Atari 2600 / VCS - Death Trap - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 34,983 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Death Trap - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 34,983 - Roger 111

07-10-2017, 05:36 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5100
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message

Hardware shown in beginning, only run, around 45 seconds in.
    Breaks my heart not to get 35k on this-I didn't even want first or second place, just 35k, and sooo close!
    I hope to get back to it, but it takes a couple days to really get right on this one, may take me a while to get around to it, and this isn't a bad score, this game is hard!
    One of my very favorite VCS games, hands down, John, I wanted this one really, really bad(This was basically the only game I played the first week I had my Harmony!), I am getting better, but I know EXACTLY how darned good you are now!
    :)
    Thanks Everyone!
  2. 07-10-2017, 08:13 PM
    Your shot accuracy was dead on... impressive... Accepted!!!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 07-11-2017, 05:51 AM
    This score is solid, but I really got "better" at this game than this, but it never quite came together for a score.

Very challenging game, yes, controlling the shots is crucial, not sure why the left to right blocks are 10 times harder than the right to left ones...
    So they say
    Dance for me, dance for me, dance for me, oh, oh, oh
  4. 07-11-2017, 04:24 PM
    Don't worry about the 35k. You will come back and revisit this game and surely get a 35k+. You got all the skills down just need to press a little bit harder. There is still a few more hundred points to be had. The game gets nerve racking in the last little bit, the question is do you try for 1 more pass of the blocks and let the line advance below you or do you take the safe approach and finish before it it shoots out another blast and now you have to dodge that and the line advancing. Good luck on your next attempt.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
Join us