This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Sprint 2 [set 1] - Points - 524 - John McAllister

05-28-2017, 09:14 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=1492
    Rules
    Dip Switch Bank:
    1-8 = ON
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Oil Slicks Added To Track
    Extended Play On
    Time: 150 Seconds
    Special Rules: Score is regardless of track selected.
    Submission Message
    Attempt begins at around 2:46 and ends around 6:20. Performed at Funspot
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, RaGe liked this post
  2. 05-28-2017, 09:23 PM
    Attempt begins around 4:45 left in the video.
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
  3. 05-28-2017, 09:32 PM
    I witnessed this game at Funspot. We also verified that in MAME "150 seconds" play time equals 100 "time units" in the game. Each game time unit is more than 1 actual second. You can see in the video that track 1 is selected, the oil slicks are on and extended play is active.
    Greg Laue
    Thanks Fordy, HugDD thanked this post
  4. 05-29-2017, 12:02 PM
    Nice job!! Accepted!
    Thanks redelf thanked this post
  5. 05-29-2017, 04:54 PM
    Holy Cow, John !!! You're incredible at this game.

I remember playing it in the arcade and loving it. Loved the full-color version as well.

I've never seen anyone play this game at your skill level.

Amazing performance!

ACCEPTED.

6. 05-30-2017, 04:03 AM
    WOW! That was insane!

if only you had one less crash, you would have smashed the record!

Great performance John!
    Likes DadsGlasses liked this post
  7. 05-30-2017, 02:14 PM
    Great score John. I'm voting yes.

Here's a link to a discussion where I congratulate the first person to get 524 on this game and question the former top two scores as being done on incorrect settings. Since you just played this game at Funspot I'd be interested to hear if you think that it's more likely that this game was on the incorrect settings when these score were done back in 2006 or do you think they just decided to walk away and not play the bonus time?

In that thread I wished for a video of his game. Thanks for sharing yours. It makes it real easy to verify that you played on the correct settings.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...ghlight=sprint
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  8. 05-30-2017, 02:18 PM
    I see the scores in question were not set in 2006 but it won't let me edit. First score was done in 2001 and the other in 2007.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
  9. 05-30-2017, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    Great score John. I'm voting yes.

Here's a link to a discussion where I congratulate the first person to get 524 on this game and question the former top two scores as being done on incorrect settings. Since you just played this game at Funspot I'd be interested to hear if you think that it's more likely that this game was on the incorrect settings when these score were done back in 2006 or do you think they just decided to walk away and not play the bonus time?

In that thread I wished for a video of his game. Thanks for sharing yours. It makes it real easy to verify that you played on the correct settings.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthre...ghlight=sprint
    We talked to Brian Kuh and he said on his score he went long enough to get the record and then quit the game. It was during one of his multiple records in one day attempts so he didn't want to waste time.
    Greg Laue
    Thanks D.B. Cooper, HugDD, nads thanked this post
  10. 05-31-2017, 05:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    WOW! That was insane!

if only you had one less crash, you would have smashed the record!

Great performance John!
    I had a game where I didn't crash in the first 100 time units, but then sadly I crashed 3 or more times in the bonus time and came up a few points short. We've been playing doubles and I got a 540, without that one extra car to get in your way makes the game so much easier. We will get the doubles scores up soon.
    Likes DadsGlasses, bensweeneyonbass, nads liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us