Arcade - Super Punch-Out!! - Points - 1,917,800 - Zachary Allard

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 06-10-2017, 07:08 PM
    JJT, you can keep posting that manual pdf and that one screenshot of mine if you want, but that doesn't make you any less wrong.

You don't even need to be an expert of this game to turn on the test menu and look at what I+K correspond to in MAME, so your claim to you and Jack(?) being experts of Super Punch Out doesn't even matter, lol. Just stop being a lazy verifier and test it for yourself instead of regurgitating the exact same info ad nauseum every single post.
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  2. 06-10-2017, 07:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    The rules could be better worded, certainly, but submitter is not helping the situation by providing incorrect information. His errors are minor, though, and adjudicators should appreciate his efforts to clarify matters. First error is:-

MAME also displays "garbage", when it starts the Super Punch-Out!! machine.

Second error is:-

"Difficulty 2" refers to the level two settings, which are "Difficulty: Medium" and "Time: Long". Perhaps confusingly, a ʻ1ʼ indicates that the "Difficulty" and "Time" switches are set at this second level.

So, player has used correct (level two) settings, and rules are badly written. TG business as usual.
    I've never seen MAME display garbage whenever Super Punch Out boots up. Is there a particular version of MAME you use that does this? I've just checked it right now with 0.154, and it only has a black screen before the game boots up. At any rate, it's good to know, thanks for letting me know that.

As far as the labeling that TG uses, it is correct that it is the 2nd level of difficulty out of the 4 available, which of the 4 selectable difficulties on the PCB (0/1/2/3) is obviously 1, which is what my screen shows. It's confusing for sure, especially if you isolate yourself to only looking at the screenshot in my submission video and completely ignore all context surrounding it.
  3. 06-10-2017, 07:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zallard1 View Post
    Is there a particular version of MAME you use that does this?
    Tested in Wolf MAME 183.
    Likes zallard1 liked this post
  4. 06-10-2017, 07:16 PM
    Ask Twin Galaxy to Change It

Because I JJT Johnny if I Had the Arcade Game Super Punch-Out can Triple your Score

Quote Originally Posted by zallard1 View Post
    I've never seen MAME display garbage whenever Super Punch Out boots up. Is there a particular version of MAME you use that does this? I've just checked it right now with 0.154, and it only has a black screen before the game boots up. At any rate, it's good to know, thanks for letting me know that.

As far as the labeling that TG uses, it is correct that it is the 2nd level of difficulty out of the 4 available, which of the 4 selectable difficulties on the PCB (0/1/2/3) is obviously 1, which is what my screen shows. It's confusing for sure, especially if you isolate yourself to only looking at the screenshot in my submission video and completely ignore all context surrounding it.
  5. 06-10-2017, 07:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt_defender View Post
    Ask Twin Galaxy to Change It

Because I JJT Johnny if I Had the Arcade Game Super Punch-Out can Triple your Score
    Hahahahahahaha
  6. 06-10-2017, 07:23 PM
    Just tested on wolf 169 and 183 and there is no displayed garbage at boot.
    Thanks zallard1, HugDD thanked this post
  7. 06-10-2017, 07:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by creech View Post
    Just tested on wolf 169 and 183 and there is no displayed garbage at boot.
    Oh huh, ok. Thanks for testing this out.
  8. 06-10-2017, 07:49 PM
    Zallard is absolutely correct. The error is in the Difficulty rules, not with the submission. This is certainly a valid attempt.
    Thanks zallard1 thanked this post
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  9. 06-10-2017, 07:57 PM
    You Zachary Play the Modern Arcade Racing Game Fast & Furious Super Cars
    What's Up!
  10. 06-10-2017, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jjt_defender View Post
    You Zachary Play the Modern Arcade Racing Game Fast & Furious Super Cars
    What's Up!
    Hi JJT, maybe just private message Zallard if you want to discuss other games.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Join us