- Jeremy Young

1. - Jeremy Young

03-17-2015, 09:09 PM
    The following score was accepted on March 12, 2015 at 1:21 AM (EDT). It is now missing from the "Accepted" forum with no indication of who removed it or why.

Nintendo Game Cube - Sonic Mega Collection - NTSC - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Sonic [Fastest Minimalist Completion] [TGTS] - 37:12.00 - Jared Oswald

There was some disagreement on the actual time achieved (I concluded it was closer to 38:44.00) and the submitter even re-submitted the performance with a different time and asked for the old submission be removed. TG has made a point to say, on multiple occasions, that no pending submissions will be deleted...but here is a case where a submission as been deleted after it was already "successfully" adjudicated. Can we get some clarification on this particular case? How did this affect Credibility and Submission Points? While I agree that the original submission should have been rejected, I'm not sure quietly removing a submission is the best course of action.
  2. 08-25-2015, 12:17 AM

Jeremy's question was posted on March 18, 2015.

As of today, more than 5 months have elapsed. There has been no official TG response.

Unlike other adjudication reversals, why has this submission seemingly vanished without a trace?

Likes ssdninja, creech liked this post
  3. 08-25-2015, 02:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

Jeremy's question was posted on March 18, 2015.

As of today, more than 5 months have elapsed. There has been no official TG response.

Unlike other adjudication reversals, why has this submission seemingly vanished without a trace?

Is this referring to this adjudication?

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...0+Jared+Oswald

Or this one?

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...t=jared+oswald

In the meanwhile we will continue to look into this...
  4. 08-25-2015, 03:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post

The original submission is this one (currently a broken link):

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...0-Jared-Oswald

The submission was accepted on March 12, 2015 at 1:21 AM (EDT).

From the "Last Completed Adjudications" shoutbox tab on that date:

* trivia212005 's submission Nintendo Game Cube - Sonic Mega Collection - NTSC - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Sonic [Fastest Minimalist Completion] [TGTS] - 37:12.00 - Jared Oswald* [01:21 AM]

Approximately 9 hours later, the adjudication outcome was questioned (by me). That discussion begins here:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...l=1#post758926

Within the next 24 hours, the following occurred:

• The submitted time of 37:12 was removed from the scoreboard
    • Members who voted "Accept" had 3 CR points deducted
    • Members who voted "Reject" had 5 CR points added (reversing the standard penalty at that time)
    • The original submission topic was either deleted or moved to an inaccessible area of the forum

The CR adjustments listed above represent only 1/2 of the typical correction; the CR data shifts should have been -8 and +8 respectively. The submission topic should also have been moved to the "Rejected" archive. Instead, it disappeared as if it never happened.

Why the inconsistent handling of this particular adjudication reversal?

5. 10-28-2015, 12:07 PM
    Here suggestion take it to speedrun.com,speedrunslive.com,speeddemosarchive.c om or one of the other video game speed run sites so it can be checked and verified precisely and correctly and later Adjudicated by Twin Galaxies members it will show the exact times when it starts and finishes.
  6. 04-22-2017, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by xelnia View Post
    The following score was accepted on March 12, 2015 at 1:21 AM (EDT). It is now missing from the "Accepted" forum with no indication of who removed it or why.

Nintendo Game Cube - Sonic Mega Collection - NTSC - Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Sonic [Fastest Minimalist Completion] [TGTS] - 37:12.00 - Jared Oswald

There was some disagreement on the actual time achieved (I concluded it was closer to 38:44.00) and the submitter even re-submitted the performance with a different time and asked for the old submission be removed. TG has made a point to say, on multiple occasions, that no pending submissions will be deleted...but here is a case where a submission has been deleted after it was already "successfully" adjudicated. Can we get some clarification on this particular case? How did this affect Credibility and Submission Points? While I agree that the original submission should have been rejected, I'm not sure quietly removing a submission is the best course of action.

So here we are . . . more than 2 years later.

Jeremy's question has never been answered.

We are still waiting for an explanation.

Acknowledgement of a TG error would be better than nothing (example below):

"Someone mistakenly deleted the submission. It should not have happened. Sorry about that."

Ignoring the issue will NOT make it go away.

Likes xelnia liked this post
Join us