Accepting Analogue NT Mini as an acceptable console for NES submissions

1. Accepting Analogue NT Mini as an acceptable console for NES submissions

06-11-2017, 03:19 PM
    Hey TG community.

So I was curious to what everyones thoughts where on allowing the Analogue NT Mini as being an acceptable console to submit NES games on. I know there is a huge mass that insists it must be original hardware and the like, but there are becoming new consoles that allow for HD Nes play now and was thinking some of them should be acceptable. For this article it's the Analogue NT Mini. It does not emulate games or the NES hardware, it simulates the NES hardware to perfection. It has some incredible options you can change and choose from if you wish, but strictly for submission purposes, it simulates the console. Here's an email that they sent to me when I asked whether the Analogue NT Mini emulates or not. Let me know what you guys think. Also, the video images are so much better to see when recording live because the image is displayed from you HD TV without the image being stretched like the NES image does when you use just the A/V cables. Let me know what you guys think.

Analogue Support (Analogue) To Nelskyl

Jun 2 at 8:27 PM
    ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
    Your request (2790) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Analogue Support (Analogue)
    Jun 2, 6:26 PM PDT
    Hi Nelskyl,
    The Nt Mini uses a Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) chip to directly *simulate* the hardware of the NES and Famicom on the hardware level, rather than running software that emulates the systems. The result is a console that plays games identically and direct from the hardware of the unit as original systems would. Let me know if you have anymore questions on how we've used the FPGA in the new Nt.
    Happy Friday,
    Wiggin at Analogue

Thanks Troy, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Troy liked this post
  2. 06-11-2017, 09:51 PM
    I'm pretty sure submission using the first Analogue NT has been accpeted. I also think that clone consoles like the Retron5 has been allowed.
    [Twitch: spectredk],[Youtube: spring79],[Twitter: @Sp3c7r3DK]
    aka Jacob Spring and Twin Galaxies Arcade World Record holder on Metal Slug Supervehicle-001
    Thanks Troy, datagod thanked this post
  3. 06-17-2017, 03:23 PM
    Yet to have one in hand so can't comment on something that I have not used - however - I don't see any problems with using one for run submission. Will be nice to see crystal clear videos instead of horrible quality junk that I can hardly tell the score on.
  4. 06-17-2017, 03:28 PM
    I would be interested to learn more about the difference between "simulate" and "emulate"?
    Thanks Troy thanked this post
  5. 06-17-2017, 03:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DadsGlasses View Post
    I would be interested to learn more about the difference between "simulate" and "emulate"?
    Wish I had one in hand to find out. All the reviews say it is spectacular and has no lag or slow down issues of any of the other clones. That it looks and feels exactly the same as a NES but the graphics look better.
  6. 06-17-2017, 03:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Wish I had one in hand to find out. All the reviews say it is spectacular and has no lag or slow down issues of any of the other clones. That it looks and feels exactly the same as a NES but the graphics look better.
    I'm in the same boat. I would love to test one out. My only issue is I'm not sure I want to spend $450+ when I have a perfectly good NES. I can definitely appreciate the benefits it offers, just not sure it's worth it for me personally.
  7. 06-17-2017, 03:34 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I would love to test one out. My only issue is I'm not sure I want to spend $450+ when I have a perfectly good NES. I can definitely appreciate the benefits it offers, just not sure it's worth it for me personally.
    Completely with you on price. Though being able to hook it up through HDMI ( as I don't have a modded NES with HDMI ) would be a huge value on being able to play on something other then this old crt. Worth the cost? To each his own I guess....Who knows without trying.
  8. 06-17-2017, 03:40 PM
    Completely with you on price. Though being able to hook it up through HDMI ( as I don't have a modded NES with HDMI ) would be a huge value on being able to play on something other then this old crt. Worth the cost? To each his own I guess....Who knows without trying.
    I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the unit isn't worth he cost. I'm just not sure it's worth it for me. With a fully functional NES, I've got other items on the wish list that will come first.

Also, whether or not TG allows submissions plays a role.
  9. 06-17-2017, 03:42 PM
    I agree. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the unit isn't worth he cost. I'm just not sure it's worth it for me. With a fully functional NES, I've got other items on the wish list that will come first.

Also, whether or not TG allows submissions plays a role.
    That it does. As was mentioned before have people not already submitted runs with both Flash Carts and retcon cloned systems that both are surely farther away from a original NES then this?
  10. 06-17-2017, 03:44 PM
    That it does. As was mentioned before have people not already submitted runs with both Flash Carts and retcon cloned systems that both are surely farther away from a original NES then this?
    Flash Carts are not "away" from original. You have the same rom image playing on original carts.

The console hardware is what really makes the difference between original and emulation.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Join us