Intellivision - Skiing - NTSC/PAL - Slope 14 - Slalom - 01:42.8 - Intellivision Master

Is this Performance Claim valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Intellivision - Skiing - NTSC/PAL - Slope 14 - Slalom - 01:42.8 - Intellivision Master

08-08-2017, 08:32 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC/PAL - Slope 14 - Slalom
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=14302
    Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console.

Submission Message
    Here is my submission for:

Intellivision Skiing, Slalom, Slope # 14

Settings shown to start the tape.

World Record Run of 102.8 Seconds (1:42.8)

(One Minute, 42.8 Seconds) achieved by Blue Skier.

World Record Ski Run is the FIRST HEAT starting at 6 SECONDS in to the tape.

Hardware shown after the Match at 4:20 on the tape.

(Pics to follow)

Enjoy!!

Likes RaGeNyC, Rogerpoco liked this post
  2. 08-08-2017, 08:47 PM
    Name:  IMG_5818.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  450.2 KB

Name:  IMG_5819.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  464.6 KB

Name:  IMG_5820.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  432.7 KB

3. 08-09-2017, 10:49 AM
    I actually found Astrosmash, CIB, here in my tiny mountain town a few days ago, was pretty crazy, tbh-I do find good stuff, but usually not right here(Vectrex notwithstanding).
    That being the case, this is definitely the game I want most that I don't have-not that I'd be good at it, but you really seem to enjoy it, makes me want to give it a try.

Great Run!
    Accepted!!!

BTW-that course seems particularly difficult(and long)disguising it a bit, but I think your skiing has gotten tighter, you might consider someday revisiting and upping some of your previous scores!
    Thanks Intellivision Master thanked this post
  4. 08-09-2017, 02:40 PM
    Looks good, accepted
    Thanks Intellivision Master thanked this post
  5. 08-09-2017, 04:10 PM
    Oh YAA ; I'll be coming back and maxing-out every slope !

Learning this course is a painful process. I'm just making it look easy. When I was a kid, I gave up on slalom completely and only played downhill. This is a new challenge for me.

BTW-that course seems particularly difficult(and long)disguising it a bit, but I think your skiing has gotten tighter, you might consider someday revisiting and upping some of your previous scores![/QUOTE]

6. 08-09-2017, 04:11 PM
    definitely really fast course. wonder how much it can be pulled down based on some of the missed gates. looks like probably 2 of the 5 or so misses are definite not-even-try-for ones. Accepted
  7. 08-09-2017, 04:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by gavv View Post
    definitely really fast course. wonder how much it can be pulled down based on some of the missed gates. looks like probably 2 of the 5 or so misses are definite not-even-try-for ones. Accepted
    Thanks!

You're right .. Slope 13, 14 and 15, the skier comes down too fast to hit every gate. I think eventually I'll just skip the two gates (maybe 3) that would take more time to catch than the 5 second penalty. And I agree I think the rest can be caught.... Eventually, I'll be trying to max out each slope. For now, I'm throwing down what I think are "very good" times.... A great benchmark to go after when I return.

On this one, watching it back, I feel that I could have caught 2 more gates - easy.

I haven't tried it yet ... but the super-slow slopes and "extremely super slow" slopes, I can bet that it would take WAY more than the 5 second penalty to get over to the other side to hit the gate, and I'll be skipping gates again to maximize the time.

Join us