Dispute: Patrick Maher - Arcade - Marvel VS Capcom - Points [Tournament Settings] - Player: Adam Stombaugh - Patrick J Maher

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Patrick Maher - Arcade - Marvel VS Capcom - Points [Tournament Settings] - Player: Adam Stombaugh - Patrick J Maher

07-25-2017, 06:26 PM
    Arcade - Marvel VS Capcom - Points [Tournament Settings]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3341
    Rules
    Difficulty: Expert
    Damage Level: Normal
    Timer Speed: Normal
    Mode Select: Free Select
    Game Speed: Free Select
    1P Max Round: 3
    2P Max Round: 3
    Event: Off
    Join-In: On
    Special Rules: You may freely choose any available character. [Including Machine Unlocked Secret Characters] You may freely choose your Mode and Game Speed. Continues are not allowed!
    Player Name
    Adam Stombaugh
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2000-06-10
    Disputed Score
    2120509 (Rank 6)
    Disputed By
    The Kombat King
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Giving the new dispute system a test drive with what I hope is an easy case. The rules for this track explicitly state that continues are not allowed, yet this 6th place score ends with a 9. Capcom games traditionally increase the score by 1 point for every continue. Otherwise it is impossible to have a score that doesn't end in double zeros. (Unless you use 100 continues I guess.)

See 11:56 of this video to see what I'm talking about:

And there are some hardcore Capcom gamers who can back me up on this:
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/164282

Hopefully this dispute goes well and doesn't require much more evidence. There are 50+ more of these Capcom scores I plan to dispute, including 3 more for this track alone.
    Thanks HAN, YesAffinity, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes HAN, YesAffinity, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 07-25-2017, 07:59 PM
    Absolutely correct, and thank you for taking the initiative to clean these up.
    Matthew 21:22

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

My current collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKzvF3dRPsw
    Thanks The Kombat King thanked this post
    Likes The Kombat King liked this post
  3. 07-25-2017, 08:06 PM
    I agree with the dispute.
    Hopefully scores like this get sorted out quickly since they look the easiest to get rid of.
    Likes The Kombat King liked this post
  4. 07-25-2017, 08:20 PM
    Agreed 100‰, thus should be removed. Thanks for starting this!
  5. 07-26-2017, 02:55 AM
    Although I do agree that the scores should be removed because it's obvious that they were not from one credit, but the real issue is the rules. The scores on Capcom fighters with points in the 1's and 10's digits ARE possible WITHOUT continues. It could represent how many other players joined in during the course of the game, not just continues. So either way, these are from either continues or other people joining in. Here's where the rules are the issue. Lets say one credit was used and the player beat all comers during the game. The score is from one credit on that players side and did NOT use continues. The rules don't have anything against this even though most people (including me) know the scores should be from a 1 PLAYER ONLY game.

Game on.

Hec
    If you need me, I'll be on the 7th floor. No Mames. No steering wheels.
    Thanks YesAffinity, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes YesAffinity, JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 07-26-2017, 06:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    Although I do agree that the scores should be removed because it's obvious that they were not from one credit, but the real issue is the rules. The scores on Capcom fighters with points in the 1's and 10's digits ARE possible WITHOUT continues. It could represent how many other players joined in during the course of the game, not just continues. So either way, these are from either continues or other people joining in. Here's where the rules are the issue. Lets say one credit was used and the player beat all comers during the game. The score is from one credit on that players side and did NOT use continues. The rules don't have anything against this even though most people (including me) know the scores should be from a 1 PLAYER ONLY game.

Game on.

Hec
    Good luck arguing that in TGSAP :)
  7. 07-26-2017, 09:18 AM
    ^^It's a valid point. Although, the question is what is the "spirit" of the track, or most tracks for that matter. How many other titles out there could benefit in this fashion of "gaming the system"?

The MAME counterpart of this title and most (probably all, although I haven't looked at all of them) Capcom fighters include the additional clarification: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! The arcade tracks do not contain that language.

I think I now see my path to taking the Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo world record. :D

Street Fighter (15th) Anniversary Collection: Hyper Street Fighter II World Champion (PS2)

8. 07-26-2017, 10:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by YesAffinity View Post
    I think I now see my path to taking the Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo world record. :D
    If I challenge you, you won't be the one taking the record.
    Thanks YesAffinity thanked this post
    Likes YesAffinity liked this post
  9. 07-26-2017, 10:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    If I challenge you, you won't be the one taking the record.
    Says you. ;)

Likes Almighty Dreadlock liked this post
  10. 07-26-2017, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by YesAffinity View Post
    Says you. ;)
    Fighting words, I like it.
    Thanks YesAffinity thanked this post
    Likes YesAffinity liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Join us