Game Boy Advance - Activision Anthology - Decathlon - Pole Vault [Highest Height Cleared] - 5.600 - Roger 111

Is this Performance Claim valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Game Boy Advance - Activision Anthology - Decathlon - Pole Vault [Highest Height Cleared] - 5.600 - Roger 111

07-19-2017, 08:18 AM
    Vzaar Video Url:

Decathlon - Pole Vault [Highest Height Cleared]
    Score Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=18352
    Rules
    Highest Height Cleared may come from game OR practice mode. The maximum entry is 5.6 meters. You can continue playing beyond 5.6, but your entry will not be any higher than 5.6 meters.
    Submission Message

Hardware/settings shown in beginning, only run, just at 2:00. Pic is 5'8", having cleared 5'6".
    Right elbow is shot, I may have to retire from Olympic competition soon...
    5'6" cleared at 7:55, I went on to clear 6'6" at 11:08, I don't guess I understand why this tops out at 5'6"?
    I flicked on the lights and cleared the higher jumps sharing more technique than I should have, really, but fast-tapping on the GBA SP seems impossible even to me, just wanted to be definitive about the method.
    Thanks Everyone!
  2. 07-20-2017, 02:40 PM
    I never vote, when track rules are such obvious garbage.

If there's a good reason why higher scores are unacceptable, it ought to be clearly stated.

Something smells fishy, like some idiot's trying to keep fake scores at the top, in perpetuity.

That is simultaneously corrupt and ********.

Hopefully, Mr Poco, your demonstration will make some sense of this nonsense.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 07-20-2017, 08:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    I never vote, when track rules are such obvious garbage.

If there's a good reason why higher scores are unacceptable, it ought to be clearly stated.

Something smells fishy, like some idiot's trying to keep fake scores at the top, in perpetuity.

That is simultaneously corrupt and ********.

Hopefully, Mr Poco, your demonstration will make some sense of this nonsense.
    most likely a copy and paste from the 2600 rules,
    its to do with a scoring glitch when doing all the events.
    ive always liked the idea of how high can you go on this

Accepted
    Likes Rogerpoco, fredb999 liked this post
  4. 07-20-2017, 08:21 PM
    Thanks @nads
    I'm glad I put the lights on and showed the technique after I beat the max-I swear, I can't jump this high on EMU, even with perfect controls.
    I have a version of the game on Stella EMU that says "Fixed", I wonder if the scoring glitch was what was fixed.
    I don't use it on Stella, as "Fixed" sounds "Modified", but I still wonder if that is what was fixed.
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
  5. 07-21-2017, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Thanks @nads
    I'm glad I put the lights on and showed the technique after I beat the max-I swear, I can't jump this high on EMU, even with perfect controls.
    I have a version of the game on Stella EMU that says "Fixed", I wonder if the scoring glitch was what was fixed.
    I don't use it on Stella, as "Fixed" sounds "Modified", but I still wonder if that is what was fixed.
    Here is a great article from the game designer David Crane.

He mentions there may be 2 versions of this game

http://www.2600connection.com/interv...vid_crane.html
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  6. 07-21-2017, 07:44 AM
    Great Article!
    I won't spoil it, but how they realized the bug was still there was pretty cool.
    Droplets of Yes and No
    In an Ocean of Maybe...
    Likes nads liked this post
Join us