thread

Dispute: John McAllister - M.A.M.E. - Crazy Kong [Set 1] - Points - Player: Benjamin J Walbeehm - Score: 638700

User Tag List

Is this a valid dispute?

You may not vote on this poll
    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
  1. 10-15-2017, 04:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by redelf View Post
    Yeah that's why I asked that it be moved to another track, and that if TG couldn't create that track I would. It's a legit score just not for this track.

RTM REPLY - I believe that in the spirit of competition, seeing how there is a "DK No Hammer Challenge", that TG should have a second variation for CK which allows for the various level skips (there is more than one) and start by having Ben's score be the inaugural score.

Level skip or not that's a good score and I am sure that CK players will agree.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Barra, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 02-14-2018, 05:41 AM
    We have updated the rules for this track to allow for stage section skip tricks. Comments are welcome.
    Dave Hawksett
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
    Likes d3scride, Barra, redelf liked this post
  3. 02-14-2018, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hawksett View Post
    We have updated the rules for this track to allow for stage section skip tricks. Comments are welcome.
    I don't get it, you reversed the rules to accommodate one score?

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  4. 02-14-2018, 12:45 PM
    Thanks Dave

On reflection having just the one track is the better option. A “no tricks” variation is pointless and does nothing for the competitiveness of the game

I will have to play again using these tricks, which is fine because that’s the fun part, right?

:)
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
    Likes redelf liked this post
  5. 02-14-2018, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barra View Post
    Thanks Dave

On reflection having just the one track is the better option. A “no tricks” variation is pointless and does nothing for the competitiveness of the game

I will have to play again using these tricks, which is fine because that’s the fun part, right?

:)
    Agree. It's just pointless to separate them into tricks/no tricks variations when there is no demand for the later. It's not like this trick allows for massive massive increases in score and the people who would make use of this trick anyway would be top 10 players on the original track anyway.
    Craig Rout Gallant

Current verified TG WRs: 58

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/CraigARG
    MAME World Records channel: https://www.youtube.com/MAMEWorldRecords
    Likes Barra liked this post
  6. 02-15-2018, 07:09 AM
    and more than one score did this IIRC. This dispute should be closed now right? There really needs to be a change to these when a decision is actually made like this versus someone have a score in "dispute" limbo for eternity now.
    Dan Desjardins
  7. 02-16-2018, 08:26 AM
    OK, I get the bigger picture, thanks guys.

As for the change in rules, there's no indication on the game in this new system (note: brought out today) of what the old rules were. I see a date at the bottom of the rules but that's not a record of what the old rules were... I'm curious how this new system of recording changes is meant to work.

Are you on my radar?
    I'd rather be last on every game than throw my time away chasing only one score.
  8. 02-16-2018, 10:48 AM
    The old rules are in a further info box that has not yet been activated. Please give us some time for this as we would like to concentrate on any issues arising from today's update first.

Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    OK, I get the bigger picture, thanks guys.

As for the change in rules, there's no indication on the game in this new system (note: brought out today) of what the old rules were. I see a date at the bottom of the rules but that's not a record of what the old rules were... I'm curious how this new system of recording changes is meant to work.
    Dave Hawksett
    Head Custodian
    www.TwinGalaxies.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Join us