MGLXXXII - Game 4 ~ Frogger (closes 2-Jul)

1. 06-27-2017, 09:11 AM
    I've always thought it would be interesting to have a "time trial" track for Frogger for clearing the first full loop of 5 screens as quickly as possible as that would give enough screens for a fair bit of optimization work and also enough difficulty to amp the speed vs. risk factor up a notch.
    Likes francoisadt liked this post
  2. 06-27-2017, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gstrain View Post
    I've always thought it would be interesting to have a "time trial" track for Frogger for clearing the first full loop of 5 screens as quickly as possible as that would give enough screens for a fair bit of optimization work and also enough difficulty to amp the speed vs. risk factor up a notch.
    Hi George,

That sounds like a great idea. If you would like to create the track at TG, I would be happy to donate 10 of my submission points to the track. Perhaps @francoisadt and @***PL*** would also support the track?

Arcade Runner - at Twin Galaxies - on now!

https://www.twingalaxies.com/ooo
  3. 06-28-2017, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by OOO View Post
    That sounds like a great idea. If you would like to create the track at TG, I would be happy to donate 10 of my submission points to the track. Perhaps @francoisadt and @***PL*** would also support the track?
    This is a very interesting idea! I'll support it, but I have no submission points to give for the cause.

AFIK, the unofficial record for just the first screen is 5300 (frogf) by German Krol... so do you think 23000 points for the first five is possible?

Oh, I just realized it would be based on time, not score. Anyway, I typically do them in under 5 minutes, so that could be improved.
    Last edited by ***PL***; 06-28-2017 at 06:30 PM.
  4. 06-30-2017, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ***PL*** View Post
    Oh, I just realized it would be based on time, not score. Anyway, I typically do them in under 5 minutes, so that could be improved.
    Well waiting for @gstrain to provide further feedback. If you do not have any submission points that's OK, others may support the track and maybe in the future you may also.

5. 06-30-2017, 03:18 AM
    Day 15 of 17 ...

This game is so popular, they even made a watch version, for those who needed more Frogger ...

6. 06-30-2017, 04:44 AM
    I wanted to ask you @***PL*** , there are only 2 days to go until Frogger closes in MGLXXXII, would you like to go for the WR and post your highest score achieved in this competition? Submissions close at 5am EDT on Sunday, so just maybe it happens!

7. 07-01-2017, 06:23 AM
    Day 16 of 17 ...

Only 1 day to go until this game is closed.

Take your chances ...

8. 07-02-2017, 04:45 AM
    Day 17 of 17. Score submissions for Game 4 Frogger is now closed.

The final scoreboard standings are below ...

Foot, Barra, Snjspiteri, DaLar, Rat and RMacauley all hit excellent scores over 50K to take out 2nd place to 7th place respectively … nice jumping!

Congratulations to John73 for winning Game 4 with some masterful vehicle avoidance and timely log and turtle back jumping …

Asteroids and Circus Charlie are currently in play, Game 5 and Game 6.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Join us