Intellivision Superchef - Burger Time 2

1. Intellivision Superchef - Burger Time 2

05-07-2017, 04:26 PM

I wanted to share this with the community:

at this website: http://www.intellivision.us/

They are keeping the Intellivision alive.

They have made some homebrew games and "updates" of classic games, like Ms. Night Stalker, Superchef - BurgerTime 2 and Super-Pro Tennis (a one player tennis cartridge). For those who really enjoyed some classics, they made fresh new versions for Intellivision super-fans. Check out their website. They even fixed Donkey Kong - a cartridge called "Donkey Kong Arcade" ... which looks and sounds exactly like the arcade version - A MUCH improved version over our classic version by Coleco.

I got the SuperChef game and I'm pretty good at it. I believe that I have the World Record.

In this game, there are 69 different screens and they come on RANDOMLY to get away from the boredom of continuously clearing the same seven screens like the original cartridge.

Here's the link to my World Record performance of 313,650 Points - (and 33 screens completed). Since it was a lengthy match, I sped up the tape to enjoy the playback.

If you have any questions or comments, please leave them on this post.

I will be getting the new Donkey Kong game, and I will load it on my Youtube page and I'll attach the link here in the future.

I Thought I would share this info. with you gaming lovers !!!
    Likes gavv liked this post
  2. 06-29-2017, 09:08 AM
    It's pretty good though it does have a touch of quantity over quality in the levels. David dod a great job putting it together. I should play it more (and dkII arcade, and lost caves of kroz, lots o the homebrews )

Actually i would refer to it as a 'BT3', since Diner is the true 'BT2' on Inty

Ryan

:)
  3. 06-29-2017, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gavv View Post
    It's pretty good though it does have a touch of quantity over quality in the levels. David dod a great job putting it together. I should play it more (and dkII arcade, and lost caves of kroz, lots o the homebrews )

Actually i would refer to it as a 'BT3', since Diner is the true 'BT2' on Inty
    Ryan
    :)
    Hi Ryan; Thanks!!

And I didn't know you are a 'brew fan like I am.

I have to disagree that "Diner" is a BT game, though. You are correct that they claimed it to be BT part 2 ... however, when you go from one of the best games in the collection (BT) ... to Diner; the worst game in the collection - which seems to have nothing to do with Burger Time. You just throw a bowling ball at food items. That's not BT. As far as i am concerned, Diner was never made for the Intellivision - and I will continue being in denial that Diner was ever made.

I also agree with you that many mazes on Superchef are simplistic .. however, as you clearly already know (as a super-fan like me) :) ... David programmed it to be a 'fun' game to enjoy. Not necessarily to contest. And I Love Superchef. Despite it not being too challenging, I'm sure that you also love it! Especially since you are the Intellivision BT champion of the world.

p.s. I also absolutely LOVE "Lost Caves of Kroz". It's in my top-10.

I didn't realize you are such a super-fan! That's great to hear!

4. 06-29-2017, 06:21 PM
    Yeah, Keith Robinson's putting together the Inty history and info together in intellivisionlives.com back in the 90s was awesome, and I would read almost everything every couple of years. Started picking up the homebrews not quite at the beginning (missed out on 4Tris ans Stonix, but did get Space Patrol), and picked up quite a lot (well, before so many have come out in the last couple years). I was at CGE 2014 and did manage to pick up a Blix before starting my BT contest run. Jr Pac Man is probably the upcoming one i'm looking forward to most.
Join us