7800 in a jamma cabinet

1. 7800 in a jamma cabinet

05-01-2017, 12:50 PM
    Hi everyone

if I put my original Atari 7800 in an upright cabinet and record the playback but play using the 4 way joystick from the Jamma rather than using the standard controller do you think I will have problems with adjudication ?

i mean a joystick is a joystick right? I know that people play with other joysticks than standard controller and it seems to be acceptable

I welcome peoples thoughts
    World Record Crossy Road iOS points
    http://www.ronnieweston.com
    Insta videogamesforcharity
  2. 05-01-2017, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by southendronnie View Post
    Hi everyone

if I put my original Atari 7800 in an upright cabinet and record the playback but play using the 4 way joystick from the Jamma rather than using the standard controller do you think I will have problems with adjudication ?

i mean a joystick is a joystick right? I know that people play with other joysticks than standard controller and it seems to be acceptable

I welcome peoples thoughts
    I personally see no issue with that. In the past, I have seen Atari 5200 scores go through under TSSAP using 3rd party controllers, and/or, a special connection with an X-Arcade tank stick. Just as long as the controller isnt modified, nor manipulated for uses that are not intented with the system, thus giving one a distinct advantage. Eg. Turbo fire, directional (4-8 way modifications) that gives a distinct advantage for unusual speed movements.

As long as you show in your video the system and cart, and the proper difficulty settings proving you arent using any emulation inside your cabinet, I am personally cool with it. (Even with some of the 2600 games that are compatible with the 7800 is OK)
    Last edited by Marcade; 05-01-2017 at 01:21 PM.
    Likes RonnieWeston liked this post
  3. 05-01-2017, 01:36 PM
    Excellent thanks for taking time to reply
    World Record Crossy Road iOS points
    http://www.ronnieweston.com
    Insta videogamesforcharity
    Likes francoisadt liked this post
Join us