175 - Brandon Finton

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 3DO (Goldstar & Panasonic Models) - Total Eclipse - Points - 663,175 - Brandon Finton

03-01-2017, 08:40 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=207508
    Rules
    Factory settings. Controls can be player choice.
    Submission Message
    Only one run in the video. There are two accidental pauses because of the "special move" button location. There is one cheat that can be accessed by the pause menu but it's for 99 lives which can easily be seen that I didn't do that. I did not use the continue either. If it's not accepted because of the pausing then I will work on another submission but I'm wanting to see how this goes first. Any other "cheats" in the game is accessed by different menus but are only stage select and a free fly zone which wouldn't be needed for these kind of runs.

Thanks for watching!
  2. 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM
    LOL that cheesy guitar playing throughout seems so out of place. You un-paused quickly both times, no problem.

Score visible at 19:13 right before last life lost:

Name:  TE.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  34.9 KB

Accepted!
    Thanks Desidious, HugDD, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 03-02-2017, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RaGe View Post
    LOL that cheesy guitar playing throughout seems so out of place. You un-paused quickly both times, no problem.

Score visible at 19:13 right before last life lost:

Name:  TE.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  34.9 KB

Accepted!
    Everything on this seem cheesy or put of place. It won't stop me from getting further. I was recording a 2mil score before my computer decided it wasn't going to finish recording it so I'll be back at it again soon.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes RaGe, HugDD, JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 03-03-2017, 09:26 PM
    shame so advanced of a system for it's time had the damn price not been such a rip off, who knows how big it would have been!!!
  5. 03-05-2017, 09:41 AM
    Although the reflection of your Pac Man clock is good evidence that you did not edit any menu shenanigans out of this recording, I still think you should cancel this. If a precedent for the tolerance of pausing during gameplay is set, someone might try to use it unscrupulously. If getting this particular performance on the scoreboard is important to you, go ahead & take that risk. If not, I'd steer clear of bad precedents, if I were you
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 03-05-2017, 11:01 AM
    Accidental pauses have generally been accepted unless explicitly outlined as forbidden in the specific track rules, just FYI everyone.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  7. 03-05-2017, 11:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Although the reflection of your Pac Man clock is good evidence that you did not edit any menu shenanigans out of this recording, I still think you should cancel this. If a precedent for the tolerance of pausing during gameplay is set, someone might try to use it unscrupulously. If getting this particular performance on the scoreboard is important to you, go ahead & take that risk. If not, I'd steer clear of bad precedents, if I were you
    This score will be replaced soon enough. I wouldn't worry about accidental pauses so much as it does happen and in no way affects the gameplay in this aspect.
  8. 03-05-2017, 11:18 AM
    I'm constantly hitting the 2mil mark so in due time when I figure out the first boss a bit better I'll have another submission ready soon enough. :)
  9. 03-05-2017, 11:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    I wouldn't worry about accidental pauses so much as it does happen and in no way affects the gameplay in this aspect.
    Well, if that sort of thing is usually overlooked, I'm willing to join in, especially since Pac Man was marking time.
  10. 03-05-2017, 11:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    Well, if that sort of thing is usually overlooked, I'm willing to join in, especially since Pac Man was marking time.
    Have you watched my video? There's no clock visible since there's no way to show the score really well without the camera being close.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us