Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragon Defender - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 76,300 - Roger 111

Is this a valid score?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragon Defender - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 76,300 - Roger 111

06-22-2017, 08:33 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=13890
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message

Only run, just around 30 seconds in, hardware/bootup shown in beginning.
    Not Word Zapper.
    But getting through the 30-40k level(it changes every 10k)is crazy, you can't see the enemies!
    TBH, I played this w/o taping, checking it out, 50k w/o dying, turned it off to tape me destroying this game.
    Took a good half hour to replicate it, haha, ALWAYS RECORD!
    One to have fun with, this can probably be beaten, but I beat the monkey out of an old score, all good!
    Thanks Everyone!!!
  2. 06-22-2017, 10:03 PM
    Upload process may have failed me this time, a back-up youtube vid:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rMaUlrhCFwI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorry, Thanks!
    Wubalubadubdub!
  3. 06-23-2017, 03:06 AM
    Hey Roger,

Im just not sure on this one.

It was only ever a PAL release, using a converted rom, surely means you are not playing the original rom.

Which you couldn't submit to NTSC

I know there is a score on the board for this, but I'll skip on voting for now
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
  4. 06-23-2017, 04:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nads View Post
    Hey Roger,

Im just not sure on this one.

It was only ever a PAL release, using a converted rom, surely means you are not playing the original rom.

Which you couldn't submit to NTSC

I know there is a score on the board for this, but I'll skip on voting for now
    I agree!

I have a Dragon Defender cartridge, the game must be tracked as PAL.

David Yancey have a record for NTSC, this a referee mistake, this thread must be added in scoreboard errors topic.
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Former Twin Galaxies Referee
    Metroid Team Member from Brazil
    Likes nads liked this post
  5. 06-23-2017, 05:17 AM
    Just to add to this:
    http://atariage.com/software_conversions.php

It was never officially released on NTSC, that is true. The ROM is part of a AtariAge service where they have programmers re-code PAL games specially to work on NTSC systems.

I know Prototypes and Homebrews are tracked for other systems. Because of this I would say that this could be tracked. Harmony is an allowed device.
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 06-23-2017, 06:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by swaggers View Post
    Just to add to this:
    http://atariage.com/software_conversions.php

It was never officially released on NTSC, that is true. The ROM is part of a AtariAge service where they have programmers re-code PAL games specially to work on NTSC systems.

I know Prototypes and Homebrews are tracked for other systems. Because of this I would say that this could be tracked. Harmony is an allowed device.
    Thanks, Swaggers.
    I can see both sides of this, but it seems as if most of the tracks here listed as NTSC that are not NTSC have a conversion version.
    I can't imagine such a standard mistake would be made with so many games, so I believe the conversion versions are what the tracks were founded on.

I didn't have to dig so deep on EMU, as Stella plays PAL games, but on real hardware I have to find a conversion or not play the game.

Darn It! Haha. I've been kinda MIA for a couple days, working hard on one thing, believe it or not. Was trying to start being more low-key...
    I guess not.
    :)
    Wubalubadubdub!
    Likes DadsGlasses liked this post
  7. 07-15-2017, 11:47 AM
    If someone used, lets say the pal rom of a game that has an ntsc version on the ntsc system i would absolutely have an issues as its the wrong rom. Here though the argument is whether the track itself should even exist. Once we accept the track exists, and there was no ntsc rom, it seems to me the intention was to allow this. I'm fine with this. Its not like its giving roger an unfair advantage over someone playing on the original ntsc rom, since after all, thats not even possible.

I'm fine with accepting if thats the only issue.
    Likes danman1234 liked this post
  8. 07-15-2017, 11:56 AM
    I'm a little torn myself, I do believe this should go through, but I do think it is an area to be reexamined.
    I didn't understand before, I do now-to hardcore PAL owners, PAL is PAL. It's a different thing, exclusive to those that have it, and should be left alone.
    I understand and agree with their sentiments, it isn't haughty or special on their part, it just is what it is.

Again, every part of me believes I beat a score performed with the exact same conditions, so it should be accepted(no worries, NOT begging for it, lol!), but somehow there needs to be a differentiation with the conversion tracks in the future.
    Wubalubadubdub!
  9. 07-15-2017, 01:57 PM
    I don't agree this shouldn't go through.
  10. 07-15-2017, 02:09 PM
    No worries-
    I think you know, respecting your opinion is one of the reasons I have altered mine on the PAL issue, and I don't back off from respecting your opinion one tiny bit.
    We ARE allowed to disagree without conflict, I love that here, and to be fair I think your opinion is more passionate on the subject than mine.
    Again, never a worry from me for someone to see things different than I do, I've been both right AND wrong a lot in my life.
    Wubalubadubdub!
    Likes nads liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us