PreSubmission Concerns - Need Opinions from past Experiences

1. Question PreSubmission Concerns - Need Opinions from past Experiences

05-04-2017, 10:15 PM
    EDIT: Please read reply-update at the bottom, thank you.

Hello to all, I have very recently joined this community and have my first score (Metal Slug specifically) ready to submit to the site. Let me backtrack for a bit however, I had originally planned to have 2 videos ready for this single submission.

One crystal clear video for HD enthusiasts which was supposed to be captured by the capture card I mention in the second video. Then I would have the second video which I shall link to at the end of this. The first video was not captured because of being a: "I get what I paid for" capture card. The second video was mostly successfully captured by my iPad recording the TV.

I say mostly because of a "hiccup" near the beginning of the video which has the video freeze for around 4 seconds. This "hiccup" starts at 3:00 minutes of the video. I watched the rest and it seems to be the only "hiccup" in it. This is my biggest and only concern for this video being rejected. Unless others with expertise in adjudication find anything else that could incorrectly flag my submission. I ask before submitting because this is my very first submission and I don't want it to also be my first rejection and cause any other negative impacts to my profile.
    Last edited by Retro-Shark; 05-18-2017 at 12:22 AM.
  2. 05-17-2017, 10:47 PM
    UPDATE: I didn't get replies but it no longer matters. I just finished recording another play with my new equipment. I will finally be able to submit my first record to the site pretty soon! I'm also going to delete the video here making this thread completely useless.
    Likes TWIN GALAXIES, francoisadt liked this post
  3. 05-18-2017, 12:37 AM
    Hey Kevin, sorry I came across your post this late! I had something similar occur in my first submission, the recording glitched/blurred for a brief moment at one point, but no one seemed to either notice nor say anything in my thread. When things are brief, such as an accidental pause, or something beyond the gamer's control, the community tends to be understanding. I'm thinking whatever happened in your run, it may have let slide. I look forward to your first submission, cheers! -Duc
    My best streamed game of Centipede: https://secure.twitch.tv/gallopinggh...ade/v/51955812 (786k, clean, no cussing for those who may be concerned)

Nothing should be enough for people to vote world records or other records. Completely insane practise. -Janutzska

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world... While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here. - Jessica Chastain
    Thanks HAN, Retro-Shark thanked this post
    Likes HAN, Retro-Shark liked this post
  4. 05-18-2017, 09:51 AM
    Better late than never. I still thank you as your opinion will still help me out in case I'm stuck in a similar situation in the future. So thanks again!
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
Join us