Arcade - Tempest - Points [Marathon, Starting Up to Wave 81] - 72 - Jeffrey Livingston

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Tempest - Points [Marathon, Starting Up to Wave 81] - 72 - Jeffrey Livingston

05-31-2017, 08:31 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Vzaar Video Url:

Points [Marathon, Starting Up to Wave 81]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=7218
    Rules
    Settings of 8-Toggle Switch on Tempest Analog Vector-Generator PCB (at L12)
    1-8 = ON
    Settings of 4-Toggle Switch on Auxillary PCB (at D/E2)
    1 = OFF/UNUSED
    OFF
    3-4 = ON
    Settings of 8-Toggle Switch on Tempest Analog Vector-Generator PCB (at N13)
    1-8 = ON
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title;
    Lives: 3
    Bonus Life: Every 20,000 Points
    Difficulty: Medium
    Special Rules: You may start your game from from any available Wave, 1 to 81.
    Submission Message
    Submitted score for Atari Tempest, cocktail cabinet, which has all original factory parts to the best of my knowledge.
    Tempest [Points [Marathon, Starting Up To Wave 81 Max]]
    Score recorded 5/3/2017.
    I am the owner of the game, which is located in my home.

Video #1 is the game play,
    Video #2 shows opening the game cabinet, removing pcb's and a visual scan of the boards, as well as a shot of the monitor showing the high score list once more.

Main PCB Markings:
    A037383
    Test M Jan 18 1982
    Stamped number: 057238
    serial number (sticker) 21812

Aux PCB markings:
    A037585
    Stamped number: 051302

One other detail to include: I had one dipswitch setting that varied from the specified settings: switch 7 on N13 (coin mode dipswitches) is on, which switches the coin mode to free play.
    Free play has no effect on gameplay. I have it set to free play for two reasons, one because it sits in my home, and two, because the coin mech's on my game do not work anymore.
    Note, if there are questions about the acceptability of the free play dipswitch setting, please refer to the discussion thread in my previous (accepted) Tempest score submission (Tempest [Points [Marathon, Starting Up to Wave 9]]): https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/160919
    Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. 05-31-2017, 08:53 AM
    There is an error in the entered score for this submission. It is listed at 72 but should be 990133.
    I emailed TG to see if they could correct the entry, but for now please just review and it'll hopefully get corrected soon.
    -Jeff L
  3. 05-31-2017, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jefe View Post
    There is an error in the entered score for this submission. It is listed at 72 but should be 990133.
    I emailed TG to see if they could correct the entry, but for now please just review and it'll hopefully get corrected soon.
    -Jeff L
    Submissions are never edited. To get your 990,133 point score adjudicated, you will have to make another submission.

Hopefully, both your recordings will upload successfully into the next submission's thread. This is one of my favourite games, so I look forward to seeing the recording.
  4. 05-31-2017, 09:11 AM
    There is no mechanism for correcting a submission error? That is rather unfortunate. I'm out of submission points to make another submission, so I'll have to earn more before I can submit again.
  5. 05-31-2017, 09:28 AM
    If you are going to resubmit, you might double check the video also. Not sure why, if it's still processing or something, but the gameplay video is "unplayable" for me.
  6. 06-02-2017, 05:02 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jefe View Post
    There is no mechanism for correcting a submission error? That is rather unfortunate. I'm out of submission points to make another submission, so I'll have to earn more before I can submit again.
    Don't fret sir. Vote on a few submissions. It's easy as Sunday Morning. Scrap together those sub points and have another go.

Look forward to viewing some Tempest.
    Likes bensweeneyonbass liked this post
Join us