Metal Slug Anthology

1. Question Metal Slug Anthology - Choice of Controller Question

04-29-2017, 10:40 PM
    Hi, I'm 99% new here and already ready to submit some new scores for this game. However I play this game completely with a Game Cube controller. Is that allowed? I have read the rules on the game's main records page but would appreciate a confirmation before hand. Thanks!
    Last edited by Retro-Shark; 04-29-2017 at 11:58 PM.
  2. 05-02-2017, 01:44 AM
    Are you playing it on the Wii? I know the Wii has GameCube ports so that would be no problem. Does everything work though? As I recall you had to shake the wiimote in order to throw grenades?
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Thanks Retro-Shark thanked this post
  3. 05-02-2017, 11:13 AM
    Sorry for not mentioning but yes, I am asking about the Wii version with GameCube ports. I had read that only original controllers were allowed so I thought I had to play with a Wii Remote only. Also, yes all the controls work with the GameCube Controller. Since we're already on the subject, the Wii has so many play options - Wii Remote Only, Wii Remote + Nunchuck, Classic Controller, GameCube. As long as I choose any of these options with original controllers then I should be fine right? Thanks again.
  4. 05-02-2017, 11:34 AM
    If the Wii game accepts Gamecube controller use, then it is acceptable.

A similar situation would be using the Gamecube controller to play Wii Virtual Console games, which I have done in the past.
    Thanks Retro-Shark thanked this post
  5. 05-02-2017, 11:39 AM
    Awesome, thank you too. Two questions with one reply. Thanks for also clearing things up on any future Virtual Console submissions I might make.
    Likes starcrytas, spectre liked this post
Join us