This poll is closed
  1. Intellivision Flashback - Bomb Squad - Level 1-1 - 26:09.0 - Roger 111

07-10-2017, 03:03 PM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Level 1-1
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=208795
    Rules
    Select ONE digit and Skill Level ONE. Disarm the bomb. Your time remaining on the clock after you disarm the bomb is your score.

You must complete a minimum of three successful circuit repairs on each digit before guessing the code number for each digit.
    Submission Message

Hardware shown in beginning, one quick reset, I got distracted, game begins just after 55 seconds.

Dealio-This game was unquestionably on my "I will never play this" list. I mentioned in INT Masters sub on this that I thought it sounded exactly like it feels to wake up from a nightmare, still do.
    But I got friends in low places, and when one asks you to do something, you give it the old college try.
    :)
    I don't expect this to stick, or even be a great time, but I am pretty surprised I beat it in a day(second time I played it, actually, but spent all day pushing it up-I almost submitted a 12.20 or something this morning, ha!
    No overlay, and this one is a finger-dancing monster, proud of that too.
    This game seems like one to only be challenged by people very good with the entire remote, no idea how I pulled this one off.
    Thanks Everyone! I'm a Hero! The game said so!
    Likes RaGe liked this post
  2. 07-10-2017, 05:12 PM
    Absolutely incredible!

You look like an experienced bomb squad player.

You Went to each section of the grid with determination.... I like it !!

ACCEPTED!

Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 07-10-2017, 05:29 PM
    I truly didn't know if this was good or not-I made one mistake, but I def was very intent on everything I did, thanks, Al!
    Almost posted a pen-and-paper pic, but mebbe I do a little too much sharing. Even tho it was only one day, I may have put more brain-power into accomplishing this than anything other than Burgertime, seriously, pen-and-paper stuff.

It is really awesome to disarm the bomb, you feel "Wow!" when you do it, I said I would never play this game, but I am looking for an Intellivoice now...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Likes Intellivision Master liked this post
  4. 07-10-2017, 05:30 PM
    Ugh, well I did post the pic, lol.
    Secrets are out!!!
    :(
    Oops...
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
  5. 07-10-2017, 05:43 PM
    I know from experience. when you learn games like this from scratch and master everything that the programmer throws at you, it's a great feeling of accomplishment.

Congratulations Roger !

And I love the diagram. Don't worry about releasing your secrets, It only helps the person who made it.

Here's mine. I made it in 1983 and I still use it.

Name:  Bomb Squad Chart.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  539.8 KB

6. 07-10-2017, 05:45 PM
    That's Diagram # 1 out of 3.

Yes, I was an Intellivision nerd, for sure.

7. 07-10-2017, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    That's Diagram # 1 out of 3.

Yes, I was an Intellivision nerd, for sure.
    I'm quickly becoming one!!!

I said from the beginning, I like the disc. Took me a while to get into the groove, and a lot of help from people doing more than they should have to get my INT experience going, but I really, really like the system!
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Thanks Intellivision Master thanked this post
  8. 07-11-2017, 08:36 AM
    Name:  1.png
Views: 27
Size:  30.1 KB

For this performance, you have been granted full membership
  9. 07-11-2017, 08:48 AM
    I REALLY didn't know this was such a decent time, I'll admit-posting blindly and being SOO close to Al-I had NO idea what his time would be, I was expecting one minute[I know now, impossible] is pretty encouraging.

Crazy how this game makes sense after you play it, it really looks like utter chaos.
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
  10. 07-14-2017, 07:28 PM
    accepted.

I'm huge fan of making my own notes too and not looking things up. I think its the only way to play pitfall!. If you already know the shortcuts, you'll get bored of the game and quit before you master the technical skills. But if you draw the map and trial and error, then you just accidentally build the skills up along the way.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Join us