Dispute: Simon Leitch - iOS - Candy Crush Saga - World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1 - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 19,760

Is this a valid dispute?

    This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Simon Leitch - iOS - Candy Crush Saga - World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1 - Player: Rodrigo Lopes - Score: 19,760

    07-28-2017, 09:15 AM
    iOS - Candy Crush Saga - World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=200484
    Rules

    You may NOT use Boosters or your record/attempt will be disqualified!Continues are NOT allowed.
    Player Name
    Rodrigo Lopes
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=157268
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2016-06-03
    Disputed Score
    19,760 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Almighty Dreadlock
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    This is the first dispute, of many to come, in what I have dubbed, 'the Candy Crush "Booster" Scandal'.

    If you're puzzled as to why I think it's a scandal, don't worry. That will become clear, as the scale of this thing emerges.

    The following two screenshots illustrate the point at which a "booster" is used, in this submission's game:-






    The genesis of the Scandal is to be found, somewhere within this thread.

    Let the mayhem commence . . .
    Last edited by admin staff; 08-01-2017 at 04:01 AM.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 07-28-2017, 09:22 AM
    Looks like JJT added some valuable information about boosters in that thread.
    Likes D.B. Cooper liked this post
  3. 07-28-2017, 01:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by timhett View Post
    Looks like JJT added some valuable information about boosters in that thread.
    Hmmmm...I voted yes on the disputed submission. Looks to me that I have quite some future cred grief coming.

    It's going to be interesting to see the cred leader board in a few months time.





    john

    .
  4. 07-28-2017, 01:28 PM
    Is it just me or are the attachments not working? I get the following error:

    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator
  5. 07-28-2017, 01:37 PM
    The optional boosters that are banned are those that line the top of the screen. None of those boosters are used. If anyone has played this game at any length they'll know the things Rodrigo uses are an unavoidable part of the game. Match four & you get a stripe. Match five in a row and you get the multi-coloured bauble thing. These are normal play which the game itself enforces optimised use of when you complete the level. It is impossible to play the game and avoid those in-game bonuses - that's all they are: bonuses.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks HugDD thanked this post
  6. 07-28-2017, 06:29 PM
    Its a free to play game, pretty standard to not allow you to use bonuses that can be bought, thats what it means by boosters, barthax is correct, the submission was fine this is not a valid challenge.

    Further, spirit of the rule aside, i believe the semantics are correct too, though I'll admit I could be wrong there, but since semantics is what this is about since spirit of the rule is definitely followed lets go. A "booster" is what you call it when you get it added at the begininng. The exact same item when earned with in game play is not called a "booster". Yes, "color bombs" were used, and "color bombs" are sometimes boosters but they are sometimes not "boosters". During this game play they were not boosters.

    If this was outlawed it would indeed be a scandal as the entire track would've have to be thrown out. Might as well just make a track that says quit the moment you start.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  7. 07-28-2017, 08:56 PM
    I think the term Boosters is being used for items that can be obtained before the actual play. Do we not watch the videos? These are earned during the gameplay. Oh yes this is totally a scandal. XD
    "Unable to scream
    Lips like keroscene"
  8. 07-28-2017, 10:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidious View Post
    Do we not watch the videos?
    You obviously don't.

    The Colour Bomb item is a "booster", not a "bonus".

    It is earned or won, before the game starts, and chosen by default.

    Another Candy Crush player, who participated in the discussion, figured out how to avoid playing with the Colour Bomb.

    I myself played the game a few times, and the Colour Bomb did not appear, because I did not earn or win it.

    I suggest you read the thread, learn the facts, otherwise the "Booster" Scandal will escalate even further.
  9. 07-28-2017, 11:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    Hmmmm...I voted yes on the disputed submission. Looks to me that I have quite some future cred grief coming.

    It's going to be interesting to see the cred leader board in a few months time.





    john

    .
    I voted YES because I believe this run is Valid, simple as that if I take a hit I'll take it on the chin.

    Voting NO as I still believe Rodrigo played within the rules, like the other 100 odd runs
    Likes HugDD liked this post
  10. 07-28-2017, 11:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    The optional boosters that are banned are those that line the top of the screen. None of those boosters are used. If anyone has played this game at any length they'll know the things Rodrigo uses are an unavoidable part of the game.
    All "boosters" are optional, including the Colour Bomb. The track rules neither identify nor make allowance for compulsory "boosters". Thus, use of the Colour Bomb disqualifies a submission.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Match five in a row and you get the multi-coloured bauble thing.
    I assume that, by "bauble", you are referring to the Colour Bomb. In which case, you are wrong. If you look at Mr Rodrigo Lopes's current Candy Crush submission, you will observe that the Colour Bomb appears at the very start of his game, so is not the result of any gameplay. Lining up five normal items makes the player's selected "booster", which is not necessarily the Colour Bomb, appear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    These are normal play which the game itself enforces optimised use of when you complete the level. It is impossible to play the game and avoid those in-game bonuses - that's all they are: bonuses.
    The Colour Bomb is not "just a bonus". Here, it is clearly identified as a "booster":-




    Playing with the Colour Bomb is not compulsory. This fact has been tested, and proven conclusively. Denial is futile. Face the fact that gross game ignorance has been exhibited, and consequently a lot of wrong decisions have been made. Learn the lesson taught by this thread, and replace game ignorance with game knowledge.
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 255
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Join us