Novelty - Scientific Batting Practice - Hit as many balls into the stands as you can in the time allotted - 8 - William McEvoy

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Novelty - Scientific Batting Practice - Hit as many balls into the stands as you can in the time allotted - 8 - William McEvoy

06-30-2017, 06:15 AM
    vzaar-player

Hit as many balls into the stands as you can in the time allotted
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=208691
    Rules
    Scientific Batting Practice, manufactured by Scientific Machine Corp is a game where a ball rolls down the ramp and the player has to pull a lever which swings a metal bat. This is a single player game. Hit each ball as it rolls off the ramp.The goal is to hit the ball into the stands. Points are awarded for every ball that goes into the stands and does not bounce out or otherwise land on the play-field.
    Submission Message
    This old game looks to be about 60 years old or more and had a very rough playfield. The marquee was still vibrant and in excellent condition. Brian Kuh watched as I played, and suggested that this machine may be some sort of counterfeit from the 50's, built to look like a machine from the 30's with intentional weathering of the various parts.

We looked around the machine and could not find a manufacturer's mark. Regardless, it is an interesting machine.
    Likes Patrick Fenton, Troy, RaGe liked this post
  2. 06-30-2017, 09:54 AM
    Accepted! Great batting, where did you find all these novelty games?
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 06-30-2017, 11:20 AM

I've seen the scouting report on the shortstop:

Excellent range.

Strong throwing arm.

No head.

Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Max, Troy, datagod, RaGe, HugDD liked this post
  4. 06-30-2017, 02:46 PM
    Really enjoying all these classic fun machines.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  5. 06-30-2017, 08:53 PM
    Don't thank me man, thank you for showing the videos!
  6. 06-30-2017, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Don't thank me man, thank you for showing the videos!
    I never gave these old machines proper resect when I was a kid. I want to play arcade games, ones with full color and cool new features.

Now that I have much more wisdom, I can look at these machines and see how beautiful they are, and how fun they are to play. Upper Deck is my favorite of all of them. The sounds are truly impressive for a 1972 machines. Even better than the crowd cheering and honking on the Intellivision, which was a much newer machine.

Thanks for watching.

I will be doing more over the following week.
    Your friend, datagod

~~Raspberry Pi Enthusiast~~
    Thanks Troy thanked this post
    Likes Troy, nads liked this post
  7. 06-30-2017, 11:00 PM
    I remember playing classics like this back in the early 70's... Well played William... Accepted!!!
    I read that these were manufactured in 1941. Makes sense as this one looks like its been thru the war.
    Likes RaGe, HugDD, datagod liked this post
Join us